AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
any latest news about am3+ support?? gigabyte is showing am3+ support on their site on 890 chipsets..but they haven't mentioned "bulldozer" specifically in d supported processors' list...

utkarsh009

In the zone
look at this:AMD Wants to “Bulldozer” Intel’s Sandy Bridge | Overclockers now comment on which (out of amd and intel) would be a better choice once BD comes out.

rchi84

In the zone
If this happens, I would be so happy. Intel's had a free run on the performance front for way too long now. We need some competition. Just like Australia losing in the WC makes for an exciting final :)

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
hey guyz this is just in!!!!!!!!!!!!
specs of flagship bulldozer model fx-8150p black edition:::::::::::::::

CPU-core::::::8
Clock speed::::4.2 GHz
Turbo Core max::::4.7 GHz
L2-cache:::::::8MB
L3-cache:::::::8MB
TDP:::::::::::::140W
Memory contrl::1866 MHz
Black Edition::yes, unlocked multiplier
Socket::::::::::AM3+
Manufacturing::32nm SOI

this i got it from nordichardware not on the english website,the swedish one.
the only part was missing in specification was clock speed and turbo,if its true as given, then its real deal though it may be costly but its worthed.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
wow - that's some awesome stock speed and AMD just made a new record in the cpu world - by releasing first ever cpu passing 4GHz mark ;-)

bhushan2k

gr8..m gonna purchase am3+ board with athlon or phenom..n after a year when prices of bulldozer will drop, will look for it..but no idea of how much the prices will drop after year..:-(

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
show this to vickybat who considers amd to be an underdog!!!!!!

Amd is still an underdog when compared to intel's sales and revenue. But that does not mean amd cannot release good products.

I am not against amd but always with the side that performs better. Intel has been dominating since "conroe" and its never looking back since. If bulldozer beats sandybridge(socket 2011), then it will indeed be a big victory for amd.

See the whole picture before posting.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
umm
i don't think clock speeds do equate to real world performance(i7 920 vs pII X4 1090)
we have to wait and watch for real world benchmarks

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep,that's true but a8 core cpu with 4.2 Ghz stock ( 4.7 Ghz with TB ) has great potential I think but as you have said some benches in the future will make everything crystal clear ;-)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I still feel this proccy will just TEAR apart the top end Sandy Bridge i7's.

may. if it cost ~50k, it better do it or else SB will take the fight to AMD's camp.

AMD should take turbo mode even higher to 5 ghz.

future revisions should. but whats more important is how efficient. for now it looks good on paper only.

and to what amount we can oc on air cooling. maybe 5.8-6ghz:razz:

This proccy is going to be an Overclockers DREAM!!!

depends how much OC headroom is left on these processors. as you can see, PII 965 @ 3.4Ghz somehow was able to get past 4Ghz or barely missed 4Ghz mark.

[TheReg]AMD gases up Bulldozers for Intel push back

Advanced Micro Devices is in a number of tight spots at the moment, but the company is hopefully optimistic that its future "Bulldozer" Opteron processors due later this year will let it dig in and grab some desperately needed - and profitable - server market share from archrival Intel.

The first Bulldozer Opteron chips, the 16-core "Interlagos" processors, are still on track for production in the second quarter with a formal launch sometime in the third quarter, Vlad Rozanovich, director of the enterprise and public sector business at AMD, tells El Reg. These chips will be used in servers with two or four processor sockets and will plug into existing machines that use the G34 socket and that currently sport the 12-core "Magny-Cours" Opteron 6100s.

Source

bhushan2k

Memory contrl::1866
Does that mean it will support main memory with 1866MHz onwards?? If yes then what about old motherboards which are running on lesser frequency already and will need to be available for bulldozer through bios update??

Top Bottom