AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, A4 results are disappointing. But take these figures with a pinch of salt. The final results may actually vary.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
no, A4 doesn't disappoint. It still has superior on-die graphics than Core i3-2100 for budget gamers and according to AMD's positioning, it does fine. You can see AMD's positioning below:

*i.imgur.com/cI8Xi.png

i7 2600k running on onboard graphics? vs FX 8core with discrete graphics (i know FX got no ondie GPU)? what kind of comparison is this? if they want to show real comparison, provide 2 slide: A6 vs i7 2600k & FX 8-core with a fast GPU vs i7 2600K with the same GPU. then we can talk about performance.
Just compare the PCMARK Vantage part of the graph.

Lastly, these graphs are rubbish.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
WoW! $700 CPu to compete with core i7 26xx and core i5 25xx - that's very steep ! but I'm sure thety will lower the price once it released

sukesh1090

Adam young
are those the benchmark results of bulldozer?then why not only processor benchmarks than adding gfx card along with it.if we get only processor ones i think then only we will be able to say which one is better bulldozer or sandy bridge.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
i7 2600k running on onboard graphics? vs FX 8core with discrete graphics (i know FX got no ondie GPU)? what kind of comparison is this? if they want to show real comparison, provide 2 slide: A6 vs i7 2600k & FX 8-core with a fast GPU vs i7 2600K with the same GPU. then we can talk about performance.

& A4 still slower than entry level i3? thats bad. now only if the A4's come within 3-4k.

Totally agree...firstly, the comparison has disappointed me..discrete gpu added just with bulldozer and not with sandy bridge..and when we see cpu benchmarks in that graph, 8 core bulldozer just slightly outperforms quad core 8 threaded sandy bridge...some more benchmarks should be come to make statement of either side...

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some ASUS 900 series mobo specifications:-

*www.rumorpedia.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/asusam3r2.jpg

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
things are looking better & better by the days for AMD :smile:

wasn't the news like this: 900-series naively support some 1866Mhz DDR3 ram? if yes, then why the "OC" against the ram speed in the Crosshair V board?

lalam

In the zone
Will the current AM3 mobo really support this new line of processors? Am thinking about upgrading so am really confuse at this point, should i just wait? Which i really don't want to. And how long would it take for it to launch in India?

J

Joker

Will the current AM3 mobo really support this new line of processors? Am thinking about upgrading so am really confuse at this point, should i just wait? Which i really don't want to. And how long would it take for it to launch in India?

refer to the previous pages on this thread. we had a long discussion on this.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
*i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/AMD-Llano-and-Bulldozer-Pricing-Revealed-Report-3.jpg

Halle luuiahhh

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Is the TDP of FX6110 & FX4110 correct?

Should have been 95W imo...but as the proverbial saying goes 'take all leaks with ample helpings of salt' ;)

If these are the actual prices though, Intel will only be too happy to sit tight on pricing :pullhair: :cry:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
*i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/AMD-Llano-and-Bulldozer-Pricing-Revealed-Report-3.jpg

Halle luuiahhh

mention the source from next time ;-)

AMD Llano and Bulldozer Pricing Revealed – Report - Softpedia

Looking at the price - they have to pack some serious performance under the hood to compete with intel SB cpus.

BTW, that FX4110 has 3.4 Ghz stock clock speed ( rumored ) - looking forward to some benchmark to see how far it can be OCed and what kind of performance it would provide compared to rival SB cpus.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
mention the source from next time ;-)

AMD Llano and Bulldozer Pricing Revealed – Report - Softpedia

Looking at the price - they have to pack some serious performance under the hood to compete with intel SB cpus.

BTW, that FX4110 has 3.4 Ghz stock clock speed ( rumored ) - looking forward to some benchmark to see how far it can be OCed and what kind of performance it would provide compared to rival SB cpus.

oops my bad...sorry, I got so carried away,I didnt post the link... :D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hoping the FX-8310P would be better than i7-2600K. At 16K it will be simply irresistible.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Hoping the FX-8310P would be better than i7-2600K. At 16K it will be simply irresistible.

U mean the FX 8130P! ;)

Well,if it atleast matches the Core i7 2600K...that will be enough for now...price will surely go down... :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
oh... silly me!!! I think with 8 physical cores it has to be better than i7 in multi-threaded apps.

Top Bottom