Best Audiophile Headphone Below 7k

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
How much are they asking for XB500? AFAIK sony headphones have good bass but the rest of the soundstage is not as good similarly priced Audio-techinca/Denon/Sennheiser phones.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@ ricky - i see. you could well buy M50 from hifimart. very reliable portal.

@ tkin - what thoughts pop-up in your mind about this seller/deal ?

Denon AH D 1100 | eBay

as you might've guessed, i still havent placed the order for M50. hehe, in same old 'buyer's dilemma'. heck, am thinking to get both of these and then sell off the one which i find 'slightly' off-taste. what a waste ! :p

ricky641b

Journeyman
How much are they asking for XB500? AFAIK sony headphones have good bass but the rest of the soundstage is not as good similarly priced Audio-techinca/Denon/Sennheiser phones.

around 3.5k !!!!

and about hifimart....is That a trusted Website.....I Mean Do they have Good Reputation...??????

Sarath

iDota
around 3.5k !!!!

and about hifimart....is That a trusted Website.....I Mean Do they have Good Reputation...??????

Can you give us a link for the XB500?

They are really good phones. The only problem is a muddy bass. When bass kicks in it overpowers everything else. - I got this from heaqdfi forums.

ricky641b

Journeyman
Can you give us a link for the XB500?

They are really good phones. The only problem is a muddy bass. When bass kicks in it overpowers everything else. - I got this from heaqdfi forums.

Actually i was Going To buy From Local Dealer of Sony Products...and Not From online...

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
@ ricky - i see. you could well buy M50 from hifimart. very reliable portal.

@ tkin - what thoughts pop-up in your mind about this seller/deal ?

Denon AH D 1100 | eBay

as you might've guessed, i still havent placed the order for M50. hehe, in same old 'buyer's dilemma'. heck, am thinking to get both of these and then sell off the one which i find 'slightly' off-taste. what a waste ! :p
Deal looks fishy, cause its a listing by an individual like us, that guys not a seller or retailer, he says box pack but still I'd stay away from such a seller, it could be a fake as far as I think cause no product images are given. It could be used as well.

If its imported from USA you won't get warranty here, deal says nothing about warranty.

Also no return policy mentioned.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
around 3.5k !!!!

yes. hifimart has got a good repute among A/V enthusiasts.

Deal looks fishy, cause its a listing by an individual like us, that guys not a seller or retailer, he says box pack but still I'd stay away from such a seller, it could be a fake as far as I think cause no product images are given. It could be used as well.

If its imported from USA you won't get warranty here, deal says nothing about warranty.

Also no return policy mentioned.

alright. am at arm's length now from this deal :)

ricky641b

Journeyman
Oh ok, do they the XB700 too?

no they Dont have Xb700.........Im keep jumping From Xb700 to M50 to Denon 1100. and then to Xb700.....Infinite loop is going On....Their is No Loop Counter......Cmon My Guess is That It Will Return To Some Error!!!!!!

i Was Reading In Some Forum Their it Was Mention M50 is more Towards Neutral Sound best For Studios And Denon 1100 is More Fun Loving Bassy headphones.....So im More Inclined towards Denon 1100 !!!!.....Actually i m Gonna Buy in 4-5 Days And That Time Which Ever Headphones Will First Come to My mind i Will buy that...Cause Its Never Ending Dilemna

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
no they Dont have Xb700.........Im keep jumping From Xb700 to M50 to Denon 1100. and then to Xb700.....Infinite loop is going On....Their is No Loop Counter......Cmon My Guess is That It Will Return To Some Error!!!!!!

i Was Reading In Some Forum Their it Was Mention M50 is more Towards Neutral Sound best For Studios And Denon 1100 is More Fun Loving Bassy headphones.....So im More Inclined towards Denon 1100 !!!!.....Actually i m Gonna Buy in 4-5 Days And That Time Which Ever Headphones Will First Come to My mind i Will buy that...Cause Its Never Ending Dilemna

actually M50s being studio monitors have a good advantage to them - they can be Eq'ed pretty well ! whenever you need some head-shattering bass, just use your equaliser and the M50 would fulfill your need without breaking a sweat. now there are times when you are not listening to, or dont want to listen to bassy songs, but some other genres wherein more than just a bit of bass spoils the mood. with D1100, i read there's very little you could do to lessen its boomy bass, even with an equaliser. hence, i feel M50 could well be a 'flexible' kind-of headphone that you could tweak around with.

but ofcourse, all this is not my first-hand experience; only got to know from users :)

ricky641b

Journeyman
actually M50s being studio monitors have a good advantage to them - they can be Eq'ed pretty well ! whenever you need some head-shattering bass, just use your equaliser and the M50 would fulfill your need without breaking a sweat. now there are times when you are not listening to, or dont want to listen to bassy songs, but some other genres wherein more than just a bit of bass spoils the mood. with D1100, i read there's very little you could do to lessen its boomy bass, even with an equaliser. hence, i feel M50 could well be a 'flexible' kind-of headphone that you could tweak around with.

but ofcourse, all this is not my first-hand experience; only got to know from users :)
Yeah that seems to be Valid reason to to buy m50...

Sarath

iDota
@tkin: why did you switch to speakers. Theoretically they are better but practically I could never find them better due to social issues :rolleyes:

Also for music check out Audioengine A2 or still better a Roland model (number I forgot)
~10k

The Z623 makes my room experience an earthquake :D
Not a pure audio or rather music inclined speaker. Good for games and movies.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin: why did you switch to speakers. Theoretically they are better but practically I could never find them better due to social issues :rolleyes:

Also for music check out Audioengine A2 or still better a Roland model (number I forgot)
~10k

The Z623 makes my room experience an earthquake :D
Not a pure audio or rather music inclined speaker. Good for games and movies.
I have my eyes on Corsair SP2500, heard that those are great.

Now to answer your question, I need the speakers for summer, when the temps sore upto 37-38c here, wearing headphone is very uncomfortable, specially closed ones(hence I am buying a portapro soon), I mainly used speakers at that time.

Audio engine A2 is nice but they don't have woofers, I'd need those for gaming, so SP2500 it is, I'll probably dive down at the end of this year(if I get to stay in my hometown after joining my job).

And about social issues, I have my own room, more like my sanctum, and its pretty much soundproof :p

Yeah that seems to be Valid reason to to buy m50...
Just go ahead and buy them already.

Sarath

iDota
That was an old post stuck in tapatalk.

BTW wanted to ask everyone, how are the Klispch Image one?

I'm getting them for 6.4k

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
That was an old post stuck in tapatalk.

BTW wanted to ask everyone, how are the Klispch Image one?

I'm getting them for 6.4k
I'd say not, not much reviews for them.

Get M50 or D1100. Even the Grado SR80i, they'll come soon to pristinenote(march/april).

ricky641b

Journeyman
Bad News Guys...At least For me......i Asked My Parents To Give 7500 For ATH M50...they Said Strictly Said No No!!!!...Now MY Budget Goes Down To 4k....and dat is The Final Not Even Penny More Than That.....i m very sorry To Waste Everybody's and My Own Time Regarding That..Now Can U plz Give me best Suggestion in this budget ????.......

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Bad News Guys...At least For me......i Asked My Parents To Give 7500 For ATH M50...they Said Strictly Said No No!!!!...Now MY Budget Goes Down To 4k....and dat is The Final Not Even Penny More Than That.....i m very sorry To Waste Everybody's and My Own Time Regarding That..Now Can U plz Give me best Suggestion in this budget ????.......
The answer is in front of your eyes, M35 all the way.

Sarath

iDota
@gormaanas,clean your inbox mate.

Bloated and muddy bass.
Similar to S4.

Thanks for that :)

That helped me free myself from an irresistable desire to buy them when I'm already in huge debt :)

Postponed to March now.

BTW I have a Sony wireless stereo headset (yes that's it, it has no model number) 'coz of which I finally understand what muddy bass is.

Are there any headphones that are bassy, but don't sound muddy or bloated?
For around 5k. I am a basshead and am readily disappointed if the phones sound neutral or bass light no matter how good they are. It's got more to do with the kind of music I listen too.

Top Bottom