AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Already posted it doc. ;) look 3-4 posts upward... :)

OOps...my bad...even I went through the Legitreviews link....sorry bro! :oops:

Btw..this is an ES chip...dont u think the release SKUs will perform better...with better clocks and stepping and all those stuff?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Arre, its absolutely OK, no probs. :)

Regarding the benchmarks AMD is already working on the B2 revision AFAIR. The 8130P will probably comes with a default speed of 3.8 GHz and 4.2 GHz on turbo. Apparently these ES and B0 samples couldn't hit the speeds AMD wanted and if we take the benchmark results of these ES samples, they are in dire need for speed.

So far it doesn't look good for the first batch of Bulldozer. Even the 990 chipset is disappointing.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
You people might like these. :)

*2.bp.blogspot.com/-O9u3ev-rc2A/TfJpuSs4DpI/AAAAAAAAAww/AGiyw8fcIuA/s1600/wprime.png

*4.bp.blogspot.com/-Z8My6HK1gu4/TfJpoV3mlTI/AAAAAAAAAwg/OBbx_taU95c/s1600/superpi.png

*4.bp.blogspot.com/-9liSYxb9aUo/TfJpiInzCcI/AAAAAAAAAwY/HNYxGZO2su0/s1600/cine11.png

*1.bp.blogspot.com/-_yJPK97Rybk/TfJpfWWP61I/AAAAAAAAAwQ/DspREe95ymM/s1600/cine10.png

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Update:-

AMD new generation Turbo: Bulldozer FX processor with 1GHz speed can increase

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the 16-core server CPU is demonstrated by AMD. See here:-

AMD Shows Off Working 16-Core Opteron "Interlagos" - X-bit labs

And here:-

Amd demonstrates a 32 core bulldozer server- The Inquirer

Nothing has been divulged but the chip is cool-running. Lets hope performance would be hot though. ;)

Now, bring on the desktop Bulldozers.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ glad to hear that - now we only need some really awesome performance from Bulldozer cpus ;-)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
AMD is delaying launches so much that by the time BD is out Intel will Launch 3rd gen :p

yeah, so it'll become Sandy Bridge E v/s BD not SB v/s BD.

I'm wondering if they did this purposely, as in, are they confident they can beat the 6 core SB-E with their 8 core?

Top Bottom