For all those who are planning to join BIG IT companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Since many of you are going on and on about how this blog might affect the 'innocent' mind of a fresher, well I thought I might as well put in my opinion on the matter. I am a student in my third of engineering (so technically, I am not yet a fresher but still...), from an average college etc etc, who has a healthy interest in the IT field. I am an average student, an aam aadmi, so I hope my opinion will help you guys.

What S.Pal said in his blog were purely his thoughts and lessons he learnt from life. I'm not complaining when I get free advice. :)

So right now in college the myths are still very active. According to these myths, if you get into Infosys, TCS, etc. your life is set! Everyone wants a placement, and a placement from one of these 'reputed' companies is more than enough for most people.

When I read his blog it confirmed what I had heard before. It wasn't something new. It didn't brainwash me. However, he did put forth some pretty interesting arguments supporting his decision. No point re-iterating them all over again though. I understand that this advice caters to the elite students who have what it takes to get into really good companies.

But that doesn't mean we can't learn from him. Actually, I was inspired. It made me feel good that people are still innovating and pushing technology forward from India itself. That everyone doesn't have to work under a Big banner to make a living, and that we don't have to go abroad if we do want to make an impact.

Now, when I apply for a job, if I get something in Microsoft, Google, etc. obviously I will take it. But if I don't and I do not get a startup which is doing a really interesting project, I will happily go to Infi, TCS, etc. Every place has its own share of things to learn and people to idolize!!

So cheers to that! :toast:

Very nice.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
lol all service IT engineers trying to defend.....accept the fact guys....all these industries sucks when you talk about engineering....all they do eod is body shopping work...:lol:

and service industry survives on freshers blood......its like a cycle....they keep on recruiting in infy cos many leave realizing the truth....so the work is done in cheap way...and in no way these companies provide growth in long term

no offense

product companies are the place you find real engineering work done.

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
no offense

product companies are the place you find real engineering work done.

No offense.
But not all people in product based companies do *real engineering* work and neither *all* people in service based companies doesn't do real engineering work. :|

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
No offense.
But not all people in product based companies do *real engineering* work and neither *all* people in service based companies doesn't do real engineering work. :|

oh is it?:grin::grin:...then what the point of discussion here

btw..@furious_gamer...whos the girl in ur dp ;p

only4omkar

Right off the assembly line
I have read the entire blog post and the follow up discussion also .I am currently in my 3rd year .I have a few doubts .

I have visited the site of quite a few start ups .What i have noticed is that , even the basic posts offered by the startups require 1~2 years experience.
So,if a fresher has to join a startup right after his B.E. , where will he get this experience from ?

monsursound

Broken In
I dont understand why you guys are fighting to prove the author wrong or right.Its a piece of information and its upto individual readers what they get out of it.
Now lets Kick the word 'company' out of our discussion and use 'college' as analogy(as i am still in college...HAHAHA).
Now everybody advice you to get into IITs or NITs(Google,Microsoft,....).For that need to have some quality for sure.If you dont have that you dont qualify.So since u havent qualified what do u do???Sit idle and dont graduate???Of course no..You get in where you can(TCS,INFY...)
Now, if you are good enough.Then you fall into two categories.You think that you can get into IIT and prepare for it.Or you are not aware of your abilities and dont even consider trying for the IITs.Its this group that the author is addressing.The author is trying to state those students(employees) what they will miss if they dont even try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom