Bloggers' Corner

slugger

Banned
Google Sites with your own domain name

Google Sites with your own domain name
Just found out that you can use your own, custom domain names with Google sites. So I went ahead and created one for myself – mysite.shubhspace.co.cc. This feature is currently available for users of Google Apps. You need to get yourself a Google Apps account and create a Google sites through it.

Read the full post....

@arya*
u epitomise snooty boorish behaviour
the stench that your presence creates can't be masked by a million litres of the choicest perfumes :(

goobimama

 Macboy
Rule #1 of any blog should be to allow any comments as long as they are not from spammers. Of course, abusive unrelated comments should not be approved (although I think those should just be moderated and then approved) but from what it looks like aayush was merely disagreeing with your view.

After all, it is those types of comments that spark discussions leading to a blog becoming popular. Comments like "Nice writeup" or "you rock" are pretty much useless even though they make you feel good from within.

Take a look at the big guys like Engadget. Filled with negative abuses hurled directly Engadget but they aren't deleting any of those.

@aayush: Getting $1.50 per day from a personal blog is certainly good. Its just extra cash after all.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ goobi, I partially agree with u. I do agree that negative replies are good, but its not very kind to call someone as a begger who is using adsense on their blog. So those kinds of comments are nothing but spam to me.

goobimama

 Macboy
Still, a comment is a comment and has to be approved. Isn't that what journalism is all about? And why is it then that you have freely posted the comment here? You are writing on the public domain and should be willing to accept whatever criticism that comes out of it.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@Gigacore, a comment on your blog should be dealt with on the blog. You should approve that comment and let the discussion continue there itself. I disagree with the fact that a comment on your blog is made a post here. If you are trying to prove something in a debate it is fine but this was uncalled for.

If a certain word is something you find derogatory edit it to something else and approve the rest of the comment, you can send an email to the person saying that you didn't take in kind to the words that were used.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Giga, Its your blog.do whatever you want.
if arya left a comment which you didn't liked, then you could delete or leave a similar comment on his site as anonymous:p. or you could have expressed your concern to him over e-mail.

Its not right to discuss it here.

Sorry if I was rude

allthesethingsihavedone

Right off the assembly line
A little offtopic:

@ arya...

Just mind ur language. Not everyone has enough money to waste on those jazzy little rotten apple toys.

And, if u r not interested, don't even read such posts. Your comment is marked as "spam" :p

BTW, happy friendship day.
mind the gap *farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/2122604477_1f3f245df7_o.png

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
This time for a change Not so Techy Post
Exams Over,What to Do in Free Time
*bp3.blogger.com/_wMAC6frBFdw/SJYruw0IKqI/AAAAAAAAAO4/GEdFM0vPEFU/s320/bored-ink.jpg
My College Exams have ended few days back. There is still time to before new session of college Begins. this means sittings at home whole day and doing nothing. some people call it rest and means of relaxation. for me its simply waste of time. so thought to pen down some ideas which one could do and enjoy his/her holidays. after all we rarely get such long holidays.so I want to utilize it to fullest extent.

Read Full Post On GaurishSharma.com

goobimama

 Macboy
Re: firefox future web browser concept

Please don't post such stuff in the tech news section. If you do, give an excerpt and mention the proper source of the content. Moving this thread to the Blogger's Corner thread.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
AirTel ‘Hello Tunes’ fiasco

My mobile operator (AirTel) has given me quite a few reasons to frown during the time I’ve been using their services. I’ve grown accustomed to their promotional messages, fluctuating call charges and poor signal reception in my locality. I don’t find it irritating any more to receive their pre-recorded advertisements.....

Read entire post...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Why I like DRM & Internet based distribution

Everything is available on Torrents & considered piracy but I would actually like to pay for it if I get a proper distribution system via torrents. If the companies charge me Rs 200 monthly for a subscription based service like we have with DTH in 720p HD resolution which should be about 500 MB then I would gladly pay for it because then I can download the Video file even when I am in the office & then watch it on weekend, in my phone or anywhere else as I “own” the file. I don’t mind them putting DRM on it as Piracy is wrong & it is something you realize when you are yourself making such broadcast content but implement the DRM in a better way. Microsoft has playforsure DRM which is available on a wide range of Devices due to which if you buy a song from a Playforsure service provider then you can be rest assured that it will play on any compatible device. I would urge other device manufacturer to provide support for playforsure or some other unified DRM system.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
not me *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/95.png
But may someday *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/68.png

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
do u all earn from blogging ??
As i like to say,
Money from blogging is not a aim, but a side product.
Means you don't do any seprate effort to earn money(apart from blogging) and it comes automactically.

However there are some people who blog ONLY for money.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Earning thorugh your own blog is quite a challenging task. I am sure that most people who blog, earn money by writing other blogs and have their blogs just for their own personal stuff.

So if money is your thing, then it makes sense that you write other blogs/publications, you get paid a rupee a word ('a' & 'the' included).

slugger

Banned
PageTiki: Create RSS feed updates for any websites

PageTiki: Create RSS feed updates for any websites

Some of my favorite websites for some inexplicable reasons, do not provide feeds – bad bad boys!! Surfing the net the other day [= just now], I came across Page Tiki. It lets you create a RSS feed, just like that, from any websites you want.

Read the full post....

Top Bottom