For all those who are planning to join BIG IT companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

javin

Broken In
One should never become so personally attached to organizations that they reach a point where they have to write articles of this sort.

Just keep it 8 hour / day. 5 days.

Most of the stuff he wrote, are quite obvious and pertinent to most organizations. Typical "Indianization" on a US template.

How? In Infosys it is a rule to work for 9.5 hours per day whether you have any work to do or not. otherwise HR action is taken against you.

Don't you think freshers need to know the truth before they join an organization?

mitraark

Decrepit
Can you learn a new programming language in just 3 days? If your answer is "no", you shouldn't join one of these organizations. If your answer is "yes", you shouldn't join one of these organizations.

Well it is true that 3 Days to learn a Programming Language is absurd , but training is not something which will make you expert after end of course , it will just be a class for the different modules in the language , it is upto you to practice and indulge and finally become the expert in the programming language by yourrself in time.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@javin
Ofcourse.

@asingh : It is not for those who live with dreams of joining these BIG companies. This is for the ones who is very passionate to do something and innovate new things.

@xtremevicky

Going too personal is not good for any of us here.

BTW You are not working for Infi nor you had, so how come you know everything about Infi. The trainer part, that was a good one... :D

See you like Accenture and you are well planned on what to do next with your career, that's different thing. Because you choose a company then you chasing behind the career. But i chose a career and looking for a job. This is why people like us ended up mostly in product based companies. Even the article writer now ended up with RSA.

So clearly the article is not for you or your kind of people and as mentioned by javin, read the disclaimer.

and about salary, we all know that we are underpaid. Aren't we? But still due to more than adequate work force, if you deny an offer, there are 1000's of people out there to accept it and this is the reason still now we are not getting what the guy in US getting.

Well it is true that 3 Days to learn a Programming Language is absurd , but training is not something which will make you expert after end of course , it will just be a class for the different modules in the language , it is upto you to practice and indulge and finally become the expert in the programming language by yourrself in time.

That was meant to be sarcastic example. Read my prev post...

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
@xtremevicky709,

I too work for Accenture, and had worked / trained in TCS. And one thing I know for sure is, you are really being a troll. :|

We all carry our feelings for current / previous employers, but we don't rant about it in public. And your good previous employer doesn't make other's employer bad / bullsh!t.

Get some life dude. If you don't, I fear mods will take some actions against you.

mitraark

Decrepit
Nobody is crying and cribbing. You are just not able to understand simple facts. Yes, please stop arguing about things you don't understand. Leave Accenture. Join a real engineering company. Then may be you will understand why a fresher should never join Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Accenture, Cognizant, etc. You are the only person I can see in this whole thread who is cribbing about the article. Others are discussing facts.

If it was that simple to join any company of our choice , everyone would join a "real engineering company" ... I feel someone who has worked in a company reserves the right to speak something about it more than any outsider.. you are deameaning these companies in every post , as if you have worked in everyone of them , and suggesting Microsoft Google as worthy places to work , any validation you have for your word other than similar blogs and articles .... Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Accenture , they are the top hiring IT COmpanies for a reason , increasing number of fresher intake does not necessarily make it equivalent of being a cheap company.

I for one , know that i will most probably end up in one these companies in two years time. "This is for the ones who is very passionate to do something and innovate new things." , yeah guess i am not , flunking Communications paper :D So i guess i am going to be a "loser who are stuck in a crappy company".

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
If it was that simple to join any company of our choice , everyone would join a "real engineering company" ... I feel someone who has worked in a company reserves the right to speak something about it more than any outsider.. you are deameaning these companies in every post , as if you have worked in everyone of them , and suggesting Microsoft Google as worthy places to work , any validation you have for your word other than similar blogs and articles .... Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Accenture , they are the top hiring IT COmpanies for a reason , increasing number of fresher intake does not necessarily make it equivalent of being a cheap company.

No one ever said these things. For once, please read all the posts and reply. We already clearly mentioned that, IT IS NOT a good choice for fresher, if he wants to apply his engg skills or to do some real coding. Period.

If you know about these companies and you join with them, it's upto you and no one will stop. But this article is for someone wants to do something innovative and kinda stuff, who is seeking advice. Got it.

javin

Broken In

I for one , know that i will most probably end up in one these companies in two years time. "This is for the ones who is very passionate to do something and innovate new things." , yeah guess i am not , flunking Communications paper :D So i guess i am going to be a "loser who are stuck in a crappy company".

If you know for sure that you will end up in those then this article is not for you. Read the article carefully for heaven's sake people!

I am not demeaning the companies. I am saying that if someone is confident and good at engineering he must try to get into adobe, amazon, etc. many people like me who thought infosys, tcs, were good company and joined it regretted. then we left and joined better companies.

i have not worked in everyone of them. i have worked in infosys. my friends have worked in tcs, wipro, accenture, cognizant, etc. i know from them that the condition is same everywhere. but the condition is vastly better in adobe, amazon, ...

mitraark

Decrepit
No one ever said these things. For once, please read all the posts and reply.

I quoted .

We already clearly mentioned that, IT IS NOT a good choice for fresher, if he wants to apply his engg skills or to do some real coding. Period. If you know about these companies and you join with them, it's upto you and no one will stop. But this article is for someone wants to do something innovative and kinda stuff, who is seeking advice. Got it.

I am sorry but i am a pessimist , and saying that "being passionate enough" can land you in good Companies like Microsoft and Google is a little farfetched. Even in good colleges only a few get selected by such companies. As much as i know like everyone else , companies like TCS Infosys just sweeps away the bootom feeders of a class , and are to be avoided during placements at all costs , i have somewhat accepted that it will probably be where i [ and quite a few others ] end up and have to climb up from there , no point in completely demeaning them.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
you guys are getting emotional on this one. the blog shows the immaturity of the person. he has some opinions of his own and posted it. you are free to like or dislike it. Well I agreed to only two (Culture and Onsite) points mentioned by him.

@xtremevicky709: why are you so adamant on proving Infosys training as the best in industry? What's the point? I left argument in other thread because I don't feed trolling or I am not here to quench someone's ego.

Moving ahead, on that blog. Those who are passing out from engineering colleges really have a choice? According to Nasscom 350,000 students graduate in engineering. Do they have many choices to select a career from? I do not think so. Most of the Civil, Mechanical, Electrical engineering students also join software industry being unaware of computers (I mean knowledge of microprocessors, OOP, Data Structure etc) and basic programming knowledge.

Are there enough startups around which can make use of these "engineers"? Gyaan dena sabse asaan kaam hai is desh main!
I have searched for a good job in bangalore for 4 whole months! Couldn't find any startup to employ me. What were my options? To keep looking for a "good" place where I could enhance and make use of my engineering skills or join any organization which is providing me a job. I had to be practical.

I know that the blogger has started his post by "This blog post is not about how these companies feed the stomachs of lakhs of people." but I think that he got bored of his job (as most of people in this industry) and wrote his mind off. :)

javin

Broken In
you guys are getting emotional on this one. the blog shows the immaturity of the person.

And this comment of yours is very unemotional, no?

How would you feel if I now say that your comment shows the immaturity of yours?

You guys don't even read the article carefully. THE ARTICLE IS NOT MEANT FOR THOSE WHO CAN NOT GET A JOB IN PLACES OTHER THAN INFOSYS, TCS, WIPRO!

For heaven's sake READ THE ARTICLE CAREFULLY. THE DISCLAIMER IN THE ARTICLE says that it is addressed towards only those people who have options to join better companies but they might fall prey to the hype of Infosys, TCS, Wipro!

I am sorry but i am a pessimist , and saying that "being passionate enough" can land you in good Companies like Microsoft and Google is a little farfetched. Even in good colleges only a few get selected by such companies.

From Susam Pal: Infosys, TCS, or Wipro? =>

ALERT: If you are not interested in making a career in engineering, lack the confidence to do so, or you are very content with working for one of these three companies for reasons that are valid to you, you may stop reading this and go back to what you were doing before landing on this page.

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@gagan007

no Startup's in B'lore. Are you kidding me?

and no is is getting emotional. we are having a discussion here and everyone is trying hard to prove their point.

FYI, it is not some random guy who posted something out of his mind. If you see the comment, you can accept the fact that most of the things blogger mentioned was true.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
About getting emotional, I was pointing at xtreme guy and javin, not you :)

I did struggle for 4 months buddy. No one would take me!

And I am not saying it was some random guy. I have said that he is from the same industry and that's why he has written all this. We all feel same way, don't we?

mitraark

Decrepit
Microsoft took 3 students from our college this year , all of whom were exceptional. And by exceptional i mean they worked their asses off so hard that other people would be scared. Now maybe i lack the confidence to join such big companies , but its it reasonable to give such exaggerated hopes to students who will be future CSE / IT Engineers ?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Microsoft took 3 students from our college this year , all of whom were exceptional. And by exceptional i mean they worked their asses off so hard that other people would be scared. Now maybe i lack the confidence to join such big companies , but its it reasonable to give such exaggerated hopes to students who will be future CSE / IT Engineers ?

It is not exaggerated, just the truth. Don't lack confidence or at least from now on.

How am I being a Troll ? Everybody who has used this do give me a explanation !

About Infi training , My best friend is in Infi .

Ok some basic points I am trying to point out that the author has not taken care of. I will go ahead with an example :

--> A average Indian guy who has done his engg who has no interest in MBA and is a good student but not extraordinary . I guess that is 60% off the class . Now , He gets a job from Infi and TCS. He celebrates it and is happy about it Until he comes across this article . What would you advice him ? join Google ? Infi or TCS are poor ?

I RESPECT what the author said but people who have finished engg and looking for advice to join TCS or Infi will take this article personally and wont be too optimistic about joining eighter company.

I am not a troll but I have seen my juniors careers ruined because of bad advice and improper articles .

Still Explain to me How am i being a Troll ? :O

javin

Broken In
I am trying to point out that the author has not taken care of. I will go ahead with an example: A average Indian guy who has done his engg who has no interest in MBA and is a good student but not extraordinary . I guess that is 60% off the class . Now , He gets a job from Infi and TCS. He celebrates it and is happy about it Until he comes across this article . What would you advice him ? join Google ? Infi or TCS are poor ?

Author has taken care of this. You have not read the article carefully. Read this part again.

ALERT: If you are not interested in making a career in engineering, lack the confidence to do so, or you are very content with working for one of these three companies for reasons that are valid to you, you may stop reading this and go back to what you were doing before landing on this page.

How am I being a Troll ? Still Explain to me How am i being a Troll ? :O

You are being a troll because you start the discussion by calling other people old sissie girls. Trolls do this. Respectable people don't do this.

About Infi training , My best friend is in Infi .

You are also not giving any good reason to prove that one should join Infosys. Saying that your best friend works in Infosys is not a good reason because your best friend is still in Infosys. it is possible for him to say good things about infosys because he doesn't want to accept that he works in a bad company because of ego reasons.

And what if your best friend works in infosys. Author has worked in Infosys. I worked in Infosys. So many comments in the links I gave have worked in infy, tcs, wipro. When they are saying that it is a bad place then who is your friend? Now the author is working in RSA. he has seen both sides of the software world. who do you think will know more? Your friend who is still stuck in infosys or the author who has worked in infosys and RSA. If you don't know about RSA you should search about it on the internet to know that it is the best cryptography company out there.

Last edited:
@xtremevicky709,

I too work for Accenture, and had worked / trained in TCS. And one thing I know for sure is, you are really being a troll. :|

We all carry our feelings for current / previous employers, but we don't rant about it in public. And your good previous employer doesn't make other's employer bad / bullsh!t.

Get some life dude. If you don't, I fear mods will take some actions against you.

Author has taken care of this. You have not read the article carefully. Read this part again.

You are being a troll because you start the discussion by calling other people old sissie girls. Trolls do this. Respectable people don't do this.

You are also not giving any good reason to prove that one should join Infosys. Saying that your best friend works in Infosys is not a good reason because your best friend is still in Infosys. it is possible for him to say good things about infosys because he doesn't want to accept that he works in a bad company because of ego reasons.

And what if your best friend works in infosys. Author has worked in Infosys. Now he is working in RSA. he has seen both sides of the software world. who do you think will know more? Your friend who is still stuck in infosys or the author who has worked in infosys and RSA. If you don't know about RSA you should search about it on the internet to know that it is the best cryptography company out there.

So what are you implying that everyone should join RSA ? and those why have jobs at Infi should leave and sit at home because it is not as good as RSA ?

I dont find the need of the author to slate Infi just because it is not as good as RSA , Google or Microsoft !

Answer this : If a Engg gets a placement in Infi and Tcs and not at RSA or Google then what do you expect him to do ? Not work ? Be unemployed ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom