gameranand

Living to Play
Well both works on 6 bit and if you are getting one and skipping other then whats the point, then its better to enjoy the vanilla version of the game. :)

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
this game is perfectly playable even without Hi Res texture pack - finished my first playthrough though it won't look like the previous crysis games but it's no slouch either.

Actually i have completed this game last year in April ( ofcourse without any texture pack) , so i m playing it second time to be prepare for crysis 3 . Thats why i want to play the game now with different setting (graphics) . Anyways thanks for the suggestion .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ same here ;-) BTW, how much performance difference is there with and without DX11 pack once Hi Res texture pack is installed.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^ same here ;-) BTW, how much performance difference is there with and without DX11 pack once Hi Res texture pack is installed.

if u don't install DX11 pack then u will get good FPS...and playing alone with HD pack only won't bother about DX11 pack much :-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
well that figures, so it's the DX11 pack which was affecting FPS [ I though it was the HD pack due to it's sheer size ;-) ] - anyway, thanks for the info guys.

gameranand

Living to Play
well that figures, so it's the DX11 pack which was affecting FPS [ I though it was the HD pack due to it's sheer size ;-) ] - anyway, thanks for the info guys.

Well DX 11 actually gives a performance hit in most games, for example if you play FC3 in DX9 then it would give much better performance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well DX 11 actually gives a performance hit in most games, for example if you play FC3 in DX9 then it would give much better performance.

at-least in FC3 I did not notice any changes but will try once again for sure just to be sure.

BTW, guys can you list some best mods/addons for Crysis 2 ( eye candy ) and if possible list some Sp campaigns too ..

Top Bottom