Best Audiophile Headphone Below 7k

Sarath

iDota
@tkin: why did you switch to speakers. Theoretically they are better but practically I could never find them better due to social issues :rolleyes:

Also for music check out Audioengine A2 or still better a Roland model (number I forgot)
~10k

The Z623 makes my room experience an earthquake :D
Not a pure audio or rather music inclined speaker. Good for games and movies.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin: why did you switch to speakers. Theoretically they are better but practically I could never find them better due to social issues :rolleyes:

Also for music check out Audioengine A2 or still better a Roland model (number I forgot)
~10k

The Z623 makes my room experience an earthquake :D
Not a pure audio or rather music inclined speaker. Good for games and movies.
Cause for some blasted reason, this pathetic country does not import good phones for 7-8k, where are thy Grado SR80i? Or M50? No where, anyway I am back on track, its M35 or Portapro and its going down tonight.

So guys, Porta Pro vs M35?? Help please.
Ok guys, I need a fast answer, I'm buying asap, PortaPro vs M35.

My needs are simple, pure music and tight bass, don't care about soundstage much. Sound must be balanced as much as possible, it'll be used with PC.

And the deals I'm getting:

M35 for 4k in flipkart, 3.7k in ebay.

PortaPro is 4k in Bajaao.com: *www.bajaao.co...ereophones.html

Are these guys reliable? Never bought anything from bajaao.

On ebay I'm having a unique Red PortaPro: Koss Porta Pro Red Headphones Earphones | eBay

Looks like fake, never heard of red portas, comment on that please.

Anything else for 4-5k?

And any other deals for Portas?

red dragon

Master troll
Damn it, Hifivision needs form 50, back to square one.

Thanks, really appreciate it, what I am interested are Grado SR80i, HD558 and D1100(apart from M50 and AD700), say, from where do you guys get these?
Bought all of them from abroad(I am forced to trave a lot),except the IE8(bought it locally)

red dragon

Master troll
I know, but damn thing runs out of stock fast, really fast :cry:

OK, I have made up my mind, I'm ordering the M35 Tonight.

What I figure is that since I can't get a good can less of 10k(D1100) and I can't spend that much now(just bought some stuff), I'll settle for a bit less and go straight to the top, next year I'll upgrade to more expensive cans like AKG 702 all together.
Did you check the impedance of M35?
You will have to buy an amp to bring up a minimum decent sound from it.
AKG 702 is one of the most difficult hp to amp properly.
Be ready to shell out around 10k for an amp for it.
D1100 is available for 8.9k.
Another hp no one mentioned here,the amazing Shure SH840.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Still, how will I pay you? The logic comes to same problem, I don't have e banking enabled, enabling it on axis bank will take a week or so, I'm gonna use my dad's credit card :-(

Don't you own any SBI/PNB account? ATM transfer ftw! :)

And yeah, you'll need an amp for M35. If ready, look at Fiio E6 @ 1500/-.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Did you check the impedance of M35?
You will have to buy an amp to bring up a minimum decent sound from it.
AKG 702 is one of the most difficult hp to amp properly.
Be ready to shell out around 10k for an amp for it.
D1100 is available for 8.9k.
Another hp no one mentioned here,the amazing Shure SH840.
So my Steelseries Siberia Soundcard can't drive them? Guess I'll go for the portas.

One thing though, I have very sensitive hearing, I listen at so low levels of sound that my friends couldn't hear them properly, so I think I will be able to manage without the amp, specially since I'll drive them from the PC.

Don't you own any SBI/PNB account? ATM transfer ftw! :)

And yeah, you'll need an amp for M35. If ready, look at Fiio E6 @ 1500/-.
Sorry but my family uses only Axis and HDFC, no go there, I'll buy a good amp later.

Update: The red porta pro on ebay is fake, look at the spelling on the box, "persinal" listening, plus no mention of red portas anywhere in web.
*img.alibaba.com/wsphoto/v0/367621111/10PCS-Headphones-Headsets-for-MP3-Red-KOSS-PP-KOSS-PORTA-PRO-PortaPro.jpg

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
S o my Steelseries Siberia Soundcard can't drive them? Guess I'll go for the portas.

One thing though, I have very sensitive hearing, I listen at so low levels of sound that my friends couldn't hear them properly, so I think I will be able to manage without the amp, specially since I'll drive them from the PC.

lol an amp not only increases the levels, rather it amplifies the sound to higher levels with better SQ. :)

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
lol an amp not only increases the levels, rather it amplifies the sound to higher levels with better SQ. :)
LOL, didn't know that, I knew amps improve SQ but thought increasing level was their only job.

Ordered the M35 from ebay(Pristinenote), used a 5% off coupon and got it for 3.6k shipped, awaiting delivery.

I'll buy the amp as soon as I sell of my Siberia, 1.5k can fetch me a good amp right? Nothing fancy.

Sarath

iDota
Hmm...congrats...all done and sealed finally. :)

Once you get them, do a small review so that it may help others.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Update: Ordered the E6, also from ebay(PristineNote)

could have ordered both from PN and bargained hard :))
seriously
Sorry, but I don't have ebanking enabled on my card, and dad is completely against buying from websites by using money transfer, so ebay is the only option.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
And by how much? :rolleyes:

@tkin- Congos for E6 too :)

lol you ordered them too quickly before letting me reply to your last post. :))
LOL, I'm getting impatient day by day, can't wait to pump up some sweet music through the M35s.

PS: I can use the E6 with my PL30 too right?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
LOL, I'm getting impatient day by day, can't wait to pump up some sweet music through the M35s.

PS: I can use the E6 with my PL30 too right?

Haha, I can understand your feelings :)

Yeah, why not, you can use it every damn headphone, but not with speakers.

Sarath

iDota

Sorry, but I don't have ebanking enabled on my card, and dad is completely against buying from websites by using money transfer, so ebay is the only option.

Oh that's a pity, PN has excellent feedback and chilled out customer service rep or more like a forum member on TE.
You could have save 7% on both :| But nvm a deal's a deal. Congrats :)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Oh that's a pity, PN has excellent feedback and chilled out customer service rep or more like a forum member on TE.
You could have save 7% on both :| But nvm a deal's a deal. Congrats :)

How come 7% ? PN is providing M35 via TE for just 100 bucks less.

@tkin- How much for E6?

Top Bottom