BSNL to offer broadband connectivity at 2 mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
mail2and said:
But, as usual, Mumbai ppl will not get an unlimited plan. :(

I don't know much about MTNL but i think they have a UL plan for 950/- which was earlier 1399/- . I just read it somewhere , don't know much abt it.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
MTNL Mumbai don't even know if such a plan exists. I had emailed them asking if it will be available anytime soon. But, they replied that they will get back if such a plan is started. I again emailed them yesterday asking if 1 mbps unlimited plans are going to be introduced. They gave me their phone no. and asked to call there. Not much hopes of getting any answer there.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I read on some forum guys saying that it has been alteady been launched in pune.

See the comment by 'desi-tek.com' on this page
*in.rediff.com/money/2006/dec/21bsnl.htm
it has already been launched in pune and thane now download speed is around 170KBPS kilo byte per second

Posted by desi-tek.com

I think this guy is also member of digit forum.

planetcall

Indian by heart
I am waiting for the announcements from the other ISPs as well. The future of internet in india suddenly started looking very bright. :)

cyberzook

Journeyman
I am facing the most awkward situation
I am on Rs 500 home plan.
I applied for 900UL plus on 12th Dec. There is no news abt speed upgradation of UL plans. Can anybody tell whether this plan change would be counter productive?
Considering that 500 home plan is surely going to be upgraded to 2 GB night unlimited 1 mbps plan.

Are the pre-exisitng modems (that all the customers have) capable of working at 1 or 2 mbps ?

rajaryan_13

Broken In
ya cyberzook this might be the case, always try review the situation with all BSNL plans...look in for a couple of mnths then make ur decision

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Ok , this is from another forum ,

Some guy claims that some local newspaper had the new plan ifo as follows

kreacher@vinuthomas.com said:
The new plans (according to a local paper) from 1st January 2007 are -
Home 250 - 1GB limit, 90 paisa per MB over the limit.
Home 500 - 2.5GB limit, 80 paisa per MB over the limit.
Home 1000 - 5GB limit, 80 paisa per MB over the limit.
Home 1800 - 10GB limit, 70 paisa per MB over the limit.
Home 3300 - 20GB limit, 70 paisa per MB over the limit.

Night Unlimited on all Home plans except Home 250 is from 8 PM to 8 AM now.
There is no mention of the Home 900 UL plan.

Business 700 - 4GB limit, 80 paisa per MB over the limit.
Business 1200 - 8GB limit, 80 paisa per MB over the limit.
Business 3000 - 20GB limit, 50 paisa per MB over the limit.
Business 5000 - 35GB limit, 50 paisa per MB over the limit.
Business 9000 - 75GB limit, 50 paisa per MB over the limit.

soham

In the zone
The DATA caps are still lower. Someone please explain this ---- If you pay 900 bucks and get 2 mbps unlimited, why would anyone pay 1000 and be limited to 5 GB of adta.

sai_cool

Journeyman
Actually in my opinion, the service of bsnl is good.

I live in chennai and i am on 900 UL. i get download speeds at abt 300kbps(36-37 KB/S). But the upload speeds are pathetic(6-10 KB/S).

I think bsnl has the capacity to upgrade all its users to 2 mbps, provided they update their software and equipment.

VD17

Journeyman
i'm gonna sue these @$$es if they scrap the 900UL plan...
i dont know on what grounds i'll sue them... but i'll sue them.. if need be, i'll sew them too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom