AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
POST ADDED
Some more update:-

AMD Needs to Boost Clock-Speed of FX "Bulldozer" Chips - Sources - X-bit labs

Phenoms 2 have done 7GHz+ on LN2....so its really sad, cos even with 32nm, BD just reached 6GHz...guess they are clocked low just like the original Phenom series... :(

Check the link above.

The 32Nm based AMD FX-8130P comes at a stock clock of 3.8Ghz which can turbo upto 4.2Ghz holding a total of 8Cores/8 Threads with 8Mb L3 Cache, The processor used was an early engineering sample and part of the older revision, AMD announced new Revisions due to performance issues in its current Bulldozer lineup so final clocks of the model would be changed. The clock achieved by the user was 6021.2mhz(223.0×27) on an insane 1.984 VCore, The CPU only consumes 125w TDP while the one in the CPU-z shows 186W.

So its one of the earlier revision chip, I guess. AMD has pushed back retail availability because of lower clock speeds at older revisions. Final version may change the thing.

rajan1311

Padawan
holly s**t 3.8GHz stock on an Octa and still 125W TDP? That too old older revision? I don't think i got that right..can someone explain?

Also, when is Llano launch?

kamal_saran

android lover
off topic
hey guys sorry for offtopic query. Just don't want to make a thread for small query. See hear the price of phenom x4 955 BE . *www.deltapage.com/list/index.html*deltapage.com/list/index.html
is it really 5600rs. Or just a mistake. Because if it's 5600 rs. Then we have a athlon replacement. . . . :)

saz

Journeyman
^ yes, its correct. See SMC International site there its priced at 5500rs. Damn...I bought it around 45days back for 6.6k!!! :(

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
And the bulldozer is nowhere around :). I guess by the time they do come out we will probably get a Phenom II X6 at 5-6k price! This is madness!!!

BTW, is Llano production ready?

rajan1311

Padawan
we still waiting for global launch dude.....how to tell when in india....say 2 weeks after its readily available on newegg?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Well whenever Bulldozer is ready and launched...will take atleast 1month to have supply of both cpus and mobos here...

kamal_saran

android lover
if i'm right then amd did this price cut due to llano launch. So that it can clear it's old stocks. . . . Then i wish that llano will launch this month . :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
UPDATE:-

Some benchmarks of the the 8-core Zambezi FX:-

AMD Bulldozer 8-Core CPU Benchmark Numbers Leaked - Legit Reviews

Original source:-

推土机Eng Sample评测(å¾…æ›´æ–°) - CPU / 内存 / ä¸»æ¿ / 超频 - CHIPHELL - 了解CHH,懂CHH,爱CHH! - Powered by Discuz!

And some youtube videos:-

AMD FX-8130P ES B0 Processor Benchmarking Video On YouTube! - Legit Reviews

These are all B0 stepping, and performance doesn't look very promising at these clocks.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is a very very early engineering sample. Athlon II X2 250 would give better 1M SuperPi score than that.

I don't even know why CPU-Z is saying 186w TDP when it shouldn't.

Top Bottom