AMD Bulldozer News and Discussion

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you'll be amazed more ;-)

see this link : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1363813-post168.html - posted by ico

AMD FX-8150P will debut with a clock speed of 4.2 GHz and Turbo Core technology good for over 4.7 GHz.

Does that feels good or great ;-)

sukesh1090

Adam young
it feels awesome.i am waiting to see its real power,lots of hope is there on bulldozer.if it performs as expected then i think Intel will be having tough time for their sandy bridge.

OP
Cilus

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ I agree, because AMD is always been superior in the pricing. So if a Bulldozer can even perform very closely to Intel's Sandy Bridge E processors and provide more competitive price point, they will be sold like nothing....even they don't need to beat the Sandy Bridge in performance.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^but right now looking at the news it seems that bulldozer will surely beat sandy bridge but don't know any thing about sandy bridge e and ivy bridge due to lack of knowledge.but still amd will surely continue to modify their processor in the mean time till the release of ivy bridge.and link in one of the above post also says that amd is trying to make their processors future proof.so lets hope for the best.
i think amd also should think about giving publicity and advertisement to their products,their products need good marketing in this field which intel is too brilliant.

Last edited:

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
^^true...intel leads in marketing too...i haven't seen any advertising of amd solutions on television yet lol...because of this, many people in india still don't know about amd processors...it has been a definition like "computer = intel"..."kaunsa computer liya? = intel ka" :-D...and about the above 4 GHz news...intel never concentrated on frequency...rather they produced best resulting chips on their superior architecture only...this is the only area of concern for amd...they always concentrated on clock rates...

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^true...intel leads in marketing too...i haven't seen any advertising of amd solutions on television yet lol...because of this, many people in india still don't know about amd processors...it has been a definition like "computer = intel"..."kaunsa computer liya? = intel ka" :-D...and about the above 4 GHz news...intel never concentrated on frequency...rather they produced best resulting chips on their superior architecture only...this is the only area of concern for amd...they always concentrated on clock rates...

man you need to study history:p

Piyush

Lanaya

their marketing strategy is a most stupid act i've ever seen
they misguide poor consumers by irrelevant info on their ads

lol....AMD have to follow intel?!?!?! :lol:
dont forget it was intel who was left stunned when AMD launched their 64 bit proccys

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
@jas,

^^yup i may be wrong as m not so expert...but as far as i know and after seeing many benchmarks, i can say that...quad core sandy bridge at stock frequency beats OCed phenom hexa core in many aspects...isn't it?? And why digit experts suggesting sandy bridge config over amd...people prefer i5 2500k instead phenom ii x6 1100 at same price...u also have been suggesting na.aren't u? :-D

lol....AMD have to follow intel?!?!?! :lol:
dont forget it was intel who was left stunned when AMD launched their 64 bit proccys

yeah point..:)

Last edited:

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^Phenom was made by tweaking the same architecture but bulldozer is a new architecture.bulldozer is in news not only because of its speed but mainly because of its architecture design.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
.intel never concentrated on frequency...rather they produced best resulting chips on their superior architecture only...this is the only area of concern for amd...they always concentrated on clock rates...
Athlon 64 3000+ @ 1.9 Ghz was better than Pentium 4 @ 3.0Ghz.

The fact that clock speed doesn't matter, architecture matters was proven by AMD, not Intel.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it feels awesome.i am waiting to see its real power,lots of hope is there on bulldozer.if it performs as expected then i think Intel will be having tough time for their sandy bridge.

better yet SLI is also coming for AMD again with AMD’s 990FX, 990X and 970 chipsets and those must have support CF anyway - so bulldozer users can go with any multi gpu setup they want ;-)

don't know any thing about sandy bridge e and ivy bridge due to lack of knowledge

read these two threads ;-)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/139831-intel-sandy-bridge-e-lga2011-discussion.html

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/139267-intel-ivy-bridge-discussion.html

sukesh1090

Adam young
thank you for the links topgear.so overclocking is the main advantage of sb e processors and i think it won't be a much headache for amd as they got black editions for oc and ivy bridge have got features like 22nm where amd has to work out a lot and direct x 11 2nd generation hd graphics card which i think amd already have.
so,sb e processor i think is not a big rival for bulldozer but ivy bridge can be.performance wise bulldozer gonna rock the only thing amd has to do is good marketing and advertisements.then only a lot of people come to know that there is also another company in the world which produces quality processors and can go head to head with intel.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ you'll be amazed more ;-)

see this link : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1363813-post168.html - posted by ico

Does that feels good or great ;-)

thats terrific speed on paper. but in real life, it'll be interesting to know. surely it'll cost a bomb but thats ok if it is able to dethrone Core i7 990X.

i haven't seen any advertising of amd solutions on television yet lol

[YOUTUBE]fk-2ic2BoZw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, 4.7 Ghz with TB is some serious speed for a cpu ( factory clocked ) but as you have said we have to see some benchmark to know how it really performs with it's rivals.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some benchmark projections:-

AMD FX Series and A Series First Performance Projections Surface | techPowerUp

*www.techpowerup.com/img/11-05-04/20a.jpg

*www.techpowerup.com/img/11-05-04/20b.jpg

Here's the original link in turkish:-

İşte AMD'nin 8 çekirdekli Bulldozer FX işlemcisi için test sonuçları

looks like an allrounder. hope the final results will be better than this.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Looks like cpu score is on par with 2600k. I don't know if it can keep up with the upcoming sandybridge-E processors.
But fx8130p is going to be one heck of a competitor for sure. The added sli support in the fx platform sweetens the deal even more.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, finally it looks like AMD can at least match Intel. That will be a very good news for customers.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i7 2600k running on onboard graphics? vs FX 8core with discrete graphics (i know FX got no ondie GPU)? what kind of comparison is this? if they want to show real comparison, provide 2 slide: A6 vs i7 2600k & FX 8-core with a fast GPU vs i7 2600K with the same GPU. then we can talk about performance.

& A4 still slower than entry level i3? thats bad. now only if the A4's come within 3-4k.

Top Bottom