Best Audiophile Headphone Below 7k

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Thanks for that :)

That helped me free myself from an irresistable desire to buy them when I'm already in huge debt :)

Postponed to March now.

BTW I have a Sony wireless stereo headset (yes that's it, it has no model number) 'coz of which I finally understand what muddy bass is.

Are there any headphones that are bassy, but don't sound muddy or bloated?
For around 5k. I am a basshead and am readily disappointed if the phones sound neutral or bass light no matter how good they are. It's got more to do with the kind of music I listen too.
The only one you can get for 5k(well 3.7k) is M35. with a well balanced bass.

Or you can spend a bit more and go for M50.

Sarath

iDota
Is that all? I am not so sure if they are really bassy. I am waiting for your inputs on the same. When are you getting yours delivered?

:) My options were like I said, M50, Klipsch Image One, M35(?), Beats Solo HD - if I could afford them. Also looked at the XB500 for some time but the bass is too bloated in them. I am really confused. But we will leave it for another day.

I have also the Denon 1000 in the list. Will start afrest when I build up the cash.

You are lucky, you can ask your parents. If I do that I will most likely be grounded :D

There's a guy selling Beats Solo HD for 10k :|

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Is that all? I am not so sure if they are really bassy. I am waiting for your inputs on the same. When are you getting yours delivered?

:) My options were like I said, M50, Klipsch Image One, M35(?), Beats Solo HD - if I could afford them. Also looked at the XB500 for some time but the bass is too bloated in them. I am really confused. But we will leave it for another day.

I have also the Denon 1000 in the list. Will start afrest when I build up the cash.

You are lucky, you can ask your parents. If I do that I will most likely be grounded :D

There's a guy selling Beats Solo HD for 10k :|
Not entirely, I got 5k from my parents for my B'day, had some cash on my hands, so bought these.

For 5k you can't get $hit here, atleast get 9k(M50 and D1100 both sell for 9k).

But you can do one thing, get the M35 and an amp with it, like I did.

My Headphones have reached kolkata, probably gonna get them tomorrow.

ricky641b

Journeyman
The answer is in front of your eyes, M35 all the way.

When u will get the m35 ....Review It For us After Some Burn in..that Wuld Really Help Us guys To Buy That or Not!!!!.....is ATH T500 with Amp better than that Or Just Same!!!!!

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
When u will get the m35 ....Review It For us After Some Burn in..that Wuld Really Help Us guys To Buy That or Not!!!!.....is ATH T500 with Amp better than that Or Just Same!!!!!
Anything under 5k will sound better with an AMP believe.

And yes, I'll do a review after burn in, but I am no audio techie, most you will get out of me is a non specific SQ review.

I'll test them with some trance(cynic project), evanesence, daft punk(my fav), some 720p movies, and finally Alan wake and Darkness II.

ricky641b

Journeyman
Anything under 5k will sound better with an AMP believe.

And yes, I'll do a review after burn in, but I am no audio techie, most you will get out of me is a non specific SQ review.

I'll test them with some trance(cynic project), evanesence, daft punk(my fav), some 720p movies, and finally Alan wake and Darkness II.
i m Also Not An Audio Phile . I just Want Review Some Non-Audio Phile.....Coz All these techy Words Im Not Able To understand at least most of them......

The Best Headphones For Students: Broke-Ass Edition

See This Link Is Their Headphones Mentioned are of Any GOOD!!!!!!!

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@ red dragon - inbox spic-n-span now !

could someone tell me where could i get the D2000 here ? unable to find anywhere. but have PMed pristine note. will wait for his reply.

interestingly, i read a few threads y'day on M50 vs D2000, and M50 came out as a well-balanced can, while the D2000, which shows is a good phone which ever-so-increasingly gets better-and-better with time, and is a power hungry headphone.

so for me now, its either D1100 + M50, or the D2000. am leaning more towards the former combo.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
that's because am wary on the following points :

1. open-back design
2. more expenses involved later which included tube amp, etc
3. its better suited for instrumentals and acoustic stuff than metal or rock
4. was thinking of using the D1100 for outings mostly, and M50 with the PC. AKG's price alone would be a bit higher than the two together.

but still, i would contact AKG & Denon India today and will let you all know.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
that's because am wary on the following points :

1. open-back design
2. more expenses involved later which included tube amp, etc
3. its better suited for instrumentals and acoustic stuff than metal or rock
4. was thinking of using the D1100 for outings mostly, and M50 with the PC. AKG's price alone would be a bit higher than the two together.

but still, i would contact AKG & Denon India today and will let you all know.
If you want portability(walking, jogging) then the denon won't cut it, its too big, get the Koss portaPro.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
gadbad ho gayi, seeti baj gayi.......hifimart just confirmed now that the M50s stand sold ! :(
seems now i only have pristine note's shoulders to rest my head on.

no by outings i meant while travelling in car, train, or to somewhere outstation.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
gadbad ho gayi, seeti baj gayi.......hifimart just confirmed now that the M50s stand sold ! :(
seems now i only have pristine note's shoulders to rest my head on.

no by outings i meant while travelling in car, train, or to somewhere outstation.
Bad luck dude, earlier I said in this thread to snatch them up asap.

And about pristinenote, don't get your hopes up, they said possibly end march(still couldn't confirm it).

Ever thought about HD558 and HD598?

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
oh so even they dont have it ?! aargh.....

i will talk to hifimart about probability of restocking and availability at 'groupbuy' price.

no never considered the senns. seems like will have to again through the mire of reviews :|

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
oh so even they dont have it ?! aargh.....

i will talk to hifimart about probability of restocking and availability at 'groupbuy' price.

no never considered the senns. seems like will have to again through the mire of reviews :|
Heard the 598 was good, so is the 558.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
So much of discussion in two days! My net is gone, a$$ failtel! :x

Anyways, whoever is thinking of buying XB700/500, be ready for some dhoom dhoom muddy bass. Its got some kind of overpowering bass. So, proper bassheads, try out 1100 (Sarath).

@tkin - waiting for your m35 :p

Top Bottom