cyborg47

Technomancer
I only shared it coz the sentence was rhyming :D 'Maximum Game, Minimum AI!'...isnt that funny? :p
The AI is pretty smart for an sandbox game (considering the huge environments and verticality), but sadly lot of people are not able to realize it because of the bugs which have plagued the game. Lazy Crytek! :(

quan chi

mortal kombat
I dont understand why people are complaining about the AI i am playing it in 'veteran' mode and almost on the verge of finishing it.Till now the AI is quite good as far as i am concerned.

If people play it at 'easy' or 'regular' mode and still complain about the AI then i dont have any words to say.

(Please dont get it otherwise it is perfectly normal to play at those difficulties. But complaining is another thing.)

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Its not AI its the bug of this game. I mean many times AI won't respond to you run in circles around them ans they are like came to hang out and don't give a sh1t about. AI is good but not as good as Crysis thats the reasons of a lot of complains. There are also a lot of other bugs like take a silenced pistol and you can kill most without getting detected except some bigger enemies and bosses.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I dont understand why people are complaining about the AI i am playing it in 'veteran' mode and almost on the verge of finishing it.Till now the AI is quite good as far as i am concerned.

If people play it at 'easy' or 'regular' mode and still complain about the AI then i dont have any words to say.

(Please dont get it otherwise it is perfectly normal to play at those difficulties. But complaining is another thing.)

lol..yeah. Half of the complains in this thread about the game's AI are based on videos and articles.:oops:

take a silenced pistol and you can kill most without getting detected

You can do that in both Crysis 1 and 2. The only difference is that cloaking and de-cloaking is a lot easier in C2 as its alloted to a key, whereas in C1 the time gap you get during that decloak-kill-cloak is more as it takes time to do that using the middle mouse button. And believe me, the AI in C2 is perfectly adjusted to that predator style of gameplay(In Veteran and post human warrior difficulties btw), the enemies shoot at you right when you decloak(given that you're out of cover.)
And this is only with the human AI, fighting the aliens requires a different approach (with silenced shotgun...cloak-run-slide-shoot! = awesome!!!! :D )

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol..yeah. Half of the complains in this thread about the game's AI are based on videos and articles.:oops:
well, still it is pretty bad imho. When it comes to AI, I always look at FEAR and I expect newer games to outperform it atleast.

gameranand

Living to Play
cyborg47 said:
The only difference is that cloaking and de-cloaking is a lot easier in C2 as its alloted to a key, whereas in C1 the time gap you get during that decloak-kill-cloak is more as it takes time to do that using the middle mouse button
Yes. Thats right the time gap was more than enough to get us killed but in this game I cloak kill and again cloak and voila I take care of most enemies like this. I actually like stealthy approach and I love the reaction of enemies in this mode.

ico said:
well, still it is pretty bad imho. When it comes to AI, I always look at FEAR and I expect newer games to outperform it atleast.
Agreed. I never see a better AI than FEAR and Far Cry.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Till now the only bug i had encountered was at the end of the level 'Semper Fi Or Die' or where you had to follow a marine who was not proceeding and instead was standing at a point even though there were no enemies.

l the enemies shoot at you right when you decloak(given that you're out of cover.)
And this is only with the human AI, fighting the aliens requires a different approach (with silenced shotgun...cloak-run-slide-shoot! = awesome!!!! :D )

Correct! even they keep on shooting at your current position if you cloak in their sight.

Btw man i dont know about the silenced pistol/shotgun thing! seems interesting have to try.:D :wink:

Last edited:

adirawat20

Broken In
is anyone else getting a problem of no multiplayer.
There not even a single server online
BTW SP of this game is cool. and 5000 nano catlyst for one kill is also awesome:p.

sparx

TechFanatic
Crysis 2 misses the tactical destruction with DX11 like in BFBC2, this should have been in it.