Xperia Z or Xperia ZL!!! Plz Help..

Empirial

Youngling
Well, randomuser got me right regarding optimus g being outdated...
in fact i really liked the optimus g but just coz of the screen res i decided to go for z/zl.

You can spot the difference between 720p & 1080p Mobile Display? Bhai saab aapki Aankhen hai ya Microscope :D

randomuser111

Technomancer
Well, randomuser got me right regarding optimus g being outdated...
in fact i really liked the optimus g but just coz of the screen res i decided to go for z/zl..
@randomuser111: Well i am really inclined towards zl coz of the IR blaster and the physical camera button...
Do you think z is better than zl aprt frm the fact that its water resistant.

just build quality and water resistance

OP
A

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
@red dragon: good that u can read English, but I actually did take a demo of butterfly at one of the stores and the moment I saw its yellowish screen(personal opinion) and its longish body coupled with a feminine name(personal opinion again) and over the sky pricing, I decided not to go for that. Personally I don't find a point in spending 45k for an htc when I can get iphone5 for 43k(as I already own iphone 4).So I find xperia z/zl a better value for money option.
@empirial: well as I am already using iphone 4 which has a superb scrren with a 326ppi count(I don't remember the exact figure), so I don't find anything special with optimus G's 318ppi screen. So yes I would like to have a fon with 1080p screen with a 44oppi count if I can when its easily available around the same price.
@cooldude94: Well i never said anywhere that I xperia screen is better than htc one/butterfly. If you are going that way then lets also bring iphone5 into the picture coz everyone know that its got a superb camera performance coupled with a classic OS that can easliy beat all the htcs easliy.

The point I am trying to make is that I don't find any point in spending 43k-45k for a phone that marginally better than other phones in the market for 34k-37k. If the same htc phones were made available for around the same pricing as of sony and LG then i would have surely went with the htc one.What htc does provide in the same price range is outdated already(OneX+ with a gig ram and 312ppi screen priced at 36k).Over that I have not seen very good service response from HTC, one of the reasons for htc's decline in the market.Try to find a htc shop or even a shop keeping all htc phones and you will know then,maybe even LG has more stores than htc.At least thats what I have found in east delhi/noida/ghaziabad side where I live.

So plz I would like to know which one you guys consider from z/zl.
Thanx

randomuser111

Technomancer
Okay here are the main differences. You decide yourself

ZL is smaller than Z overall, Z is thinner

ZL has 720p HD front camera, Z has 1080p front camera

ZL has 2370mAh battery, Z has 2400mAh battery

ZL has plastic back, Z has glass back

ZL has louder speaker

ZL has a camera shutter key, Z does not.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd suggest you to buy nothing. You're completely right about spending 40-43K on a phone being meaningless. If I had to buy one of those 43K phones, I'd let a couple of months pass for prices to go down.

Personally speaking HTC One is a beauty but...... I find SenseUI repulsive. I'd have purchased Xperia Z over it. Screen criticism doesn't apply to my usage as I always keep brightness to the minimum level (except outdoors) to save battery life. All screens tend to look same at low brightness. The only thing which could matter about screen is sunlight legibility. GSMArena criticised Xperia Z's screen's viewing angles, but everyone keeps the mobile phone right in front to use it. No one keeps their phone flat on a table to watch a video. "Angle" never comes into play for a mobile for all practical purposes. It's not a TV or a computer monitor.

Thought I must say, battery life of Xperia Z sucks and the Samsung soapbar overall is the best phone among the three. Sad but true.

PS: You won't go "wrong" with any of the flagship phones from HTC, Sony and Samsung. All three of them are good. Just prioritise on what you want. tbh, if I had to buy an Android phone, it will only be a Nexus.
Optimus G outdated OMG :lol: rofl:
Please don't make "OMG lol rofl" posts in future. They add nothing to the discussion. :)

aroraanant

Explorer
(OneX+ with a gig ram and 312ppi screen priced at 36k)
It is now available for only 27k.
Over that I have not seen very good service response from HTC
Well I have a very a good experience with them, I even wrote about the same in the RMA section, you can have a look if you want.
Try to find a htc shop or even a shop keeping all htc phones and you will know then,maybe even LG has more stores than htc.At least thats what I have found in east delhi/noida/ghaziabad side where I live.
There are ample no. of shops in that area, in Laxmi Nagar(East Delhi) there are uncountable shops which keeps HTC phones.And there are many shops in Atta market in Noida which have a good stock of HTC phones.If you are living in that area then I think you must be aware about the fact.

Okay here are the main differences. You decide yourself

ZL is smaller than Z overall, Z is thinner

ZL has 720p HD front camera, Z has 1080p front camera

ZL has 2370mAh battery, Z has 2400mAh battery

ZL has plastic back, Z has glass back

ZL has louder speaker

ZL has a camera shutter key, Z does not.

That would be of great help to many.Thanks for sharing.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Please don't make "OMG lol rofl" posts in future. They add nothing to the discussion. :)

Redditizing TDF eh? j/k :rofl:

@OP: If you still think both phones are on par, then try to jot down your requirements (i.e. don't compare feature set, see which of the two phones allow you to do everything you would almost certainly do ). If both phones meet the requirements, then there are two ways to choose: 1. The cheaper option 2. the better looking option

No question that ZL wins 1 (by a relatively small margin) but 2 is more about personal preference.

I personally like the Z more than ZL but I think the two phones are too big and too thin. Maybe I just like the heft and thickness provided by my N8, lol.

So, [provided both phones meet your requirements] if you want to save $$ take ZL or if that is not of any concern then take whichever one looks better to you :)

I hope this helps!

red dragon

Master troll
@red dragon: good that u can read English, but I actually did take a demo of butterfly at one of the stores and the moment I saw its yellowish screen(personal opinion) and its longish body coupled with a feminine name(personal opinion again) and over the sky pricing, I decided not to go for that. Personally I don't find a point in spending 45k for an htc when I can get iphone5 for 43k(as I already own iphone 4).So I find xperia z/zl a better value for money option.
My last post was not directed at you,it was for randomuser.
I just wanted to point out that Z/ZL's screen is not even comparable to Butterfly.Even I do not like Butterfly(apart from the screen) and it's outrageous pricing.But Z/ZL is worse in every aspect.

OP
A

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
@randomuser: i believe u got some points wrong there
afaik both z and zl have 1080p front camera as per gsmarena.
and z has 2330mAh battery not 2400mAh

@aroraanant: well I stay in vaishali but i go to atta for mobile purchases, i roamed around the whole market and found maybe 2-3 shops who have htc phones and that also not the complete collection just 2-3 models and if v ask for a particular model they will immediately show us something from a diff brand.. I even went to the jumbo and reliance store in gip and even they dont have any htc phones.
i was able to find one shop which had both ox+and butterfly but i was able to take a demo of butterfly coz the shop owner owned one...

well maybe i will go and take 1 more demo of all the phones and then decide..

randomuser111

Technomancer
@randomuser: i believe u got some points wrong there
afaik both z and zl have 1080p front camera as per gsmarena.
and z has 2330mAh battery not 2400mAh

LOL. It's GSMArena who is wrong, not me. The Sony logo in my avatar should at least tell you something ;)

Read the whitepaper of Z and ZL on Sony Mobile website, ZL has 720p front cam and 2370mAh battery. Z has 1080p front camera and 2400mAh battery

Superayush

Tech lover
LOL. It's GSMArena who is wrong, not me. The Sony logo in my avatar should at least tell you something ;)

Read the whitepaper of Z and ZL on Sony Mobile website, ZL has 720p front cam and 2370mAh battery. Z has 1080p front camera and 2400mAh battery

Make believe o_O btw xperia Z a good buy now or better to wait more (whenever I think I gonna buy a device a new rumored better device is on the talks and it goes on and on cant decide what to buy which can I say as good enough for long time)

Superayush

Tech lover
Lol and then after 2-3 months Z2 comes mindfuc*** anyways probably after some years technology growth will become stabilized.

OP
A

abhilashthobias

Journeyman
@randomuser: well I checked the white paper also, the front cam is mentioned as 1080p for both. Regarding the battery, they have 2400mAh(TYPICAL) and 2330mAh(MIN) for z and 2370mAh(TYPICAL) and 2300mAh(MIN). I don't understand what this typical and minimum means here. Actually that is very strange as each and every review and comparisons that I have checked online mentions what I told u earlier. But this is something different and if the battery on z is really 2400mAh then why is Sony telling everyone it is 2330mAh? btw which xperia do u own which one will u choose among z and zl?and why?

randomuser111

Technomancer
I would choose the Z based on design alone :)

Typical means the standard capacity whereas minimum is the minimum guaranteed capacity. It is Sony policy to market minimum capacity instead of standard capacity. But in reality the battery is 2400mAh capacity most of the times.

Galaxy S4 vs Xperia Z screen comparison

richartrick

Right off the assembly line
Guys...Planning to buy a new phone...stuck between xperia z or xperia zl....liked xperia z for the water resistance.....xperia zl coz of IR blaster and better screen(reportedly in many reviews)...only thing I dnt like abt xperia z is the heating issues....and since I use my fon a lot I am not sure how much problems will I have coz of that....is xperia zl better than xperia z or they basically the same apart from the water resistance? Plz help!!!!

The highlight of xperia z phone is it is a "bath-friendly" phone. Sony Xpaeria Z is water resistant and can survive for 30 minutes in one meter of water. Definitely good news for those who bundle their phones in plastic at the mere sight of water!

Top Bottom