Digit to cost Rs.150/- per issue

Is the hike in Digit's price of Rs.150/- justified?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Digit has told us about the positive thing but not the negative part of the story. Digit would be giving two DL DVDs with each issue but the price has been hiked to Rs.150/- for each regular issue. A few months ago they skipped the DVD casing and then from this issue they skipped the CD, the Jan issue just has 122 pages including the cover. I don't know what was the requirement of hiking the price. When they hiked the price from Rs.100/- to Rs.125/- they also mentioned that the price of fuel had gone up, but this time the price of fuel have gone down and will go down again.

Requesting members to post their opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dude, price of a certain commodity does not only depend on fuel price. They redeem half the price from subscribers and regular buyers and rest from advertisers. Now, due to global financial crisis most of the advertisers are cost cutting their advertise budget which in a way affecting our mag price.

Think about it. And its just impossible and insane to think that price won't go up. It would definitely and they r doing it very cautiously, the increment is done after 1yr or more if I remember correctly.

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Dude, price of a certain commodity does not only depend on fuel price. They redeem half the price from subscribers and regular buyers and rest from advertisers. Now, due to global financial crisis most of the advertisers are cost cutting their advertise budget which in a way affecting our mag price.

Think about it. And its just impossible and insane to think that price won't go up. It would definitely and they r doing it very cautiously, the increment is done after 1yr or more if I remember correctly.

Does the global financial crisis affect only Digit? All other magazines are priced the same as last year...no hikes. Was there a reason to change the 1 DVD and 1 CD to 2 DL DVDs and then hike the price? They could have easily followed the old method and kept the price as Rs.125/-?

And I never said that the price of a certain commodity does depend only on fuel price. I just said that that was one of the reasons they said last time.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
My Opinion is that Digit can stick to just a single DL-DVD and cut the cost to Rs.100 to 115. Quite Reasonable I believe.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I don't understand why people with Internet access would want to read a technology magazine anyway. All the information you'd ever need is there on the net and for free.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Instead of offering 2 DL-DVDs and filling them up with HD trailers, game trailers and demos, they could have offered better quality content in a single DL-DVD. Since the past few years, Digit seems to focus more on quantity rather than quality. I remember the time when they first started giving out DVDs. The box would have 'Over XXX MB of games/software/whatever' proudly printed on it. And most of them were redundant apps or game demos.

At a time when companies are adopting cost-cutting measures within the organization itself, the idea of passing the cost on to customers is a rather strange one.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thats the right reply krzzy..

i have stopped buying digit for say about 1-2 year now.... in between i bought only one to know how they have improved... but it was all the same again .. so i stopped...

i still dont get it ... a person who has slow dialup or doesnt have net connection can buy digit... for 100 that too not for 150 Rs... this is very over priced...

and those who have broadband ?? why but these magazines... not only digit.. anyother tech mag... coz u can get much more news and other stuff from sites like digg.com, arstechnica.com,torrentfreak.com,raymond.cc ( for tutorials ) , lifehacker.com, etc etc.... the list is endless...

if u want to keep a bookmark of all those happeneing.. just visit digg frequently an make note of all frequent websites that hit front page...

Coool

I'm Back!:D
I don't understand why people with Internet access would want to read a technology magazine anyway. All the information you'd ever need is there on the net and for free.

^^ +1...
those who have lot of money they buy it to waste money...

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Doesn't matter to me. It was in Feb 08 that I last brought Digit. And have no plan to buy any issue in future. But that price rise is not justified.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The price is justified, they r giving 2 dual layer DVDs anyway. 1 DVD would have been enough though, instead of filling 2 DVDs with useless content, just give 1 dual layer DVD with quality content

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
The price is justified, they r giving 2 dual layer DVDs anyway. 1 DVD would have been enough though, instead of filling 2 DVDs with useless content, just give 1 dual layer DVD with quality content

When one DVD was enough, there was no need for them to give 2 DVDs and hike the price...so the price rise is not justified. Please note that they have also given up the DVD case and the CD. I am also not sure if they would continue with the fast track in print from the next issue onwards.

red_devil

Back!

and for once i completely agree with Krazzy !! :eek:

and 2 DL DVDs is just a waste....they just fill up space with linux distros and HD trailers and game trailers etc.... i've not bought DIGIT for more than a year now.... i guess i never will....and in the mag they have ads rolled up on every page...

btw, 150 for a normal issue...wonder what a 'special issue' would cost :rolleyes:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
The price hike is not justified, but I don't care as I have stopped purchasing the magazine since 4 months.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Moreover, the content of the mag is mostly intended towards noobs, not geeks like us.

raksrules

Youngling
Mee too was a subscriber and my subscription is ending this month. I am not going to renew it. The next time i buy digit will be the special issue when they have all the previous issues as PDF files on the CD/DVD/whatever....

Still Better..my office library subscribes to digit, i will read the mag there :-D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I don't care the content in dvd (except for HD trailers). I won't buy digit if they charge 150 bucks every month. Will just read it in building library :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ok, guys lets take it this way, Digit tells that the price can't be cut down to previous but u can demand more things.
So what will be the things u want to demand to justify the extra 25/-?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom