All Metalheads here

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah. Its coming but I don't think it would be any good. Bruce just recovered from cancer and his voice has not been what it was back in the day.

Hope they do something unique with this album as they do with most of their previous albums.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Yeah. Its coming but I don't think it would be any good. Bruce just recovered from cancer and his voice has not been what it was back in the day.

Hope they do something unique with this album as they do with most of their previous albums.

I think they had already finished with the recording by the time bruce's cancer came up and his treatment started. Anyway, let us hope they are able to maintain their consistency streak.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Daniel Tompkins leaves Skyharbor: *m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=863004300441208&id=106985189376460

Earlier this month, Anup Sastry left Skyharbor too.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I generally dislike these kind of covers. They seem forced and nothing innovative.

Not really bad.

You cannot guarantee that a cover would sufficiently capture the same experience as the original. It is just someone's vision of what a metal cover of some song would be like. Just like how Children Of Bodom covered Britney Spears' Oops I Did It Again.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I think its not easy to make a metal version of somewhat a happy sounding song like Hotel California.I think they have covered it good with those Jonathan Davis esque whispering vocals and a mix of hard rock kind of chords with palm muted metal sounding guitars,at times.The vocalist could have screamed the whole time but he didn't which is quite unique.I like it

nims11

BIOS Terminator
I think its not easy to make a metal version of somewhat a happy sounding song like Hotel California.I think they have covered it good with those Jonathan Davis esque whispering vocals and a mix of hard rock kind of chords with palm muted metal sounding guitars,at times.The vocalist could have screamed the whole time but he didn't which is quite unique.I like it

True. Thats why I suppose there are so many great Iron Maiden covers, where a heavy song is made heavier. The reason I don't like most pop song metal cover is because the song structure is usually forced to fit into some traditional metal song structure which usually renders the cover as an average metal song.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Haven't heard much. However saw a documentary about him. He is brilliant. Shame that he is now paralyzed, however he still makes music using a computer controlled by his eyes (I think).

Top Bottom