All Metalheads here

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
^^post a short review after watching.I have already watched enough Gaahl documentaries (lol) .He is a sick mofo,in one documentaries when the interview er accidently asked if he leads/leader he sat there staring without any movemrnt for 3 minutes.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Not bad, it sums up the history of Extreme Metal pretty well. Begins with First Wave of Black Metal, then Grindcore, Deathmetal and Black Metal. There wasn't anything about the Gothenburg sound and I was looking forward to watching that. Gaahl's does not make another appearance and Sam and Necrobutcher (of Mayhem) patch things up (after their episode in A Headbanger's Journey). There are interviews with Tom Warrior (of Hellhammer, Celtic Frost and Triptykon), Alex Webster (of Cannibal Corpse), Mantas (of Venom), Dani Filth (of Cradle Of Filth), Necrobutcher (of Mayhem), Ihsahn (of Emperor), as well as guys from Carcass, Napalm Death, Dimmu Borgir, Enslaved, etc.

Despite this being a pretty good concise history of extreme metal, I still think it would have been better if there were separate episodes for Black Metal and Death Metal, etc. The whole thing seemed rushed in order to incorporate all the genres together. But then again, there are plenty of documentaries on youtube in case you want to learn about any genre in depth.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
At least of each genre. But then again, they were limited by the funding they got. The response to the funding was not very overwhelming and it took a long time to meet the goal. The first attempt hadn't even reached its goal on time.

- - - Updated - - -

A Slayer cartoon - Criminally Insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking back at the history of this thread. So many controversies.

Also looked like there were more active posters here in here around 2007.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
VH1 didn't allow them to make it, because its "too extreme". That is why they turned to crowdfunding.

What I am not sure if whether the episode is available to everyone or just to campaign backers.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
God bless the guy who mentioned Tristania. Awesome!!

- - - Updated - - -

Guys check out this awesome song called Shaat Din by bangladeshi metal band Aurthohin. Its lyrics are in bengali so it helps if u are bengali ull be able to connect with the song more. The song is a 28 minute prog metal masterpiece about the last seven days of a inmate who has been sentenced to death. Even if u arent bengali it doesnt matter since the song has some great riffs and some very beautiful acoustic/symphonic verses. So yeah check it out! \m/

seriously, this song is just a feeble attempt at trying to be metal. if you think some mindless bass guitar and bad drums and growling makes metal, then you need to listen to more music bro.

15mins of pure bad metal, and this song just gave me a headache. :|

no offence to you.

AFAIK, metal is non-existant in bangla.

- - - Updated - - -

i am a bengali metalhead.

- - - Updated - - -

and being a bengali [understanding bengali] helps in no way in that song.

the lyrics are so damn bad, its better to not understand it. some guys took up their guitars and drums, got inspired by the metal scene and thought "hey lets all growl and do whatevr we want with our instruments and make a long long song, coz you know metal songs are long..." :|

i got more pissed off by the lyrics than by the bad music. :evil:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think it was me : *www.digit.in/forum/chit-chat/75091-all-metalheads-here-post2112597.html#post2112597

I love the album Widows Weeds. However, the original backing vocalist (Vibeke Stene) has left the band and has been replaced by someone who, IMHO, is not as good as her. That's why I don't listen to their newer stuff much.

Can you give me the link to that Bangladeshi band? Let me hear for myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Lamb Of God dedicated this song to Mahatma Gandhi during their Bangalore gig, calling him the first Indian punk rocker.

setanjan123

In the zone
[MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION] When i posted this song i knew not everybody would like it. But the song is actually quite decent if you consider the crap churned out by the likes of Fossils, Cactus and the lot. The song aint metal,it aint even really progressive and its boring at times but its a good rock song by my standards . Cheers!

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION] When i posted this song i knew not everybody would like it. But the song is actually quite decent if you consider the crap churned out by the likes of Fossils, Cactus and the lot. The song aint metal,it aint even really progressive and its boring at times but its a good rock song by my standards . Cheers!

You do realise that i was talking about the band and not you??

Iirc, you said that song was metal. ;)

And Now that you bring up fossils, i have to say that they are really good in what they do, that being rock. Never liked cactus though...

Btw, do you know Mohiner Ghoraguli??

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Guys check out this awesome song called Shaat Din by bangladeshi metal band Aurthohin. Its lyrics are in bengali so it helps if u are bengali ull be able to connect with the song more. The song is a 28 minute prog metal masterpiece about the last seven days of a inmate who has been sentenced to death. Even if u arent bengali it doesnt matter since the song has some great riffs and some very beautiful acoustic/symphonic verses. So yeah check it out! \m/

Aaaand you termed this as a masterpiece.

Just saying.

setanjan123

In the zone
Yeah ive heard mohiner ghoraghuli. A few songs, no more. A gr8 band considering how old they are. And yes i do think the song is a masterpiece. Maybe your standards are different than mine. I really liked the song. Its quite good by bangla rock/metal standards. You dont think so then thats your opinion. Everyone has different tastes anyway. Btw whats ur fav metal genre. Mine is viking/folk metal.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Most of the people I meet or know like Viking/Power/Folk metal more.

I used to like Children Of Bodom once upon a time. Then I discovered Opeth and now I am big into Progressive Metal.

You can see my last.fm tag cloud :

*lastfm.dontdrinkandroot.net/tools/user/tagcloud/Des27/overall/upper_thumb.png

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

Yeah ive heard mohiner ghoraghuli. A few songs, no more. A gr8 band considering how old they are. And yes i do think the song is a masterpiece. Maybe your standards are different than mine. I really liked the song. Its quite good by bangla rock/metal standards. You dont think so then thats your opinion. Everyone has different tastes anyway. Btw whats ur fav metal genre. Mine is viking/folk metal.

^just saying.. :p

anyway, i dont have anyone fav metal genre. i like everything metal.. but yeah, there are a few bands whose styling i dont like.

Top Bottom