Digit to cost Rs.150/- per issue

Is the hike in Digit's price of Rs.150/- justified?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
+1 for only the mag + FT @ Rs.50-75.

Now normal issue will cost Rs.150, then I guess they will make the Special Issue for Rs.250-300.

axxo

99.9% Idle
+1
Most, if not all of the forum members have good net connections, and they don't give a damn to the DVDs. Those without a net connection would really appreciate the 2 DVDs.
The best way would to create two subscription offers, 1 type without the DVDs at a lower cost, and the other type with the DVDs and all.

-1 :p
words applicable only in last decade..atleast 90% of digit readers would have broadband access and its only them who buy the magazine who know its value.
And anyone who prefer DVDs for demos/shareware would directly get the multiple full version games for the price instead.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I reckon it will be 250+ for a 'special' issue then. And expect the number of such 'special' issues to be increased as well. I still have some of the old copies of Digit (from 2002 onwards) with me. At that time, splurging an astronomical Rs.150 or 200 for a special issue didn't feel bad coz the contents were actually worth it. Not just the CDs, but the magazine content used to be top-notch. Now when I look at those old copies and then look at the current version, the 'new' Digit pales in comparison.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I think I had suggested it before as well and I would do it again. Digit need not provide the CDs and DVDs with every issue. They can just provide them once every 6 months. These issues can be priced higher than usual (by higher I mean the current price of Rs. 125) and for the other issues they can just provide the Fast track and sell it at around 75-80 bucks. :|

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
-1 :p
words applicable only in last decade..atleast 90% of digit readers would have broadband access and its only them who buy the magazine who know its value.
And anyone who prefer DVDs for demos/shareware would directly get the multiple full version games for the price instead.
Nope .
The words are still so true.Do you know where is bhandara,gondia,wardha,chandrapur,pusad ?These are the cities that actually buy Digit magazines and yes there is still 90 percent area with no net penetration .Their only touch for the love of PC is Digit. Even if they dont have internet doesnt mean they have no PC.
I still distribute my left over Digit,Chip,PC world DVD's and boy are they range in few of the towns.
Remeber India still lives in its Villages.I dont want to go extreme but plausibly even people from small town love Digit Magazines and the DVD's that they supplied.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Remeber India still lives in its Villages.I dont want to go extreme but plausibly even people from small town love Digit Magazines and the DVD's that they supplied.

And these same people might not be able to afford this magazine at all after the price hike.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys, those who r telling Net is sufficient, well its good for them, but there ARE people without net connection or with limited net connection.
Not in all cases its money, but availability of providers.

I can tell about my village, it has pretty much rich people, and rate of literacy is good. But, for some weired reason BSNL still does not provide BroadBand there. My friends and some upcoming good students (my juniors, frnds of my brother) quench their thirst from mobile GPRS conn. in PC. For them these kinda mags (Digit, Chip etc.) are all in one.
I know it well because, I was one of them once.

And why all of u r suddenly bashing Digit, most of responders here don't buy it, so in any case u r not going to...Digit has not increased its price to 150/- from 50/- instead its 150/- from 125/-. Iguess whoever can afford 125/- can afford 25/- extra.
Its not that the xtra 25/- is ur daily bread n butter for one whole month.

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
+1 for only the mag + FT @ Rs.50-75.

Now normal issue will cost Rs.150, then I guess they will make the Special Issue for Rs.250-300.

I am not sure, but I think they are making the Fast Track as an E-book from Feb or so. If you see what "Anorion" has said in the preview thread of this month *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1024793#post1024793, it seems that from this month onwards they might give an eBook as Fast Track, but I have got the print edition though.

The special issue price are the same (Rs.200/-) as per the subscription offer mentioned in the magazine.

I was planning to subscribe but I will not even buy the mag now, will either wait for the PDF in the special issues or get the mag from the friend.

Digit has not increased its price to 150/- from 50/- instead its 150/- from 125/-. Iguess whoever can afford 125/- can afford 25/- extra.
Its not that the xtra 25/- is ur daily bread n butter for one whole month.

Earlier, Digit used to give 1 CD + 1 DL DVD with DVD case and a Fast Track along with the magazine for Rs.125/-

Now, They have skipped the jewel case, they have skipped the CD (and they might just skip the Fast Track Print Edition) and started giving 2 DL DVDs for Rs.150/-. According to me, there was no need to give the second DL DVD and hike the price. 9 GB of software was quite okay for most of us.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I am not sure, but I think they are making the Fast Track as an E-book from Feb or so. If you see what "Anorion" has said in the preview thread of this month *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1024793#post1024793, it seems that from this month onwards they might give an eBook as Fast Track
Visit that thread again, Rabooo ha clarified that PRINT version of FastTrack is going to continue. For more details please visit the thread.

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Visit that thread again, Rabooo ha clarified that PRINT version of FastTrack is going to continue. For more details please visit the thread.

I saw it and anyways I had said that they might skip the print edition. The confusion was created by the person who posted the Jan Preview thread, he did not clarify if it was just a print version or an ebook or both. But when I got the print edition the confusion just rose because when Digit stopped giving the DVD case in September, some people had got it and some people had not. But still the price is high high high

Last edited:

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
A Tech yellow pages for 150.. :D:D:D
They are increasing the size of the image in all articles and left lot of spaces as blank. So they are easily increasing the no . of pages.. it is one of the marketing trick.
i dont know whats is going on digit.

my relation with digit is only from 2002 to 2007 and this matured forum..
i think digit may publish usefull informations on mag from this forum..
i think it is an good idea..

Last edited:

saurabh_93

Right off the assembly line
i am going to buy the mag.There is a price hike in everything.They are also giving 2 dl dvds also.So it is justified with the price.And i feel when the market will became fine they going to cut down the rate.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
i am going to buy the mag.There is a price hike in everything.They are also giving 2 dl dvds also.So it is justified with the price.And i feel when the market will became fine they going to cut down the rate.

Harbour hopes, not delusions. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom