how is that such things doesn't happen to me............. they notice me from far................. however at certain instances have observed ............

and where is Map ?
am stuck at station where civilian evacuation is taking place and we need to fight that huge alien...............:-?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Don't kick nobody. It's these consoles and EA. Crytek chose to produce and make the game then every word they would've come true.

gameranand

Living to Play
azaad_shri75 said:
how is that such things doesn't happen to me............. they notice me from far................. however at certain instances have observed ............
LOL. You are lucky then. I am dying to see that happen and yet it doesn't happen to me I usually take head-shots of the foes before going to that area.
azaad_shti75 said:
and where is Map ?
On the left corner.

cyborg47

Technomancer
am stuck at station where civilian evacuation is taking place and we need to fight that huge alien...............:-?
That huge alien is called 'pinger'. reminded me of 'striders' from half life 2, which obviously were way better compared to pingers.
Try using grenade launchers or missile launchers on its a$$, thats probably is its weakest point :p
or use clay more over the same place. Should be easy on easy difficulty, coz in veteran every time I go close that thing, it releases some kinda shockwave and my cloak goes kaput and.....I die :|

Last edited:
yeah it kills in a instant............ am going for battle with fresh mind set let me check......................lol...

killed the big bugger.......................lol........ more to deal........

tkin

Back to school!!

and where is Map ?
The optimum strategy:
To fight the alien(pinger) you need to use explosives, you can use the swarmer(a machine that launches barrages of missiles at the enemy), you can find it up on the balcony, be careful though as hordes of aliens will keep on spawning as long as the pinger lives, swarmer carries about 60 homing missiles, if you can't kill the pinger even with the swarmer theres some jaws on the same balcony. try using your tactical vision, it points to weapons and strategies, also I think I saw some HMG on the balcony(other side) as well, use them to disperse the aliens if they bother too much.

One more thing: Go to clock, get a good position, go to armor and shoot, immediately switch to clock, you can save lot of energy at that, also note it helps a lot if you have armor enhance and nano recharge module with you.

Crysis 2 may have bad AI but strategies work very good in this game, if you plan ahead and play a level then the end result is very rewarding, like kill an enemy, plant a C4 on him, move away, let others come there and bang, kapow.

The optimum strategy:
To fight the alien(pinger) you need to use explosives, you can use the swarmer(a machine that launches barrages of missiles at the enemy), you can find it up on the balcony, be careful though as hordes of aliens will keep on spawning as long as the pinger lives, swarmer carries about 60 homing missiles, if you can't kill the pinger even with the swarmer theres some jaws on the same balcony. try using your tactical vision, it points to weapons and strategies, also I think I saw some HMG on the balcony(other side) as well, use them to disperse the aliens if they bother too much.

One more thing: Go to clock, get a good position, go to armor and shoot, immediately switch to clock, you can save lot of energy at that, also note it helps a lot if you have armor enhance and nano recharge module with you.

Crysis 2 may have bad AI but strategies work very good in this game, if you plan ahead and play a level then the end result is very rewarding, like kill an enemy, plant a C4 on him, move away, let others come there and bang, kapow.
yeah, thanks for the tips......... yesterday when I reached that level I used swarmer, however no effect......... however today when its back was facing me shot 2 rockets and then used cloak mode and got HMG and again shot its back and again brought second HMG and followed the same, this put it to its end...............:mrgreen:

tkin

Back to school!!
Crysis 2 has issues with bloom, light bleeds like the sun's been hit with a pick axe, bloody devs, I hate cevat 'VAMPIRE' yerli.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol, I've dug tkin's 2 year old post.

Crysis 2 will suck(graphics, not gameplay), we spent thousands(50k) of rupees to upgrade our system and Crysis 2 will be a sh*tty console port, so what was the use of upgrading the system? I bet even a 9600GT will be able to run Crysis 2 properly since it will be console port, mean no High Res Textures, sunshafts, that cool looking water reflection and glare, highly destructive environment, high vegetation density, trees swaying due to winds, realistic facial expressions of characters, weapon details, explosions and these are just to name a few. It will be just another shooter, looks like Crysis and Crysis WH will remain the most good looking game for years to come(2015 perhaps, when the next generation consoles will come out, MS and Sony said their consoles will have 10yrs lifespan so as game developement depends on consoles now and no one damn cares for PC expect Crysis 2 to be like GoW, with all that dark environment, low details and other effects that consoles can barely keep up with).

Long post short-Crysis 2 will just be another console shooter.
I ph**ing hate Crytek, looks like an 1.5 millon retail sale(add steam sales to that) for Crysis only wasn't enough for them.

Edit-Crytek said this against my theory- *www.crysis-online.com/news/97-e3-2009-crytek-won-t-dumb-down-crysis-2-pc-will-look-better.html
But I don't trust them at all.

so, how true is this? ^^

Found it really funny, some one on HardOcp forum :D
Anyone impressed by Crysis 2 probably also just discovered fire. -atomo
lol, yea. I had read this over there. :mrgreen:

gameranand

Living to Play
ico said:
so, how true is this?
Completely true. And you know I feel sorry for tkin he knew this 2 year earlier yet he bought the game and now he is so damn frustrated by the MP of this game

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
he knew this 2 year earlier yet he bought the game

Epic fail! :p
If I knew this earlier, I could have gone for crysis 1 or warhead (crysis wars!) :(
I m talking about the buggy release btw, totally OK with C2's graphics.

looks pretty ;)
[youtube]z6it1RYCjrg[/youtube]

Modders released the high res texture pack..have fun!
Crysis 2 First High-Resolution Textures Pack Released - DasReviews

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
@tkin: Cool down, brah. We still have Crysis, there are awesome mods in development. And, CE3's editor will get released in May-June and then modders'll tweak it. They'll make it awesome, just like Crysis.

I dun hate Cevat, he gave me Crysis and Nomad. I hate Nate Camarillo.

@cyborg: You made my day, though there's exam tomorrow..... lawlz.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Epic fail! :p
If I knew this earlier, I could have gone for crysis 1 or warhead (crysis wars!) :(
I m talking about the buggy release btw, totally OK with C2's graphics.

looks pretty ;)

Modders released the high res texture pack..have fun!
Crysis 2 First High-Resolution Textures Pack Released - DasReviews

I agree with you. loading times are a bit frustrating.

tkin

Back to school!!
lol, I've dug tkin's 2 year old post.

so, how true is this? ^^

lol, yea. I had read this over there. :mrgreen:
I stand by my theory back then, I think I'll open a fortune telling business, I rock at this. Crysis 2 does not have the jungle because the console needs to stream the data from the discs due to lack of memory, so its a typical console shooter, GFX is ok but the ai sucks, they only pose a challenge due to their spawn positions(LOL, yesterday in a level the one enemy spawned right in front of me from thin air and met a terrible death from a shotgun). Also they did overkill the HDR to hide low res textures(Mass Effect 2 anyone?), try zooming on the street.

MP is ok but the ping is huge(250ms+), by god, the pings, also the cheaters have finally been knocked off and my fried who owns a pirated copy said its kicking the pirates out, now MP will be a bit fun.

Also I rofl'd the other day when in a headshot killcam I saw a bullet hitting me from a shotgun, A SINGLE BULLET, now thats epic.

tkin

Back to school!!
What about it???

Yeah I tried that. Some objects don't appear until you zoom in and they suddenly appear after zooming in. Weired.
Mass effect 2 used an HDR technique which used heavy lens flare, crysis 2 copies that to hide its hideous low res textures, also if you zoom on street you can see the texture is low res, in crysis it was very high res. Metro 2033 also had high res textures, I love textures.

Top Bottom