Best Audiophile Headphone Below 7k

red dragon

Master troll
as I heard beats headphones are like apple, lots of shine, but performance is not so good.

Not like Apple at all.Most Apple products last real long.
I still have a perfectly working 3gs and almost 4 year old MBP(it still runs like a champion on Mountain Lion)
Regarding Beats,Solo HD was very bad but the Studio sounded pretty good to me(but grossly overpriced)
Beats are good looking but not sturdy at all,but most of their headphones are not that bad as they are made out to be.
Hugely hyped phones like Audio Technica M50(people even compare them with the legendary hd25!!)lsounds much worse than Beats Studio.
But the Solo is a very poor sounding phone.

red dragon

Master troll
Not that, but a 10k headphone will beat a 10k beats(if one came in 10k), for example under 10k I'd suggest everyone either Audio Technica M50, Grado SR125i, Senn HD558 or Denon D1100, not beats.

I would suggest VModa M80 or M-Audio
Q-40 or even CAL! over M50.
Vocal sounds horrendous in M50!

ButtJiggler

Right off the assembly line
If denon 1100 is out of budget you can go for d510. Other than that its hard to find good bass heavy closed cans within this budget. There are lots of choices for open cans but they wont offer you much bass.

One more option I can currently think of is Koss DJ PRO100, They have decent mids, not much bass but definitely a choice.

Or for other option consider Sony MDR-XB700... very comfortable, high bass, not so good mids.

red dragon

Master troll
Have not tried that particular Senny but that ZX700 is decent(only the highs are a bit piercing)Pair up with a dark sounding Amp/DAP.

red dragon

Master troll
Yes,the soundstage is not big(almost all closed hps have smallish sound stage)
but it is not congested at all,instrument separation is pretty much ok for the price.

C2s

Hi guys!
after reading the discussion i was thinking of buying M50 (budget 10k) (love high quality bass not excess, mainly listen to electronic, trance, dub)
can anybody suggest where can i get those in india... cant seem to find them anywhere (hifimart)
also can anybody confirm if amazon ships them to india, should i go ahead with my order on amazon? any advice...
thanks

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Its currently out of stock in India, this website sells them: *www.proaudiohome.com/

You can order from amazon, they ship to India, but you may have to pay customs. Plus amazon shipping charges to India are abysmal.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hey guys, I was thinking of picking up a 3-4 K range headphones.

I see that PN has bumped the price of ATH-M35 to 4.8K :|

I have other options here and there..
Denon AH-D310 Headphone - 3 K Flipkart
ATH-M20 - 2.9 K PN
ATH-AD300 - 3.4K PN

I will be heading over to a place where I hopefully will get a demo. Also recommend a Sennheiser headphones .. ill keep a watch on this thread via tapatalk. will buy M35 immediately if within 3.5-4K (other wise whatever you recommend) .. I got about 1hr till I go to that showroom.

EDIT: bought Denon AH-D310 for Rs. 2990. Thanks for helping :evil:

Last edited:

C2s

EDIT: bought Denon AH-D310 for Rs. 2990. Thanks for helping :evil:

most of the reviewers have pointed out cable issues with 310... poor durability
do review the product for us man after the burn.. plus do tell what are your music tastes.. im myself looking for a decent bass can

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Will try to do a review.. but I can't be technical as i'm not aware about lot of terms in the audio field :) ..

Top Bottom