BSNL to offer broadband connectivity at 2 mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys, they haven't yet confirmed the night free usage. When will they put this news on their site? Are there no website maintainers at all in BSNL offices?

a_medico

Chillum Baba
i am more than happy with my current Unlimited 900 plus plan. I dont want to miss the magic of the word 'unlimited' in bargain of 2MB connection.

I wouldnt mind a free upgrade though without any other changes in the plan! ;)

thecyclone2k

In the zone
Now this is something UPA people did good! But, I think my connection would be disconnected by the end of the year! How unfortunate!

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Is it really true? I still cannot believe it. So what speed unlimited plan or plan with night unlimited can I expect with Rs.500 a month?

Just hope they alongwith their stupid billing system, do not produce huge bills at the end of the month. I am still fighting for my bills in the excess of Rs.50000 for 5 months in total.

This is just awesome news. I hope Airtel follows suit. If I take a new connection, I do not wish to continue with BSNL. It seems I have had the worst experience with Dataone among all the forum members of Digit forum.:(

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
~Phenom~ said:
^^whats plus means in ur plan????

==>> For Home Plan UL 900 Plus: Telephone Rental per month- Nil, Free Calls- Nil,
MCU charges per Pulse @ Rs. 1/- shall be applicable. The calls shall be charged
as per pulse rate of BSNl Bfone General Plan. Security Deposit and Installation
charges as applicable for Local/STD/ISD shall be taken from new customers.

==>>For Home Plan UL 900: Telephone Rental per month, Free Calls & MCU charges
per pulse shall be as per existing plan of the customer.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
hard_rock said:
I think they will increase download limit to 2GB...Coz for 250plan they doubled limit.Similarly for 500Plan 2GB. Double of existing 1Gb.

Dude they have said the download limits will increase 2.5 time wrt to each plan , so 1GB ppl are most likely going to get 2.5GB atleast .

btw i read in some other article , some bsnl guy was saying that the download speeds will vary fron 1mbps to 2mbps. So i dont think 2mbps to everyone will e possible.

If you read the post carefully , it is specific about the 250 plan , the download limit will be increased to 1GB instead of 400MB , and there will be no night free downloads in this plan.

Do not expect from BSNL to update the official site anytime soon , coz they never do it , neither they report their own news properly on their own site. But for sure we will be getting what is promised.

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
s18000rpm said:
==>> For Home Plan UL 900 Plus: Telephone Rental per month- Nil, Free Calls- Nil,
MCU charges per Pulse @ Rs. 1/- shall be applicable. The calls shall be charged
as per pulse rate of BSNl Bfone General Plan. Security Deposit and Installation
charges as applicable for Local/STD/ISD shall be taken from new customers.

==>>For Home Plan UL 900: Telephone Rental per month, Free Calls & MCU charges
per pulse shall be as per existing plan of the customer.
Thanx for telling.
But what does MCU means ???
I recently applied for 900 UL Plus plan. I was applying for 900 UL plan but the lady there told that i should take 900 UL Plus plan as it will help get rid of monthly rental from telephone bill. I was not told that my free calls will be gone , Neither i was told about " MCU charges per Pulse @ Rs. 1/- shall be applicable. The calls shall be charged
as per pulse rate of BSNl Bfone General Plan." i still couldnt figure out what this is ??? i was not having STD facility till now , so will it mean that I will be able to dial anwhere in the country at Re.1 per minute ??? Some one enlighten me please....

I m currently having 500 Home Plan.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I have a question. Will only the upgrade be free or whether you can take a new unlimited connection after the first of January, 2007 for the same fixed rental (Rs. 900) but with the increased bandwidth?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
aryayush said:
I have a question. Will only the upgrade be free or whether you can take a new unlimited connection after the first of January, 2007 for the same fixed rental (Rs. 900) but with the increased bandwidth?
NO!

hard_rock

Salieri Family
In a new year bonanza to its customers, the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has decided to remove the STD barring facility from all landline phones, gradually replace old instruments with caller line identification (CLI) facility and increase the broadband speed and the free download limit.

The broadband speed will be increased from 256 kbps (kilobits per second) to up to 2 mbps (megabits per second) from January 1.

The free download limit will be enhanced from 0.4 gigabyte to 1gigabyte. Rates for further downloads have been decreased from Rs.1.40 per megabyte to 90 paise.

BSNL Chairman and Managing Director A.K. Sinha, announcing the "bonanza" on Thursday, said the download limit for business customers would be increased to 4 gb, which would mean benefits up to Rs. 2,400 a month.

Year of broadband

Declaring 2007 as year of broadband, Mr. Sinha said the BSNL would extend the service from 600 towns to 1,000, besides giving 50 lakh additional connections. Out of this, 18.4 lakh connections would be provided in the rural areas and 31.6 lakh in the urban areas. The company had 8.2 lakhs customers, accounting for half of the total broadband base in the country.

Mr. Sinha said the roll out would continue the next year too and by 2008, all gram panchayats would have broadband coverage and all secondary and higher secondary schools would be similarly equipped by 2007 end.

There was a plan to start on-line gaming service and BSNL would offer two packages for Rs.100 and Rs.200 a month.

It had decided to make fixed line phones more attractive. BSNL had reduced the monthly charges for the One India plan to Rs.180 a month along with 50 free calls.

Now, STD facility would be offered to 1.2 crore customers without any extra security deposit. The customers would have to inform the BSNL if they wanted to continue with the barred STD facility.

Over the next 18 months, landline phones would be equipped with the CLI facility. Since the move involved replacing a huge number of phones, the initiative would be conducted in phases. In the mobile segment, location-based service would be launched from January next.

The company had forged a tie-up with Power Grid Corporation to ensure a more reliable transmission media in Jammu and Kashmir and the northeast. The hilly terrain in both these regions and frequent landslips took a heavy toll on connectivity. The BSNL would utilise Power Grid's optical fibre lines to provide alternative routes whenever its network was disrupted due to landslips.
^^^^ News from The hindu
*www.hindu.com/2006/12/22/stories/2006122204501500.htm

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
QwertyManiac said:
Be clear Gary, NO to what? Do I need to pay a fee or you mean no UL exists? Am paranoid.
well this is not the officail anouncement, i don't think the will be able to give 2MBPS @900pm. but i think the upgrade will ve free for home 250 users as they have have data cap so they can't use the network that much. but the UL users will jam the network and then blame BSNL for not providing good speeds. what is more scare in india than brandwith???

and BSnl & MTNL are fast reaching there full network capcity. in comming months people will have to wait for 1-2months for BB conection.:(
the most pending application are from bangalore.

bsnl & mtnl have started adding more ports so that there connection capacity would increase for which tenders have already been invited from erricson,nokia. but its saarkari kam so it will take time.:D

but thats my view lets what bsnl does??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom