We are going under a revamp.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
New sections for troubleshooting/discussions introduced. Buying and troubleshooting/discussion sections are different. Please take note of this.

Got a few reports regarding everyone posting their problems in a single thread related to Graphic cards. Hence the new sections. yea, I'll fine tune them.

Now when you go to the Advance Reply box, you should see buttons for YouTube and Strike Through.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
We're having community contributors now but I am seeing most of them are beginning to be "lengthy" with lot of obligatory pics. Its good but I think we need to have page break option in guides and review section or else people will loose interest just by seeing a lengthy post. Besides, some of them have slower internet. Loading 12-25 pics at the same page despite being "light" would most probably make them NOT to read the content. At the end of the day that what we contributors look at- more readers.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
We're having community contributors now but I am seeing most of them are beginning to be "lengthy" with lot of obligatory pics. Its good but I think we need to have page break option in guides and review section or else people will loose interest just by seeing a lengthy post. Besides, some of them have slower internet. Loading 12-25 pics at the same page despite being "light" would most probably make them NOT to read the content. At the end of the day that what we contributors look at- more readers.
Agreed on that. But it requires a plugin installation which isn't in my hands.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Component | Make | Price
Processor|Intel Core 2 Duo E7400|4.5k
RAM|Kingston 1*2GB DDR2 800Mhz|2k
Hard Disk|Seagate 120GB SATA|1.2k
| Total | 7.7k

Krow

Crowman
^Me likes. :)

Could you add more options to the quick reply box? Like the table and spoiler options maybe?

Forum seems pretty fast! Whoa!

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Maybe this? [v.4.5] MARCO1 Advanced Quick Reply - Advanced Quick Edit - With Smiles!! - vBulletin.org Forum

Or this? AdvanceReply For QuickReply - vBulletin.org Forum

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
For vBulletin 3.8.x. ;)

Anyways, I can't download from that site as I'm not the one who owns this forum. :)

Krow

Crowman
^Can't find :(

Advanced Quick Reply Version: 2.0.0 - vB 3.8.X Addons and Template Modifications

How is that?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think we should be a little bit environment friendly and use a black theme which saves ebergy so how about changing the forum theme to this :

Black Head - can be freely downloaded from that website.
Preview - Black Head - themesBase.com

Got this concept from here :
Blackle - Energy Saving Search
Blackle. Google Custom Search. 2334889.603 Watt hours saved

Blackle was created by Heap Media to remind us all of the need to take small steps in our everyday lives to save energy. Blackle searches are powered by Google Custom Search.

Blackle saves energy because the screen is predominantly black. "Image displayed is primarily a function of the user's color settings and desktop graphics, as well as the color and size of open application windows; a given monitor requires more power to display a white (or light) screen than a black (or dark) screen." Roberson et al, 2002

In January 2007 a blog post titled Black Google Would Save 750 Megawatt-hours a Year proposed the theory that a black version of the Google search engine would save a fair bit of energy due to the popularity of the search engine. Since then there has been skepticism about the significance of the energy savings that can be achieved and the cost in terms of readability of black web pages.

We believe that there is value in the concept because even if the energy savings are small, they all add up. Secondly we feel that seeing Blackle every time we load our web browser reminds us that we need to keep taking small steps to save energy.
About Blackle - Energy Saving Search

Now as many of us spends a large amount of time in here changing the forum theme to black will save a large amount of power and it will show our effort to keep the world green.

Guys post your feedback about this - it would be one of many steps we can start to save our world and environment.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
^^ Black saves energy in CRTs. With LCD screens which most of us now have, there is hardly any difference.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Ico, when do we get at least 1x more them, so we have an option. Tired of being Hobson.
There is a problem. The drop down menu for choosing themes is broken because of the way advertisements on the right are implemented. I'll show you. Wait. :)

After I enable the option of choosing styles:
*img215.imageshack.us/img215/6630/snapshot12.png

The forum looks like this:
*img403.imageshack.us/img403/3344/snapshot13b.th.png

The menu actually doesn't even show up at the bottom and enabling it changes the whole look.

OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Suggest me a simple yet good looking free vBulletin 3.8.x theme here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/community-discussions/133576-suggestions-new-lite-theme.html

It should have no frills and should be fluid (full width) just like the current theme and Kirsch (the one we had earlier).

Top Bottom