coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
They complain about dumb AI and then they complain about quick save. Pick only one please.

a sandbox game really needs quicksave. you can't put checkpoints everywhere.

Well, if the AI is pathetic(as most see), why the heck do you need a quick system.

cause AI = pathetic, doesn't mean game will be any easy or it may even mean that enemy will spot you through walls. then? or if they spot you from miles away?

I mean even in "Post-Apocalyptic Human" difficulty, its still a walk in the park.

till now (Level 2), yes its easy. once you figure out how enemy will try to ambush you or the routes they'll take to get to you, all you need to care about is that your gun have plenty of ammo & your mouse is in working state

gameranand

Living to Play
jojothedragon said:
Well, if the AI is pathetic(as most see), why the heck do you need a quick system. I mean even in "Post-Apocalyptic Human" difficulty, its still a walk in the park.

Then if the AI is good, then it must be a challenge, so you need a good saving system.

So pick only ONE. or else you err...
Because its a ****ing sandbox game and I don't want to go places again to find ammo and those upgrades and also the checkpoints are quite far from each other. If it were a linear game then it would have been no problem but its not thats why I require save mechanics. Also sometimes I want to try a specific spot with different strategy to get the outcome accordingly and if there ain't a save system its ****ing irritating to kill those dumbs in way and walk for 1km and then approach through different strategy.

tkin

Back to school!!
Bwahaha, game is too darn easy, actually its gamebreaking easy if you have a silenced pistol and a steady aim, take headshots at human enemies with the silenced pistols, they don't care, I killed all human enemies in the game with just a silenced pistol, the aliens were a bit challenging as their weakspots are in the back and they move too much, also I loved the pinger, but the game lacks an epic boss like Crysis had and an epic weapon to kill it.

Also I finished the game in one try today, due to that blundering nano catalyst bug, unlocked most upgrades, total game time was about 8 hours, Post human warrior mode.

PS: The tactical vision is overpowered, it makes the game easy as if you are using a wallhack, see enemy pointers through walls if you select them, WTF??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Completed the game and it's fairly easy . Using only cloak mode I was able to complete the last level though there was a little fight at the end but all it took was some gun shots and melee attack combo - a easy fight like that is not challenging or can't be called a last ( boss , err where ? ) fight IMO.

Now the only plus point of this game is nano upgrades which made the game even more easier though as I've patched this game I have not faced any kind of bug so far ;-)

cyborg47

Technomancer
Yes ;)

cool isnt it? thats one kinda bug, and there is another bug where all the nano catalyst you've collected will be reset to zero when you begin the next level...the funny thing is that it happens after patching the game lol.

tkin

Back to school!!
Yes ;)

cool isnt it? thats one kinda bug, and there is another bug where all the nano catalyst you've collected will be reset to zero when you begin the next level...the funny thing is that it happens after patching the game lol.
No no, in my case it decreases after restarting the game(1980 to 1180), so I chugged along, also for some reason patch 1.1 and 1.2 lowers my FPS in a few places, so I played with the vanilla version(fckin dual core processor), collected a lot of catalyst and unlocked almost all nano catalyst upgrade, also note the melee bug is reset after changing the weapon a few times.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Yay! This game sux. -_- No not really.

How in Sun's name does collecting alien parts 'crazy'? I'm an alien too, but collectin' aliens parts is kewl...

cyborg47

Technomancer
No no, in my case it decreases after restarting the game(1980 to 1180), so I chugged along, also for some reason patch 1.1 and 1.2 lowers my FPS in a few places, so I played with the vanilla version(fckin dual core processor), collected a lot of catalyst and unlocked almost all nano catalyst upgrade, also note the melee bug is reset after changing the weapon a few times.

hmm..strange bugs!..I didnt face any nano catalyst related bugs the first time I played the game, and now im in my second play-through, started facing the problem.
Man crytek is badly fcked up, sure they're making a lot of money (thanks to all the fake advertising), but majority of the PC user base is angry like hell. check mycrysis forums, you ll understand.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
hmm..strange bugs!..I didnt face any nano catalyst related bugs the first time I played the game, and now im in my second play-through, started facing the problem.
Man crytek is badly fcked up, sure they're making a lot of money (thanks to all the fake advertising), but majority of the PC user base is angry like hell. check mycrysis forums, you ll understand.

They are over-exaggerating. The game is good. I never met these hackers, but when I do, I'll just hop on to SP.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I know..But if this game was developed from any other AAA developer, I dont think people would have whined this much. But its crytek we are talking about, NO previous game of their s was such a buggy release as crysis 2.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Apparently I applied the latest patch. FPS has shot up like hell. Now getting constant 60 with all on extremer....!
:)

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I know..But if this game was developed from any other AAA developer, I dont think people would have whined this much. But its crytek we are talking about, NO previous game of their s was such a buggy release as crysis 2.

Everyone will have trouble and fall. 'Nuff said.

Apparently I applied the latest patch. FPS has shot up like hell. Now getting constant 60 with all on extremer....!
:)

That's vice versa for most of the people. Lucky you.

[MyCrysis] DirectX 11 coming for Crysis 2

We would like to announce that there will be a DX11 patch released for Crysis 2. We are working to get the best out of DX11, so we’ll wait to announce the features until a little closer to release.

Source

This is the real deal guys. DX11 patch will be coming. However, most people have finished the game already and IMO this patch won't do wonders. Bottomline for me is that the patch is pointless.

Top Bottom