• Pafex(FedEx)

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • EMS Speedpost

Votes: 21 14.4%

• Total voters

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
An update - and a confirmation - of what I said earlier about DTDC:
I've just bought something from another TDF member. He went to the DTDC office to get an estimate of the shipping charge for the package which weighs 2-2.5kg. He called to say that DTDC is asking for Rs.605/-. I told him I don't want to pay that much and asked him to try Speed Post. SP quoted 167/-.

I've often had packages sent to me by DTDC in situations where I cannot choose the courier. On average, Speed Post is 2-3 times faster than DTDC - 4-6 days depending on the distance against 10-15 days for DTDC. (I live in a remote area so that all couriers, including the premium ones, take longer here than between major cities). And Speed Post delivers to my home while DTDC always refuses to do so.

Rs.605/- for a 2.5kg packet over a fairly short distance? That amount might be reasonable for a premium service like Blue Dart air, DHL, Fedex, etc., but not for the likes of DTDC. Judging from previous experiences, I had expected something like 150/-.

This recent incident makes me wonder if, besides providing shoddy service, DTDC sometimes cheats inexperienced customers.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
TNT isn't updating my product status in their website, i think this Courier service is going to be the most painful and worst delivery for my package. I hope to hear from them within next tuesday, else i am gonna call their office for delivery.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
How much time TNT takes to ship from one location and another ? Its 6 days and i haven't got any updates from them on my consignment number ;(

satyamy

Alive Again...
How much time TNT takes to ship from one location and another ? Its 6 days and i haven't got any updates from them on my consignment number ;(

TNT is India's Cheapest and Slowest Courier Service
It can even take 15-20 days if sender and receiver are in differnet States

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
It took 1 day to travel from Mumbai to Kolkata ..!!!

and it will take 14 days to travel only 500Kms ? pathetic service.. unbearable.. Rahul.. what have u done :(

satyamy

Alive Again...

and it will take 14 days to travel only 500Kms ? pathetic service.. unbearable.. Rahul.. what have u done :(

nope its not like what you are thinking
they dont come walking
they also send parcel using Train or Bus Transport
but they wait for more parcels and send all in lot by this way they get it at cheaper rates
now its upto your luck when they get their desired qty of parcels and they start the sending process

you can even get it in 5-6days

call TNT customer care and ask them

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

Well, it comes to kol by flight, and after that they usually send it via train/trucks, sometimes they hand it over to smaller third part couriers.

Take for eg: Mukherjee and I ordered noctua coolers at same time, I received mine next day, mukherjee got his 3-4 days later as they handed it over to another courier that operate at mukherjee' locality.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Sometimes, in the rainy season, all major modes of transportation - air, trains, buses & cargo trucks - get inevitably delayed. Flights get cancelled and cargo piles up at airports, roads and tracks get flooded. I've had these things happen to my own purchases from time to time.

They also happen in more advanced countries. The delays are probably less serious there, but they do happen. It's the overall performance of a courier that we should judge.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
TNT wasn't available near my city, so i had to ride 40 kms away from my home to fetch my Parcel.. i got it my GPU :D.. but havent opened it yet :p

atin

Broken In
Anyone tried ParcelMonkey?

Cheap parcel delivery courier service | Low price UK wide, Europe & International Shipping | Parcel Monkey

Please tell me if its reliable.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Had a very great exp. with DTDC.. Received PSU from Bangalore to Sivakasi(TN) in just a day.. The package traveled ~1000 km in less than 24hrs...

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ Even me was also suprised, when they just informed me that you will get it on the next working day.

sunny4691

Fell Off the Asembly Line
Hey guys can anyone tell me an estimated cost of the shipping charges of a psu shipped via Indiapost for about 2000+kms, i checked in their website and there are two options- 1.Speedpost 2.Express parcel, express parcel quotes about half the price of speedpost, so i want to know which is applicable for shipping a psu.

Please, don;t use Speed post. Go for DTDC or BlueDart. They will charge about 200 bucks. But atleast your package will reach its destination safely.

sunny4691

Fell Off the Asembly Line
Please, don;t use Speed post. Go for DTDC or BlueDart. They will charge about 200 bucks. But atleast your package will reach its destination safely.
A week back I got a 8600gt for my friend via speedpost and it reached safely, they charged Rs70 to ship from delhi to assam. And are you sure bluedart or dtdc will take 200 for psu shipping to assam, I have never used them.

Well, if speedpost is doing fine, then hold on to it. But some people's experience with it were not that good. :) And those private couriers charge on the weight of the package.

Top Bottom