All Metalheads here

bikramjitkar

In the zone

While browsing youtube covers, came across this guys channel.. I thought it was awesome.
Turns out he is the lead guitarist of Judas Priest. I've never really listened to them much, I guess now I will.

He probably joined recently. He seems too young to be in Judas Priest.

However, Judas Priest's original guitarist is Glenn Tipton, he is kickass.

Glenn Tipton is still in Judas Priest. The new guy is Richie Faulkner who replaced KK Downing, but hasn't written any songs yet for them. Tipton and Downing are one of the most legendary guitar duos in metal history.

Anyone heard the new Maiden album? I've only heard the first disc yet and it's really epic and amazing. Probably their best work since the reunion.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am thinking of buying Book Of Souls from Amazon. Its only around 500 bucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Glenn Tipton is still in Judas Priest. The new guy is Richie Faulkner who replaced KK Downing, but hasn't written any songs yet for them. Tipton and Downing are one of the most legendary guitar duos in metal history.

Downing and Tipton [strike]are[/strike]were bloody amazing together.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Saw Megadeth last evening at NH7, Kolkata. They were spectacular! Blew my voice out from screaming all the lyrics and sprained my neck from headbanging, so worth it. :D Kiko Loureiro is a beast and nailed all the solos and they sound so much better with Chris Adler on the drums. The opening acts, Zygnema and Undying Inc, were also very good although trying a bit too hard to be Pantera.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Saw Megadeth last evening at NH7, Kolkata. They were spectacular! Blew my voice out from screaming all the lyrics and sprained my neck from headbanging, so worth it. :D Kiko Loureiro is a beast and nailed all the solos and they sound so much better with Chris Adler on the drums. The opening acts, Zygnema and Undying Inc, were also very good although trying a bit too hard to be Pantera.

GG My friend.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Forgot to mention, I got a set of David Ellefson's old bass strings that his tech was throwing out after the show. :D Also, got James Lomenzo's bass pick in 2008 when I last saw them. Funny, considering bass is the one instrument I don't play. Hmmm, maybe I should get a bass guitar now...

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Forgot to mention, I got a set of David Ellefson's old bass strings that his tech was throwing out after the show. :D Also, got James Lomenzo's bass pick in 2008 when I last saw them. Funny, considering bass is the one instrument I don't play. Hmmm, maybe I should get a bass guitar now...

Wow. During the Fear Factory show I had attended last year they were throwing out Tshirts, drum sticks and picks. But only those in the center got most of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Another end of an era. Lemmy passes away.

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ow missed the news. While he still lived, they said it was because of the healthy diet and not in spite of it. Liked Hawkwind too.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Iron Maiden announced tour dates for China at 24th and 26th April. The previous show is at USA on 16th April and next at new zealand on 29th. With an optimistic mindset, I predict they should hit India somewhere around 20th.

Top Bottom