Best Audiophile Headphone Below 7k

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
You're right, but I never used an amp before, so didn't want to jump to the high end right away, I'm gonna buy a portapro or a Brainwavz M4 next month and use the amp for that cause my Nokia 5800 outputs sound like a drunk biatch, its mainly for that and used as an inline volume control for my cans, the M35 is 65ohms only, anything can drive this, I'll get the E11 after getting my hands on the M50.

a well thought-out course !

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Aramex f'n screwed with my delivery, lets see, shipped on 18th, reached kolkata yesterday, still not delivered, website shows "Out for delivery," delivery my foot, whenever I call them, they say its going to be delivered today, keeps saying that even at 8PM, what? Aramex does overnight delivery? :-x :evil:

Aramex played evil games even in my case! :evil:

Should have asked PN to ship it from BD or DTDC. Many people request them to skimp Aramex?

PN has deal only with Aramex. I had asked PN to ship it with any other courier, then he said, shipping charges would be extra for them. I was even ready for that, but my order had already been shipped.

@tkin - Congrats on getting M35, FINALLY :))

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Aramex played evil games even in my case! :evil:

PN has deal only with Aramex. I had asked PN to ship it with any other courier, then he said, shipping charges would be extra for them. I was even ready for that, but my order had already been shipped.

@tkin - Congrats on getting M35, FINALLY :))
Yeah, now I gotta buy a portapro, went to musicworld today, saw two portapro anniversary editions there in december, sold out, I'm so mad.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
IIRC ICCworld is pretty same as SnS. 3k is good, but do confirm about warranty & RMA handling.
They already say in the form that I'll have to pay for shipping incase I want to claim rma, I'll mail koss today to see if they have ay option for overseas rma.

I might be going to singapore this june, in that case I'll get it from there, should cost less.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
@ tkin - PortaPro would be for portable use to you ?!
Yup.

Now I have to make a choice.

Porta Pro: Awesome bass, good sound signature, and soundstage, balanced "fun" sound, portable, comfy, and its a legend(30yr old headphone), its a sort of collectors item. For cons: Its costing 2x the price, plus no warranty here.

PX100 II: Good sound signature like Portapro, a bit darker sound, but tighter than portas, portable and comfy, and has 2 yrs Indian warranty, price is justifiable as it costs as much as US counterpart here as Senn has official presence in India.

Cost for both is 3k(Koss by ICCWorld shopabroad), Senn is available locally.

Someone suggest please, am inclined towards the senn for warranty.

gulati.ishank

Broken In
Yup.

Now I have to make a choice.

Porta Pro: Awesome bass, good sound signature, and soundstage, balanced "fun" sound, portable, comfy, and its a legend(30yr old headphone), its a sort of collectors item. For cons: Its costing 2x the price, plus no warranty here.

PX100 II: Good sound signature like Portapro, a bit darker sound, but tighter than portas, portable and comfy, and has 2 yrs Indian warranty, price is justifiable as it costs as much as US counterpart here as Senn has official presence in India.

Cost for both is 3k(Koss by ICCWorld shopabroad), Senn is available locally.

Someone suggest please, am inclined towards the senn for warranty.

Ultra Portable Shootout: PX100, PX200, PortaPro, K404, V-Jays, Tracks, Oldskool, and HD238 | Headfonia
Found this link a few days before, hope it helps.
Also consider V-JAYS for a portable headphone.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I got Bose QuietComfort 3. Testing them now and they are quite kickass. Downside - no battery, no music. Has a spare chargeable battery though. Battery lasts for 20 hours they say. This is just my first day. Will post further details when I test them more. Music sounds great. Yet to test movies.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Oh yes, finally Portapro comes home:

*i.imgur.com/46DL9.jpg

*i.imgur.com/UBLmB.jpg

*i.imgur.com/BFGRn.jpg

*i.imgur.com/mzRAe.jpg

*i.imgur.com/h1cHL.jpg

First Impressions: Beyond groovy man, this is unbelievable, this HP is sold at 17 Pounds in UK, thats 1.3k, for 1.3k this is just a steal, bass is awesome, its different from M35, its more lively, more warm, its fun, the soundstage is very good, very balanced sound, isolation is non existent, but its open type, I turned the fan off in my room in this heat just to listen to the sound, hell yeah. And voice is more clearer than M35, this is what open headphones are all about.

This is teh cake!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I will buy more of this if it ever breaks, I will keep using this phone till I die, or the company dies.

PS: I got ripped off for this, had to buy it for 4k, it used to sell for 3.6k in flipkart, its imported by Betta, and its available in select shops, this is the list. I had to buy it for full MRP as it was being sold in an Apple Store(F**k You Apple), comes with atleast one year warranty, I say one year because store says so, but look at the bottom pic by importer.

*i.imgur.com/WVKyq.jpg

Sarath

iDota
D1100 @7900 Cheap Denon On-Ear Headphone-D1100 sales India | Denon On-Ear Headphone-D1100 Themes | Denon On-Ear Headphone-D1100 Accessories review

Website reliable?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
D1100 @7900 Cheap Denon On-Ear Headphone-D1100 sales India | Denon On-Ear Headphone-D1100 Themes | Denon On-Ear Headphone-D1100 Accessories review

Website reliable?
Price isn't that different, add 100/- shipping to that.

Whoa, Koss gives Lifetime Warranty on the portapro, even in India, amazing, now I don't mind paying them 4k for the phones. Even flipkart says Lifetime for Koss.

This is what koss India(betta) mailed me.
All KOSS Stereophones carry an International Lifetime Warranty available in many countries.

Anytime KOSS headphone gets faulty you may complain on the international website koss headphones and they will send you to the nearest service centre.

In INDIA, all KOSS Stereophones are repaired by us at Mumbai and they can be sent here to us directly by the customer or you may alternately route the headphone for repairs through Systematix media, Imagine Store at KOLKATA.

Any queries kindly revert back to us or Mr. Adityaji at Kolkata, most freely.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
the cheapest D1100 i found, or rather what sarath found, is at gadgetsguru.com, but with just half the warranty. if you want full warranty, the cheapest are to be found over at ebay, ofcourse if you've your coupon ready :D

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
the cheapest D1100 i found, or rather what sarath found, is at gadgetsguru.com, but with just half the warranty. if you want full warranty, the cheapest are to be found over at ebay, ofcourse if you've your coupon ready :D
Is it me? Or all ebay coupons are 5% now? :-x

Top Bottom