For all those who are planning to join BIG IT companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

javin

Broken In
So what are you implying that everyone should join RSA ? and those why have jobs at Infi should leave and sit at home because it is not as good as RSA ?

No! God! What is wrong with you! Can't you even read simple English? It means that if you can not leave Infosys, stay in Infosys. The article is not meant for you.

Answer this : If a Engg gets a placement in Infi and Tcs and not at RSA or Google then what do you expect him to do ? Not work ? Be unemployed ?

Please read the disclaimer carefully. It doesn't say you have to stay unemployed. It says that the article is not useful to those who can not join RSA or Google. The article is useful to those who can.

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
And here is one more dose:

My life in Accenture before startups - swombat.com on startups

I will post directly the conclusion from that post:
Conclusion

My advice to people who are hesitating between startups and a company like Accenture is: don't worry too much about it.

Big, prestigious corporations have their share of benefits. Accenture is probably not a bad choice amongst the selection of corporate masters. If you've got the bug for entrepreneurship, chances are a few years in a large corporation won't distract you from it (and they might even strengthen your resolve). If you feel like you can start a business right away, you can try that too.

But don't stress about it. You're not making the most important decision in your life. There'll be many chances to adjust the shot if you decide corporate life is not for you. Many entrepreneurs get started later in life, after having held steady jobs for decades.

If it's in your blood, it's in your blood.

No! God! What is wrong with you! Can't you even read simple English? It means that if you can not leave Infosys, stay in Infosys. The article is not meant for you.

Please read the disclaimer carefully. It doesn't say you have to stay unemployed. It says that the article is not useful to those who can not join RSA or Google. The article is useful to those who can.

I just have on answer to you !

The author says for those who want to join eighter Infi or TCS ? Now you say that he wants them to join RSA or Google !

If you have a offer from Google then you wont even consider Infi or TCS . The original point is not to join any of those .

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
How? In Infosys it is a rule to work for 9.5 hours per day whether you have any work to do or not. otherwise HR action is taken against you.

Don't you think freshers need to know the truth before they join an organization?

I meant it in the figurative sense. Doing one full work-cycle per day. Disconnecting from office and going back.

Also you had commented about the disclaimer. Who reads moot disclaimers in today's world. Be it movies,blogs, cigarette boxes.

See things are not so simple and easy as S.Pal states it with his figurative language. I wondered what he would have thought if he would have read an article when he was starting his job. How easy is it for the 1000++ engineers we create each year to get a job in in the "good" companies listed out in the blog. Who does not dream to do well and perform real engineering queries / analysis. Everyone. Probably 1/10000 people competing engineering really do it for the heck of it. So most can read that blog. It sounds like he is a big snob who has made it big (he seems like an intelligent guy though, read his other posts) and archaic now, or started a successful start up. Or he is quite far from the reality of life.

Infy, Wipro, and TCS are HUUGE companies. They do a lot more than what is stated in the blog. They readily take in freshers (young adults who have completed 4 years of college, have huge college loans to pay - off, middle class/lower middle class families, parents cannot afford any more expenditure) and give them a livelihood. But he does mention that his blog is NOT about what all I mentioned above.

Let us learn to call a spade a spade. Things are not so grandiose in India and the harsh reality is out there. Either one grasps it, or can sit at homes and apply to start up, Google, RSA, M$. :)

Bad job is better than no job.

Reactions: ico

javin

Broken In
I just have on answer to you !

The author says for those who want to join eighter Infi or TCS ? Now you say that he wants them to join RSA or Google !

If you have a offer from Google then you wont even consider Infi or TCS . The original point is not to join any of those .

If you agree that somebody should try for Google instead of trying for Infy or TCS if he has the ability what are you arguing about?

I meant it in the figurative sense. Doing one full work-cycle per day. Disconnecting from office and going back.

Also you had commented about the disclaimer. Who reads moot disclaimers in today's world. Be it movies,blogs, cigarette boxes.

See things are not so simple and easy as S.Pal states it with his figurative language. I wondered what he would have thought if he would have read an article when he was starting his job. How easy is it for the 1000++ engineers we create each year to get a job in in the "good" companies listed out in the blog. Who does not dream to do well and perform real engineering queries / analysis. Everyone. Probably 1/10000 people competing engineering really do it for the heck of it. So most can read that blog. It sounds like he is a big snob who has made it big (he seems like an intelligent guy though, read his other posts) and archaic now, or started a successful start up. Or he is quite far from the reality of life.

Infy, Wipro, and TCS are HUUGE companies. They do a lot more than what is stated in the blog. They readily take in freshers (young adults who have completed 4 years of college, have huge college loans to pay - off, middle class/lower middle class families, parents cannot afford any more expenditure) and give them a livelihood. But he does mention that his blog is NOT about what all I mentioned above.

Let us learn to call a spade a spade. Things are not so grandiose in India and the harsh reality is out there. Either one grasps it, or can sit at homes and apply to start up, Google, RSA, M$. :)

Harsh reality of Life . You eighter start up with them or end having no job for years .

If you agree that somebody should try for Google instead of trying for Infy or TCS if he has the ability what are you arguing about?

Then what is this article about ? You should join only companies like Google , RSA , etc and as a fresher .

What are you arguing about ? What do you support in that article ? That you as a fresher should join Google ?

javin

Broken In

I did. many people did.

See things are not so simple and easy as S.Pal states it with his figurative language. I wondered what he would have thought if he would have read an article when he was starting his job.

i don't know about s.pal. But if i had got this blog before i started my career i would be very thankful. did you read the comments in the article? some college students have thanked s.pal. for the enlightening post and decided to look for better opportunities.

if someone had writtten an article like this when i started my career i will have searched for better jobs too. I didn't know a lot about the IT world. so i fell for the Infy hype.

How easy is it for the 1000++ engineers we create each year to get a job in in the "good" companies listed out in the blog. Who does not dream to do well and perform real engineering queries / analysis. Everyone. Probably 1/10000 people competing engineering really do it for the heck of it.

This article can save the careers of that 1 of 10000 people.

So most can read that blog. It sounds like he is a big snob who has made it big (he seems like an intelligent guy though, read his other posts) and archaic now, or started a successful start up. Or he is quite far from the reality of life.

Ha ha!

Don't guess.

Read the comments in that article.

Read the comments in HackerStreet.India | Infosys, TCS, or Wipro? and Hacker News | Infosys, TCS or Wipro?

so who is asking everyone to apply for startups google, rsa, microsoft? those who can but is falling for infy hype like i did many years ago, they should apply.

that's a motto of losers. so i disagree.

Harsh reality of Life . You eighter start up with them or end having no job for years .

Then what is this article about ? You should join only companies like Google , RSA , etc and as a fresher .

What are you arguing about ? What do you support in that article ? That you as a fresher should join Google ?

No. For god's sake learn to READ & UNDERSTAND! I am saying it one more time. Read it very carefully.

If you are capable enough to apply for good companies then don't fall for the hype of Infosys TCS Wipro. Try for better companies like Adobe, Microsoft, etc.

Are you kidding me ?

Why would anyone not apply for Google if given a change . The article says how bad Infi and TCS are but the fact is most Engg will end up there .

If you still think they are hypped companies then why even bother to live in India ? Go abroad !

I am gonna stop arguing with you ! There is a different world out there !

javin

Broken In
Are you kidding me ?

Why would anyone not apply for Google if given a change . The article says how bad Infi and TCS are but the fact is most Engg will end up there .

If you still think they are hypped companies then why even bother to live in India ? Go abroad !

Why are you asking me why anyone will not apply for Google if given a change. when did i say that?

I am saying if you have good knowledge, instead of falling for infy hype, try and apply for adobe, microsoft or some good startup. Many people like me are lazy to not apply and fall for the hype. Why can't you understand a simple thing i am trying to say?

Later when a senior jolted me out of my delusion, i took my career seriously and applied for a big company. I got through. I am very happy now. if I had been thinking like you "how can I apply to a big company when I am just in Infy?" i will have been still stuck in infy.

yes, many engineers will end in Infy or TCS. so what?

i live in India because i work for a very nice company in India which is not like Infy, TCS, Accenture. Okay?

Don't troll by asking why I do something. Stick to the topic.

Last edited:
One last post :

" Stop using the word troll "

You are trolling with the fact that one should join RSA Google and all blah blah companies ! How many engg pass out every year and how many jobs there companies create . I am still going to brand the article as a fail as it only targets a particular section of people !

I am not going to advice people who have jobs with there companies to read this and end up making a fool of themselves .

If it were for Infi , TCS and Wipro . How many people would be employed in our country ?

javin

Broken In
One last post :

You are trolling with the fact that one should join RSA Google and all blah blah companies ! How many engg pass out every year and how many jobs there companies create . I am still going to brand the article as a fail as it only targets a particular section of people !

and you are trolling by calling names and asking me why i am in india? Why I am in india is none of your business.

Oh, so a blog post written for engineers is a fail. So you think all technical papers related to web written for web designers is also fail? Man! Your arguments make no sense.

I am not going to advice people who have jobs with there companies to read this and end up making a fool of themselves .

Definitely. if you have so much trouble handling the truth, you shouldn't read such articles.

If it were for Infi , TCS and Wipro . How many people would be employed in our country ?

if no infy, tcs. many people would be unemployed. do you understand that it is not the point of the debate. the point of the debate is about people who are stuck in infy, tcs but are capable of getting better jobs. let the others join infy, tcs, wipro. i have no problems with that. but i hv a problem if someone like me who was capable of getting a better job is stuck in infy, tcs, wipro because he doesn't know the real world of software out there.

javin

Broken In
keep it clean. we are here to have a constructive discussion.

how it is a consctructive discussion if someone starts a debate by calling names, asks questions about my personal decisions like why i am in India and brings points in the debate that are not even related to the debate.

who is saying that india, wipro is bad? nobody is saying that. who is saying someone should be unemployed?

all we are saying is that don't be complacent if you got a job in infy, tcs, wipro. you can be worth much more. you will know whether you can join adobe, microsoft only if you stop to be complacent and try.

I am not going to post anymore .

I am not sorry for what I wrote . I still believe that real world works differently . I am not calling people names . I am calling the article a complete " Piece of Nonsense " If you still think I am going to agree with you then dont try hard. Those were my views and they will be.

javin

Broken In
I am not going to post anymore .

I am not sorry for what I wrote . I still believe that real world works differently . I am not calling people names . I am calling the article a complete " Piece of Nonsense " If you still think I am going to agree with you then dont try hard. Those were my views and they will be.

I already thought your last post was over. Now a new post again?

You are not the only one who lives in the real world. I live in the real world too. All the commenters in that article and the Hacker News article also live in real world.

Don't think you are the only one who lives in real world. I don't expect you to agree with me because you keep repeating the same question again and again without trying to understand what others are saying.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
how it is a consctructive discussion if someone starts a debate by calling names, asks questions about my personal decisions like why i am in India and brings points in the debate that are not even related to the debate.
I guess you were the first guy to use the word "trolling" after asingh's post #42. Either reply politely (multiple cross quoting isn't _always_ necessary) or just agree to disagree and move on. Same applies to xtremevicky as well.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
One last post :

" Stop using the word troll "

You are trolling with the fact that one should join RSA Google and all blah blah companies ! How many engg pass out every year and how many jobs there companies create .

For gods sake he never mentioned that. If your motto is to take care of family and to settle, joining these companies is a good decision. But if you are keen on your career and want to improve it, just go for other companies, gain as much knowledge as you can and try for big shots like RSA, Google etc.

I am still going to brand the article as a fail as it only targets a particular section of people !
I am happy that you say that. You got the answer yourself.

Exactly, it is targeting only a particular group of people who are passionate about what they are doing. See things might not what we are seeing. If you love working in those companies and if YOU think you can shape up your career then it is good for YOU. This article aims at people who think the other way.

No one will throw away their job/offers by simply reading an article (apart from the target audience). If they do so, then they are FOOLS. (No offense meant)

Yes, they are mass recruiters and if you are damn lucky, you will get good domain and challenging job. Otherwise, you'll end up in service/maintanence and rot in the office.

sureshbatra

Right off the assembly line
I am quite disheartened to see how xtremevicky709 has hijacked the whole discussion with his misleading posts. None of his posts are making sense. Why is he arguing about how many people would go jobless without Infosys, TCS and the likes?

Nobody is calling them bad companies. Everyone knows these companies give a lot of jobs. Even the author has written of the article has written that "They are probably good at keeping their customers happy." A company is not bad or good. What we should worry about is whether it is "right".

There are two possible answers.

Answer 1:

Is TCS right for me?
No.

Why?
Because I love playing with distributed systems and writing algorithms to parallelize search and recommendation systems. There is not much chance to do all this in TCS.

Is Amazon the right company for me?
Yes, Amazon Chennai has got some good engineering work. They don't allow freshers to work on distributed systems from day 1. But once I get into the company, I will do good work and find my path into good distributed systems projects in Amazon. Switching teams in Amazon is also easier. They allow to change team every few years. In TCS, changing a team is very hard. The culture of TCS is such that the HR and management randomly allocates people in whatever team they want. they are not flexible about later team changing. So, i will apply to Amazon and not get into TCS even if i have got an offer from TCS.

Answer 2:

Is TCS the right company for me?
Yes.

Why?
Because I am not a hardcore techie. But I know how to do programming. TCS will be comfortable place for me where I can do programming but I don't have to do hardcore techie job. I am not very keen on changing teams. I am ready to work on whatever project they give me. So I will join TCS.

Last edited:
Cheers mate !

I am quite disheartened to see how xtremevicky has hijacked the whole discussion with his misleading posts. None of his posts are making sense. Why is he arguing about how many people would go jobless without Infosys, TCS and the likes?

Nobody is calling them bad companies. Everyone knows these companies give a lot of jobs. Even the author has written of the article has written that "They are probably good at keeping their customers happy." A company is not bad or good. What we should worry about is whether it is "right".

There are two possible answers.

Answer 1:

Is TCS right for me?
No.

Why?
Because I love playing with distributed systems and writing algorithms to parallelize search and recommendation systems. There is not much chance to do all this in TCS.

Is Amazon the right company for me?
Yes. I will try to get a job there.

Answer 2:

Is TCS the right company for me?
Yes.

Why?
Because I am not a hardcore techie. But I know how to do programming. TCS will be comfortable place for me where I can do programming but I don't have to do hardcore techie job.

Join here for the right reasons :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom