Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piyush

Lanaya
I have been using Coolermaster real power pro 460W without any issue with 9600GT.
It has high efficiency rating. Better than even Corsair 450W.

real power pro series is the only series left which is dependable
but i personally think vx 450 is better than CM 460
(no offence buddy)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Got a review on Corsair new GS600 PSU. Here is the link. As per the review it is recommended for a high end graphics card if you are in a tight budget.
It has very good electrical performance because of the advantage of PSH structure. Also load balancing or cross-load performance is very good, ripple control is also a good side.
Only issue is Heat and noise.

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Looks like a sliced-down-version-put-together-at-the-last-moment psu if you ask me. But then again, its made keeping gamers in mind and there is a significant market share so it make bit sense for people to purchase this but the price is something that has to be justified. They should have used better main capacitors and found a better work around for heat~noise. Its about time such psu comes where it gives the users the liberty to change the fans without voiding the warranty, especially in such stuff.

We should get units like Antec EA with proper distribution and service. Sadly, its one of those days when you want the good stuff, you just don't get it :|

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
erm i have apc 500 back ups and ill be buying a seasonic 520 bronze ,will there be any problems?

i read on the 1st page of ths thread about active pfc problems.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
erm i have apc 500 back ups and ill be buying a seasonic 520 bronze ,will there be any problems?

shouldn't be any problem till your PC (PSU mainly) consumes power below the amount the UPS able provide in blackout situations. if its more power needed, in case electricity goes, PC will shut down instantly.

also depends on what parts you add. if you run a simple Atom based CPU or a level d/l machine (i mean no HD6870 as you planning nor any S/B), than it won't create any problem & your aging UPS will provide so-so backup.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
waanh

cant go for 6870 then? jonny guru says seasonic 520 bronze will shut down at 300w load if the ups is on batteries and he had the apc 650 va ups.

my model is apc back ups es 500 how much i can sell it for and if i buy a new ups what should i buy 1kva or smthing else?

will a 6870 at idle too make the system shutdown and please tell me what if we consider upto 23" displays too.

my rig as you know is c2d e7500 on an asus p5qpl-am , so the only load causing pieces will be 6870 and a large display which iam yet to buy.

*www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=08c0CULpvP1ZM9kT&templete=2

what phase design is my mobo ? is it 8+1 or not please tell me see the link .

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
with such a power hungry rig, a APC 650VA is the minimum you should look for. won't shutdown as your PC will never consume so much power with those stuffs. so 650VA is the minimum. to be safe, get Numeric 1KVa.

for that UPS, <1k.

mitraark

Decrepit
I checked quite a few shops today and none of them stock Corsair , all quoting Cooler Master 500W Extreme Power @ 2.9k ... why should i not choose this over Corsair VX450W ?

Well i think i got a few replies for that on Google :| Why the faux does all shops in Kolkata want to sell that then , just because reputed brand 500W for so less ?

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
it doesnt matter if it is 500 or not
the fact is that all of the series by cooler master (except real power/pro) are absolutely crap
even the latest offering by CM i.e GX series is not reliable
mine GX 550W blew up 2 times in 3 months

for ur computer's parts safety,i strictly recommend u to go for other brands
-->corsair
-->seasonic
-->FSP
-->tagan
-->silverstone

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
but if you have noticed.. market is flooded with CM PSU.. its really very hard to find corsair PSU.. atleast when i was searching for HX650 or VX550 at NP..

this I've been observing since a year, and shop wallahs would say corsair has stopped making psus or no more available in india and same for ram..............wtf..........

ssb1551

Technomancer
guys try theitwares...they do have Corsair product..Infact I've ordered a Corsair 2GB DDR3 RAM from theitwares a couple of days back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom