All Metalheads here

setanjan123

In the zone
Xtreme metal everywhere. Just to lighten up the atmosphere a bit, any1 listend 2 lp's new album hunting party. They are sayin its pure rock like hybrid theory. I am a bit skeptical but i am all for an album like hybrid theory after all this electro rock crap theyve been making. LP fans go to serious xtremes. An old frnd of mine blocked me on fb just becoz i said LP suxx. Lol

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Just listened to some of the songs from the new LP album. Not at all like Hybrid Theory and not very good at any measure. The first track "Keys To The Kingdom" sounds a lot like a Helmet song but nothing spectacular about it. Guilty All The Same sounds somewhat like Breaking The Habit from the album Meteora, still nothing spectacular.

I don't think this album will be very good.

- - - Updated - - -

I stopped listening to them after Reanimation when they partnered with JayZ.

setanjan123

In the zone
Aww damn. Looks like we never gonna get another hybrid theory. What with shinoda speaking out against mainstream rock, i think he is a bit of a hypocrite.

setanjan123

In the zone
[MENTION=128807]Nanducob[/MENTION] Well its in the wikipedia page of The album itself. Just listened to guilty all the same. Really awful. Pointlessly heavy and the rapping was unnecessary. When heard the riff in the beginning i thought the song would be gr8 but nah!

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Most of the people I meet or know like Viking/Power/Folk metal more.
I used to like Children Of Bodom once upon a time. Then I discovered Opeth and now I am big into Progressive Metal.
[/IMG]

Viking/Power/Folk Metal are nice for starters and I too loved them (ok still love them, but not the most). Once I discovered Prog and some real Death Metal, my interests are inclining towards them. The sheer surge I feel when listening to some quality Prog/Death songs is something I didn't before.

PS: Into Mastodon nowadays. The riffs way to powerful not to increase your heart rate.

setanjan123

In the zone
Prog is a bit hard to get into i guess. Most of the bands focus too much on technical complexity. Slowly gettin into opeth n dream theater. Death metal is gr8 for headbanging bt i like melo death more

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Prog is a bit hard to get into i guess. Most of the bands focus too much on technical complexity. Slowly gettin into opeth n dream theater. Death metal is gr8 for headbanging bt i like melo death more

I started off the *growling vocal* genre with melo-death. Am still a mad listener of Norther (Do try if you haven't!), Amon Amarth. Tried insomnium couple of months ago but despite being catchy and nice, it somehow didn't stick much to me.

Give Dream Theatre some time, they are amazing and vocals are bit on the lighter side, but they produce some *epic* stuff. Try Octavarium, Change of Seasons, Count of Tuscany, Pull me under,

- - - Updated - - -

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Skyharbor's new single is finally out? Cool!

Listening to it now.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit : Oh man! That song gave me goosebumps.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=43644]nims11[/MENTION]

I suggested you some songs on Last.fm. Check them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Prog ain't so hard. Listen to The Czar by Mastodon or the stuff that [MENTION=43644]nims11[/MENTION] suggested.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Just listened to some of the songs from the new LP album. Not at all like Hybrid Theory and not very good at any measure. The first track "Keys To The Kingdom" sounds a lot like a Helmet song but nothing spectacular about it. Guilty All The Same sounds somewhat like Breaking The Habit from the album Meteora, still nothing spectacular.

I don't think this album will be very good.

Breaking The Habit is a 100X better than that new song.
This album is atleast sounding quite better than "A thousand suns" and "Living Things"

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
I started off the *growling vocal* genre with melo-death. Am still a mad listener of Norther (Do try if you haven't!), Amon Amarth. Tried insomnium couple of months ago but despite being catchy and nice, it somehow didn't stick much to me.

Give Dream Theatre some time, they are amazing and vocals are bit on the lighter side, but they produce some *epic* stuff. Try Octavarium, Change of Seasons, Count of Tuscany, Pull me under,

- - - Updated - - -

+100

Dream theatre is awesome. Real deep songs. I feel lost in their music.

And the soundstage.. One of the best i have heard.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

Listening to it now.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Prog ain't so hard. Listen to The Czar by Mastodon or the stuff that [MENTION=43644]nims11[/MENTION] suggested.

Send me the links too, man.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

Listening to it now.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Name of song??

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION]

Create an account on last.fm and add me. I keep suggesting songs to people

My profile is : Des27’s Music Profile – Users at Last.fm

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=128807]Nanducob[/MENTION],

Why are you not on last.fm yet?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION]

Create an account on last.fm and add me. I keep suggesting songs to people

My profile is : Des27’s Music Profile – Users at Last.fm

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=128807]Nanducob[/MENTION],

Why are you not on last.fm yet?
all right.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=156672]Desmond[/MENTION] : I use mp3 player to listen to songs and sometimes online radio.still don't get the idea of scribbling/last FM ,I tried installing but it didn't work :(

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Which phone do you have? If its an Android phone, you can use Simple Last.fm Scrobbler.

It will keep track of the songs that you are listening the update your profile. This way you can keep track of what you or your friends are listening to.

You can also set up scrobbling on your PC by downloading the Last.fm app.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Yeah android... I have a doubt..Suppose I install the scrobbler .Then does it post the songs I play from internet radio? Or does it have to be from the songs I store in my phone which I play in phone music player?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Depends on the service. Spotify and Grooveshark support scrobbling.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some services/apps supported : *www.last.fm/start/scrobbling?backto=/home

setanjan123

In the zone
Yeah the new album is better than the previous two! I cant comprehend how people listen to somethn like castle of glass. Guilty all same is nothing like breaking the habit. Maybe sm small parts but thats it. Hardcore LP fans make me sick. Seriously they r no better than JB or one direction fans. Most of my friends look at me in surprise when i say castle of glass(or similar song) sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Dream Theater are gr8. My fav is Octavarium

Top Bottom