AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
IMO, no matter what AMD comes up with Intel will always have an upper hand(performance wise). Only things that can save AMD are fanboys and pricing.

Your views are completely biased and seems like you don't know much about pc hardwares ( history ) anyway ;-)

masterkd

Padawan
@slashragnarok, duh, who have better price/performance ratio, who rocks in entry level and mid range scenario, and who developed amd64!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
True, I am really hoping that AMD will get the upperhand this time, atleast in India :D

the end fight is really like Nokia vs the rest. ppls here just know Nokia & SE are the best & should buy it. rest (HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc) are Chinese. same in case of processor. some even told AMD is a local/chinese processor & will blow up after sometime.

utkarsh009

In the zone
the end fight is really like Nokia vs the rest. ppls here just know Nokia & SE are the best & should buy it. rest (HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, etc) are Chinese. same in case of processor. some even told AMD is a local/chinese processor & will blow up after sometime.

WT*? one of my friend says "hamko symbian accha lagta hai" just because it comes with nokia.

did you all see the joke of the year which i posted? let me post it again:
on asking one of the assemblers in ranchi about bringing the athlon II X4 635 proccy this is what he replied, " yeh kaun sa processor hai? intel ka toh nahi lagta hai jarur celeron ka hoga!!!!!!" lolzzz......

kamal_saran

android lover
WT*? one of my friend says "hamko symbian accha lagta hai" just because it comes with nokia.

on asking one of the assemblers in ranchi about bringing the athlon II X4 635 proccy this is what he replied, " yeh kaun sa processor hai? intel ka toh nahi lagta hai jarur celeron ka hoga!!!!!!" lolzzz......

:rofl: most funnist joke i ever heard about pc's :rofl:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm just wondering what he would he call a sempron then - manufacturer of SB cpus ;-)

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
All right, it's time to be on-topic now.

Asus Claims Certain Boards AM3+ Compatible, Says Zilch About Bulldozer - HotHardware

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
my question is
will the existing 785g 760g 790 series Mobos be compatible too?
cause there's not much difference between 8 and 7 series, are there?

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
my question is
will the existing 785g 760g 790 series Mobos be compatible too?
cause there's not much difference between 8 and 7 series, are there?
They might be and might not be. No official word. So, better not have any expectations. :(

Read the article (and comments) which I posted above.

Bulldozer/AM3+ will have one extra pin. So, if you want to use Bulldozer in your present AM3 motherboard, it *might* work after you remove the pin. But consider it unsupported. And motherboard manufacturers will have to release BIOS updates too.

*img862.imageshack.us/img862/7514/am3vsam3plus.jpg

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
am3+ boards -
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 3.1)
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-890FXA-UD5 (rev. 3.1)

these are revision 3.1 of previous am3 boards.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
See, if that pin is a "dead pin" in AM3+ processors which AMD has included only to differentiate from AM3, then AM3+ processors might work in AM3.

AM2+ processors with 2 dead pins removed still work in AM2+ sockets. (the ones which differentiate it from AM3)

am3+ boards -
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 3.1)
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-890FXA-UD5 (rev. 3.1)

these are revision 3.1 of previous am3 boards.
You see that these revised boards have a black colour socket which tells you that the socket is AM3+.

*www.gigabyte.com/fileupload/product/2/3785/4029_big.jpg

*www.gigabyte.com/fileupload/product/2/3756/3894_big.jpg

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
All right, it's time to be on-topic now.

Asus Claims Certain Boards AM3+ Compatible, Says Zilch About Bulldozer - HotHardware

That link is not mentioning bulldozer chip based on am3+ socket clearly..may be asus is refering to just am3+ based boards probably next phenom series based on am3+ and not bulldozer..

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
That link is not mentioning bulldozer chip based on am3+ socket clearly..may be asus is refering to just am3+ based boards probably next phenom series based on am3+ and not bulldozer..
Phenom II will work on AM3+ motherboards without any problem. There will not be any next Phenom series.

Bulldozer is an AM3+ processor and has one extra pin. You can't fit it in AM3 motherboards unless you mess around with that pin.

It *might* work in AM3 motherboards. We'll know in June.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
hmmm lets c..

M fan of amd nw..wasn't aware of terms like bulldozer like u all experts are before a week as m planning to upgrade system to amd..so visiting relevant posts n threads continuously n curiously..thanx to all...

I think amd's time has come..amd will capture major market share near future..and intel will have to struggle just like the way what happened with nokia's symbian smartphones against android n ios...

rajan1311

Padawan
i dont trust that news.....AMD themselves said bulldozer will not be supported on AM3.....but if, it is true, it will be awesome for all of us :)

Top Bottom