Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
finished skyrim today :tired:... YES! FINALLY! it took me like an age to complete, guess i got distracted with too many side missions...but the last part was real awesome and i played it with my saves in mah new Beast :cool: splendid visuals

No More RPGs for a couple of months now :pray:, gonna start crysis3 and metro last light from tomorrow :D

heidi2521

Padawan
Finished Overrated AAA game #46825328289632 a.k.a. Tomb Raider

+Environment Design
+Level Design
+Character Models
+Well done foliage
+Brilliant Sound Design
+RPG elements like the XP system
+Amazing Lighting
+Pacing
+Responsive Controls
+Burning Temple
+Weapon Response
+Boss Fights
±Music
±Story
±Character Development
-****ing QTEs
-Too much automation. FFS they even automated taking cover.
-Coming off the classic trilogy this game is a reboot of, optional dungeon like things were disappointing
-Exploration is largely meaningless
-Lack of actual puzzle solving
-Brain dead easy
-Short with no replay value

My final score is a 6.5/10.

A lot of style, very little substance. It impressed me when I started it but that wore off not long after. Unlike most games this game did not ramp up the awesome as the game went along by any significant amount and was significantly shorter causing me to misjudge it. The lies in the thread probably didn't help either.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You better give it a name .. I know what game you are talking about ;-) but still just edit your post and post the full form of TRA .. it's not that hard, is it ?

Hrishi

Finished Overrated AAA game #46825328289632

+Environment Design
+Level Design
+Character Models
+Well done foliage
+Brilliant Sound Design
+RPG elements like the XP system
+Amazing Lighting
+Pacing
+Responsive Controls
+Burning Temple
+Weapon Response
+Boss Fights
±Music
±Story
±Character Development
-****ing QTEs
-Too much automation. FFS they even automated taking cover.
-Coming off the classic trilogy this game is a reboot of, optional dungeon like things were disappointing
-Exploration is largely meaningless
-Lack of actual puzzle solving
-Brain dead easy
-Short with no replay value

My final score is a 6.5/10.

A lot of style, very little substance. It impressed me when I started it but that wore off not long after. Unlike most games this game did not ramp up the awesome as the game went along by any significant amount and was significantly shorter causing me to misjudge it. The lies in the thread probably didn't help either.

Are you talking about Crysis3 by any chance ??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
my bet is on Tomb Raider [ 2013 ] ;-)

About the post below : I don't think anyone is going to criticize someone if you post a feedback with the game's proper name .. it's better to give the game a name rather than not mentioning it all and make a puzzle like post and just recognizing a game by it's review does not necessarily mean that some other person has the same view but it can also mean that the reader has read similar review from the same writer before ;-)

So edit the post with the game's name .. and rest I'll handle

Last edited:

heidi2521

Padawan
You better give it a name .. I know what game you are talking about ;-) but still just edit your post and post the full form of TRA .. it's not that hard, is it ?

I don't want to name it because the last time my post had expressed the slightest hint of disappointment with a game, all hell broke loose.

I am hoping that if a person recognizes the game based on my criticism, they will be able to realize that the criticism is absolutely valid and won't start attacking me or my post by twisting and spinning what I've said or resorting to ad hominem.

In this case the risk is even higher because I had initially said that I was enjoying it more than a critically acclaimed fan favourite game from one of my favourite game developer's/publisher's tent pole franchises. FWIW, I still stand by that statement. The first few hours of this game are better than the other one. The length of this game(or lack thereof), retarded level of automation, the annoying QTEs and the like make me rate it 1.5 points lower. The only things this game did better would be the character models, foliage and pacing. The other game really reaches another level of awesomeness after the fire temple equivalent, while other than one or two standout set pieces this game doesn't really achieve that.

I followed a similar line of reasoning in the post simulpraising Ni No Kuni and criticising another critically acclaimed AAA game.

Are you talking about Crysis3 by any chance ??

I don't play games I know I won't enjoy.

my bet is on Tomb Raider Anniversary ;-)

Close enough, but there is a difference in between a remake and reboot. For some reason I think I would find it hard to be disappointed by remade optional tombs from the first game.

gameranand

Living to Play
Started Portal and now near completion of it. I am on level 18 now and just have to take that damn Cube to open the door, though I have no idea how I would do it but I know I can do it.
Please don't ask why I am playing this game so late. I actually tried to play it many times but every time my system will create some problem so that I have to reinstall and ultimately this game would be paused.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
started playing grid 2 .. now the arcade control and gameplay feels better than the previous title and I'mj really linking this one ;-)

heidi2521

Padawan
Accidentally deleted my main save in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 instead of the file I had created to experiment in. :banghead::banghead::banghead: . I'll have to unlock Anna's ending, Bob's ending, Alisa's ending, Devil Jin's ending, Xaioyu's ending, Panda's ending and Unknown all over again :(

Oh well, at least Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is one of the few games I give a 10/10 so I won't have to do anything I don't enjoy to get those again.

@topgear: edited. I did face attacks for openly criticizing The Last of Us, Uncharted and for saying that GTA IV is overrated. The Tomb Raider thread should speak for itself.

I may or may not have a particularly scathing review of a certain PS3 exclusive coming ;)

I'm preparing to decimate a Wii U exclusive too.

Finished Mass Effect 1 :) . I wont be playing 2 and 3 . This game is very demanding !

Try Fallout: New Vegas then.

Top Bottom