Basic guide for the right power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwad

In the zone
^^Didn't gecha buddy.Can you please translate for those of us who don't understand Hindi much?

Yikes, Sorry. I meant they wouldnt be able to get enough profit margin, which is why they are reluctant to sell corsair. :)

jeetu

Broken In
"CM 500W Extreme" should only be bought if you own a Low End computer without a good graphic card. Its still a better option than 450W power supplies that you get for 400 Rs.

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
I checked quite a few shops today and none of them stock Corsair , all quoting Cooler Master 500W Extreme Power @ 2.9k ... why should i not choose this over Corsair VX450W ?

Well i think i got a few replies for that on Google :| Why the faux does all shops in Kolkata want to sell that then , just because reputed brand 500W for so less ?

Did you try MD Computers? I see Corsair PSUs on display, every time I give them a visit :)

Or you can buy directly from Corsair Distributor in Kol: Tirupati Enterprise & you may save some $

Vishw

Journeyman
Hey guys, hows TechShop.in for online buying? I'm thinking of buying Corsair GS800 @ 6.4k from them.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
^^cilus buys a lot of stuff online you should ask him about techshop.and gs800 aint a great choice.get hx series from corsair. i think hx650 is 6.8k.

vwad

In the zone
Hey guys, hows TechShop.in for online buying? I'm thinking of buying Corsair GS800 @ 6.4k from them.

I bought Samsung Champ mobile from techshop.in last month.

Their customer service officer lady is very helpful and supportive.

I will recommend it. :) They also offer discounts if you pay using bank transfer through NEFT.

ssb1551

Technomancer
But prices are a bit high in techshop than other online stores.for ex. 965 is for 9.1k at techshop whereas the same is available for 8k at the theitwares.

Vishw

Journeyman
But prices are a bit high in techshop than other online stores.for ex. 965 is for 9.1k at techshop whereas the same is available for 8k at the theitwares.
But their PSU prices are bit lower than other stores when you use NEFT bank transfer as vwad said. ;)

^^cilus buys a lot of stuff online you should ask him about techshop.and gs800 aint a great choice.get hx series from corsair. i think hx650 is 6.8k.
I think I'm gonna buy this one: *techshop.in/store/seasonic-750w-s12d750-silver-certification-power-supply-buy-online-india-p-5837.html?cPath=320_194

Last edited:

vwad

In the zone
But their PSU prices are bit lower than other stores when you use NEFT bank transfer as vwad said. ;)

I think I'm gonna buy this one: *techshop.in/store/seasonic-750w-s12d750-silver-certification-power-supply-buy-online-india-p-5837.html?cPath=320_194

Yes indeed, they offer discounts :)

Good Choice of PSU :)

Piyush

Lanaya
Can you please tell if FSB Saga II 400w and 500 w BLUE is 80+ certified or not and its current price ?

i think u r mixing terms:FSP II saga 500W and FSP BLUE STORM

FSP BLUE STORM--> efficiency more than 85% @ 3.8k
FSP II saga 500W--> efficiency more than 80% @ 2.2k

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
modder was right if you want to buy from shop then google for tirupathi enterprise on their webpage youll find all india branches list there( there are 2 pages).

if it helps you the brands i found at tirupathi np.:

corsair
tagan
seasonic
antec
evga
razer(very enthusiastly told me humare paas ab razer bhi hai :) )

they sell everything but processor so you may find more brands in different product categories.

rohitshakti2

In the zone
modder was right if you want to buy from shop then google for tirupathi enterprise on their webpage youll find all india branches list there( there are 2 pages).

corsair
tagan
seasonic
antec
evga

they sell everything but processor so you may find more brands in different product categories.

Is tirupathi enterprises better than Cost to cost and SMC in Delhi.

rohitshakti2

In the zone

corsair
tagan
seasonic
antec
evga

Is tirupathi enterprises better than Cost to cost and SMC in Delhi.

Cilus

laborare est orare
For PSU, you can also have look at theitwares. Their prices are lower than Techshop. And Corsiar GS series may be not as solid as TX or HX series but still they are better than most of their competitors and the price point is really attractive. So no harm if you go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom