AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

lalam

In the zone
OMG!!! It's so much cheaper than i ever thought it would be, talking about Zambezi. I hope it is backward compatible.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ joker

Please kindly mention the source. I think you got it from here:-
AMD Bulldozer (Zambezi-FX) CPU Performance Exposed, Beats i7 2600K in CineBench Benchmark

If this holds true then some exciting times are ahead of us.

Last edited:

newboss

Broken In
AMD FX-8130P – 8 Core, 3.8Ghz, Max T.C 4.2Ghz, 125W (320$)
AMD FX-8110 – 8 Core, 3.6Ghz, Max T.C 4.0Ghz, 95W (290$)
AMD FX-6110 – 6 Core, Unknown, Max T.C Unknown, 95W (240$)
AMD FX-4110 – 4 Core, Unknown, Max T.C Unknown, 95W (190$)

Read more: AMD Bulldozer (Zambezi-FX) Specifications Leaked by Asus

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
So far so good. If everything goes right, next year I'll be in for some huge upgrades. :razz:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
The fx 8130p will surely beat i7 2600k . Atleast that's my speculation. But it will be no match for sandybridge- E processors for socket 2011.

Let's wait and see how far my predictions stand correct.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The fx 8130p will surely beat i7 2600k . Atleast that's my speculation. But it will be no match for sandybridge- E processors for socket 2011.

i7 2600k + a highend GPU vs FX8130p (AMD can't find any better name) + a highend GPU. now guess who'll trump whom?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Another Bulldozer sucker punch : courtesy AMD....

AMD Bulldozer Retail Availability Postponed to Q3 2011 – Report

Does AMD want to sell or not?

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
May all bad things happen to AMD...I was counting on Bulldozer :mad:

I still wish it to be a huge success. Intel needs some real competition or their pricing is going to get worse and worse. My guess is that Bulldozer is not performing as well as AMD was hoping and they are trying to improve it's performance before they ship it. Or maybe they are just trying to upscale production since this is their first chip with the new architecture.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
I still wish it to be a huge success. Intel needs some real competition or their pricing is going to get worse and worse. My guess is that Bulldozer is not performing as well as AMD was hoping and they are trying to improve it's performance before they ship it. Or maybe they are just trying to upscale production since this is their first chip with the new architecture.

Or maybe they are plain frightened of their inadequacies in the eve of Sandybridge E launch??

Come on AMD ...we need you to make Intel see reason to price their proccys right!!!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
AFAIR, ATI used to be famous for paper launches. Maybe AMD has got the same disease now.

But after AMD take over ATi that disease have been greatly cured. Almost zero paper launches these days as far as Radeons are concerned. The chipsets are ready, mobos have been pictured, so what's stopping them? But then Q3 starts from July 1, so may not be too late.

On second thought, are they planning to take Sandy Bridge-E head on? Are they going to be that good?

Piyush

Lanaya
I think I'm posting these too late
but still have look if you haven't already

AMD ''Interlagos'' Bulldozer Benchmarks Leaked

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
more new CPUs coming into the family ;-)

The new processors would include Four new FX processors, As detailed in the roadmap Engineering samples are already available so we can expect a few benchmarks to come up shortly. Production would start in August 2011 while Retail availability is expected in Q3 2011. This could also mean that the Launch for the current lineup won’t be delayed much further than the original June-July Launch. The new processors would include AMD FX 8150 , FX 8100 AMD (8 cores), AMD FX 6100 (6-core) and AMD FX 4100 (4-cores) . Detailed specs below:

FX-8150, 8 Core, 125W, 8MB L2 Cache, 32Nm, DDR3 1866+ support
FX-8100, 8 Core, 95W, 8MB L2 Cache, 32Nm, DDR3 1866+ support
FX-6100, 6 Core, 95W, 6MB L2 Cache, 32Nm, DDR3 1866+ support
FX-4100, 4 Core, 95W, 4MB L2 Cache, 32Nm, DDR3 1866+ support

*wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/New_AMD_FX_Roadmap-600x330.png

The new processors are most likely to come with higher clock speeds than the currently FX-8130P (3.8Ghz/T.C 4.2Ghz). Featuring the same amount of TDP, Core count and DDR3 memory support as their respective first gen model, The would be priced same of a bit higher than the current lineup revealed here and would also feature an Exclusive Black Edition Overclock technology.

source

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
8100 looks good. Hope by the time I would be ready to upgrade, some 8170/8190 would be in the block at 15k range. Hmmm... have they started to name their CPUs just like GPUs - 8130, 8150... ;)

Top Bottom