Best Audiophile Headphone Below 7k

Sarath

iDota
tkin would really appreciate a review like this > *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/139674-brainwavz-m1-value-money-earphones.html

I know a little to technical and hi-fi for people like us, atleast for me :) but something is better than nothing.

Also I was thinking we could do a small review on Siberia V1 which are an amazing set and much in demand. :) I remember asking you for my purchase decision and it really helped.

red dragon

Master troll
Just a few words on AKG 702,they're extremely difficult to drive, and even with semi decent amping bassheads will be disappointed.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
So much of discussion in two days! My net is gone, a$$ failtel! :x

Anyways, whoever is thinking of buying XB700/500, be ready for some dhoom dhoom muddy bass. Its got some kind of overpowering bass. So, proper bassheads, try out 1100 (Sarath).

@tkin - waiting for your m35 :p
Aramex f'n screwed with my delivery, lets see, shipped on 18th, reached kolkata yesterday, still not delivered, website shows "Out for delivery," delivery my foot, whenever I call them, they say its going to be delivered today, keeps saying that even at 8PM, what? Aramex does overnight delivery? :-x :evil:

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
tkin would really appreciate a review like this > *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/139674-brainwavz-m1-value-money-earphones.html

I know a little to technical and hi-fi for people like us, atleast for me :) but something is better than nothing.

Also I was thinking we could do a small review on Siberia V1 which are an amazing set and much in demand. :) I remember asking you for my purchase decision and it really helped.
As soon as Aramex pulls its head out of its @$$ :-x

Do the review on siberia, they are amazing phones.

PS: DTDC got my siberia all the way to silchar today, i.e in less that 24hrs(shipped yesterday at 8PM), to a town having no airport, its going to be delivered tomorrow, while Aramex can't deliver stuff to kolkata in 4 days, a city which has an airport.

Just a few words on AKG 702,they're extremely difficult to drive, and even with semi decent amping bassheads will be disappointed.
He can buy a E11 for that.

Guys plz tell between m35 or ath t500???...which is better they are under same price range......
I'd say M35, based on reviews, but no idea about T500.

Mukherjee has T500, maybe I'll get him to give me a demo and compare the two later.

Sarath

iDota
Should have asked PN to ship it from BD or DTDC. Many people request them to skimp Aramex?

But Aramex directly competes with the Indian Postal Service and wins it too. It delivers 23seconds before than had it been shipped with Indian Post.

Sorry to Indian Post. They are actually better than Aramex. Atleast you are not paying a premium for sub par service

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Should have asked PN to ship it from BD or DTDC. Many people request them to skimp Aramex?

But Aramex directly competes with the Indian Postal Service and wins it too. It delivers 23seconds before than had it been shipped with Indian Post.

Sorry to Indian Post. They are actually better than Aramex. Atleast you are not paying a premium for sub par service
Doesn't bother me, If I don't get it by 25th, I get my money back from ebay, I'll just go ahead and buy the M50 then(already arranged for enough cash, just wanted to buy the Portapro, so bought the M35 instead), if I don't get it by tomorrow I'll just have to call up PristineNote.

Their local head office is close to my house, I am willing to pick it up myself, but they are not forwarding my calls to local office, all calls getting routed to CC @ HO :-x and they keep saying today, today, today, f'n b@st@rds :-x :evil:

ricky641b

Journeyman
As soon as Aramex pulls its head out of its @$$ :-x

Do the review on siberia, they are amazing phones.

PS: DTDC got my siberia all the way to silchar today, i.e in less that 24hrs(shipped yesterday at 8PM), to a town having no airport, its going to be delivered tomorrow, while Aramex can't deliver stuff to kolkata in 4 days, a city which has an airport.

He can buy a E11 for that.

I'd say M35, based on reviews, but no idea about T500.

Mukherjee has T500, maybe I'll get him to give me a demo and compare the two later.
I wuld be Very Thankful to u ..iF u can Do That...Anyway Best of Luck for M35....i wish U Get it Soon!!!!!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I know how my parcel was delayed too and it was meant for someone else. Damn, next order I paid for metro plus shipping to be sure.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I know how my parcel was delayed too and it was meant for someone else. Damn, next order I paid for metro plus shipping to be sure.
Yeah, apparently they took street code as my pincode and are sending it there, right now says wrong address, delivery rescheduled, I'm gonna call them next thing tomorrow and gonna get the package myself if I have to.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@ tkin - another feather on their cap ! aramex believes in consistentcy (ie, consistently lousy, cuss-word affectionate service).

seems its good time to sell mine :D

exactly ! even the D2000s are said to be power-hungry.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
@ tkin - another feather on their cap ! aramex believes in consistentcy (ie, consistently lousy, cuss-word affectionate service).

seems its good time to sell mine :D

exactly ! even the D2000s are said to be power-hungry.
Hopefully I can get retrieve them from the head office tomorrow before it goes out with the idiot courier.

PS: They got my address wrong, also I had not received any calls from them, so either PristineNote f'd up or aramex, my money is on aramex. But if PristineNote got my address wrong guess who gets a 1 star rating in ebay?? :evil:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hopefully I can get retrieve them from the head office tomorrow before it goes out with the idiot courier.

PS: They got my address wrong, also I had not received any calls from them, so either PristineNote f'd up or aramex, my money is on aramex. But if PristineNote got my address wrong guess who gets a 1 star rating in ebay?? :evil:

i am inclined to believe that aramex is the culprit, because even i have experienced their service-style (but fortunately not as bad as what you are going through), and many others have similar complaints. hope it gets resolved by today.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
i am inclined to believe that aramex is the culprit, because even i have experienced their service-style (but fortunately not as bad as what you are going through), and many others have similar complaints. hope it gets resolved by today.
Called them up, said my address was incomplete, gave them my address and phone no. I want that package by today :-x

Look what aramex brought for me(after lots of hassle):

Audio Technica M35(M50 was out of stock :():

*i.imgur.com/GqfNk.jpg

*i.imgur.com/MEZCa.jpg

*i.imgur.com/1ZfIK.jpg

*i.imgur.com/5Guea.jpg

FiiO E6:

*i.imgur.com/RIQnM.jpg

*i.imgur.com/LyzUC.jpg

*i.imgur.com/qHXkL.jpg

Initial impressions:

M35: Awesome, I'm hearing new instruments in my songs, and its not even burnt in yet, clear but punchy bass, responds very well to software equalizer(Xear 3d for my Siberia soundcard), voices in songs are very clear, well balanced sound.

E6: Nice little device, equalizer settings work really well(EQ2 only, EQ1 sucks, bass booms too much), and I love the volume control, gives me inline volume control, which I got used to with my siberias, this nifty little device serve another purpose, I have sensitive hearing, without the amp I have to listen with windows volume set to 5 and WMP volume set to 5 as well, and it does not allow me to tune the volume, with the amp I can control volume to suit my needs, the amp will also allow me to plug my IEMs to PC(which otherwise sound too loud).

I am also hating the M35, the music bug has bit me finally, from now on its audio upgrade all the way :D :-x

Review coming soon.

ricky641b

Journeyman
Called them up, said my address was incomplete, gave them my address and phone no. I want that package by today :-x

Look what aramex brought for me(after lots of hassle):

Audio Technica M35(M50 was out of stock :():
*i.imgur.com/GqfNk.jpg

*i.imgur.com/MEZCa.jpg

*i.imgur.com/1ZfIK.jpg

*i.imgur.com/5Guea.jpg

FiiO E6:

*i.imgur.com/RIQnM.jpg

*i.imgur.com/LyzUC.jpg

*i.imgur.com/qHXkL.jpg

Initial impressions:

M35: Awesome, I'm hearing new instruments in my songs, and its not even burnt in yet, clear but punchy bass, responds very well to software equalizer(Xear 3d for my Siberia soundcard), voices in songs are very clear, well balanced sound.

E6: Nice little device, equalizer settings work really well(EQ2 only, EQ1 sucks, bass booms too much), and I love the volume control, gives me inline volume control, which I got used to with my siberias, this nifty little device serve another purpose, I have sensitive hearing, without the amp I have to listen with windows volume set to 5 and WMP volume set to 5 as well, and it does not allow me to tune the volume, with the amp I can control volume to suit my needs, the amp will also allow me to plug my IEMs to PC(which otherwise sound too loud).

I am also hating the M35, the music bug has bit me finally, from now on its audio upgrade all the way :D :-x

Review coming soon.

Very Nice Pics...And Clears Several Things For me!!!!...I Think bass is Enough Which I want!!!!!!!!!.....and Definitely Gonna Buy Fiio E6.....And I Forgot What Was The Final Cost!!!!...Including Both!!!!!...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Very Nice Pics...And Clears Several Things For me!!!!...I Think bass is Enough Which I want!!!!!!!!!.....and Definitely Gonna Buy Fiio E6.....And I Forgot What Was The Final Cost!!!!...Including Both!!!!!...
Thanks, final cost for me was 3650+1650=5300/-

Get the FiiO E6 asap, it makes the sound more clear, I'm not a audio techie so do not know the exact term for this, but it just sounds so clear now and bassy as well :mrgreen:

You can buy the E6 from ebay or Erodov.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Thanks, final cost for me was 3650+1650=5300/-

Get the FiiO E6 asap, it makes the sound more clear, I'm not a audio techie so do not know the exact term for this, but it just sounds so clear now and bassy as well :mrgreen:

You can buy the E6 from ebay or Erodov.

surprising to know that E6 (its more like, E - 6 :shock: ?!) could bring forth such prominence in soundstage and instrument-separation too (i think you are talking about clearer mids), when all i could feel from my IEM + PMP + E6 combo was just stronger pillow-bashing on your ears (ie, a fuller bass).

enjoy, enjoy....am coming soon to join you :razz:

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
surprising to know that E6 (its more like, E - 6 :shock: ?!) could bring forth such prominence in soundstage and instrument-separation too (i think you are talking about clearer mids), when all i could feel from my IEM + PMP + E6 combo was just stronger pillow-bashing on your ears (ie, a fuller bass).

enjoy, enjoy....am coming soon to join you :razz:
Did you try the EQ2 mode? I feel its the best, EQ1 turns the bass into a river of mud, and EQ3 is plain cr@p, also as I had said M35 responds well to Software Equalizer that came with my siberia soundcard(called Xear 3d). I had read review before, E6 is good for 1.5k, now it can't compete with 5k E11 in anyway though.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Did you try the EQ2 mode? I feel its the best, EQ1 turns the bass into a river of mud, and EQ3 is plain cr@p, also as I had said M35 responds well to Software Equalizer that came with my siberia soundcard(called Xear 3d). I had read review before, E6 is good for 1.5k, now it can't compete with 5k E11 in anyway though.

exactly ! EQ2 is the best mode on E6. but then i feel E6 is meant more for IEMs and for a complacent, rugged kind-of use, which exactly fulfills the reason why i bought it. for cans like your M35, it would be better to feed them more (refined) power, like of the E11, to bring out the tonal nuances as well as some quality bass.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
exactly ! EQ2 is the best mode on E6. but then i feel E6 is meant more for IEMs and for a complacent, rugged kind-of use, which exactly fulfills the reason why i bought it. for cans like your M35, it would be better to feed them more (refined) power, like of the E11, to bring out the tonal nuances as well as some quality bass.
You're right, but I never used an amp before, so didn't want to jump to the high end right away, I'm gonna buy a portapro or a Brainwavz M4 next month and use the amp for that cause my Nokia 5800 outputs sound like a drunk biatch, its mainly for that and used as an inline volume control for my cans, the M35 is 65ohms only, anything can drive this, I'll get the E11 after getting my hands on the M50.

Top Bottom