BSNL to offer broadband connectivity at 2 mbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
aryayush said:
Ah, manna from heaven!
:D

Somehow, I doubt the person who says this's sanity... cant be true. Oh well, it COULD be true but then its gonna be 1mbit lines with a 50 MB limit. Neat aint it? :confused:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
If they upgrade my 256Kbps unlimited connection to 2Mbps without a hike in the tariff, I'll suck them dry. :D

hard_rock

Salieri Family
webgenius said:
@hard_rock, it's supposes to start off with 1mbps and then will be upgraded to 2mbps.

Oops...Ya you are right.. In happiness I didnt read the news completely...They will INITIALLY give 1mbps and later upgrade to 2mbps.. Anyways its cool... We get 4times faster rate than before...This year has given me so much happiness...After 2.5 years of dialup life I got Broadband connection which came this year(In our town) and within 6 months another upgrade..I'm very happy :) Atleast for this I praise BSNL...Hope they live upto the mark..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Ok.. guess i hope Upgreading the Home 500 speeds to 1MBPS means BSNL also makes that 1Gb limit go away.. man imagine with a spyware or silent downloader uploader on a system... :( with a day or 2 with 1MBPS and that effected system and we are looking party to sell the PC to pay the bill...

lol...

jack// ani

In the zone
its a great news....but it would turn useless until they increase ul/dl limit 400mb/1gb....for unlimited plan user, its like dream come true.....i'm eagerly waiting......:lol:

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
really really gr8 new news for all of us .... hope its started as soon as possible ... really awsome news *www.forum.neue-buerger-roms.de/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/blob1.gif *img26.exs.cx/img26/2245/thumbsup8de.gif

outlaw

De@d
interestingly the minister is silent about the data caps , so i guess its not actually gonna be such a good offer cuz they will retain the limits and then the 2 mbps lines are gonna lie idle.......................

my dream tariff

1000 rs = 2 mbps unlimited
500 rs = 1 mbps unlimited
250 rs = 512 kbps unlimited
100 rs = 256 kbps unlimited

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
saurav_cheeta said:
Ok.. guess i hope Upgreading the Home 500 speeds to 1MBPS means BSNL also makes that 1Gb limit go away.. man imagine with a spyware or silent downloader uploader on a system... :( with a day or 2 with 1MBPS and that effected system and we are looking party to sell the PC to pay the bill...

lol...
You should always check up your usage on DataOne's administration portal periodically to avoid that - or better still, you should use an operating system that does not entertain such malware.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
aryayush said:
You should always check up your usage on DataOne's administration portal periodically to avoid that - or better still, you should use an operating system that does not entertain such malware.

well u know.. i know this, may be all the user of this forum also know this... but fact is 60% of the computer users are unaware of this fact or even, never heard of any thing called malware... :(

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
One more informative link with the news,

*www.dailyindia.com/show/93096.php/BSNL-to-provide-broadband-connectivity-at-2-mbps.

mayneu

Journeyman
stop dreaming guys....let it happen first. know what, when bsnl people offered broadband, every body thought its going to be unlimited. only after learning that nobody is going to subscribe if they r not ready to provide unlimited connection.

initially bsnl people want to tame the customers, then they will remove their limitations...thats the govt owned company's plan.... do u guys agree with me?
i am not finding any news making unlimited with high speed from january in their website. atleast they could have informed us they have plans of introducing it in next month. its the minister of the department who has said it, not just any person. so they could have mentioned it in their website....
shame on bsnl.... always lagging behind in marketing..... they should improve in their customer care......
know one strange thing, even bsnl employees are not aware of the plans that are there or going to come in the next month..... so many old, dull people sitting in bsnl office... must be replaced by young and energetic people, atleast who know something about the current technology....

outlaw

De@d
^^^^ i agree with u

when the home 900 ul plan was introduced customer care guys at my exchange dint have a clue about that plan

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
outlaw said:
my dream tariff

1000 rs = 2 mbps unlimited
500 rs = 1 mbps unlimited
250 rs = 512 kbps unlimited
100 rs = 256 kbps unlimited
This has to be definitely a dream plan if they offer such tariffs. At the same time it is highly unlikely that BSNL will provide such plans. They have to think about revenues as well. What will they gain if they provide 256kbps unlimited for just 100 bucks?
I'm love to have that 500 bucks for 1mbps unlimited plan.

royal

Padawan
YEEESSSSSSSSSSSS....:D

My prayers finally answered..even if I am to pay 1000/- for 1mbps or say 1500/- for 2mbps , that would be a huuuuuuuuuuuge improvement over my existing 256 kbps UL plus plan :cool:

ready or not , Rapidshare here I come :D

My only concern is that BSNL "babus" will not stick to their word. :sad:

hard_rock

Salieri Family
royal said:
YEEESSSSSSSSSSSS....:D
ready or not , Rapidshare here I come :D

Thats the SPIRIT OF A DOWNLOADER...Same here...Lets SUCK THE BSNL's BANDWIDTH...(and Rapidshare's too ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom