Two girls arrested for anti-Thackeray Facebook post

roady

Digital Marketer
So there are 2 problems now.

1) Kapil Sibal wanting to control the Internet in India
2) Indian IT laws are so fragile; open for abuse / various interpretations and what not. And it's Kapil Sibal who has to work on this... -.-

^come to Maharashtra then talk ;-)
yea? I have a lot of mumbai friends on my facebook and a LOT of them have openly (public posts) expressed their views AGAINST these 2 girls-case, and some, on thackeray.
Sometimes I feel happy to have such people. Who aren't trapped by dogma.

Anyway, dude, what I meant was - there are some people who are brave enough to express their views and live in Mumbai. That's all :)

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Very sad and upsetting news indeed. Are we living in Afghanistan? Indian IT laws need to be abolished. You post a cartoon and you go to jail. Post the same on news paper or TV, nobody will dare to arrest you.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
And there've been several arrests before too.. but this one was over-hyped by media.

The Same Journalists who've been wanting strong IT Laws and want many tweeples behind the bars for criticizing & exposing their corrupt practices are showing hypocritical outrage over this incident. For incidence, Barkha Dutt

Recently Karthi PC (Son of P. Chidambaram) got a person arrested for tweeting "Got Reports that Karthi has amassed more wealth than Vadra".

Arresting was totally uncalled for. And arresting for like is even more retarded.

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Does freedom of speech involves talking trash/hurting feelings of a particular community?if yes then i could talk sh!t about anybody.

Your post hurts my "feelings". Go to the nearest police station and surrender. :lol: :lol:

Seriously wtf? Your feeling are hurt? Go block that FB/Twatter user (it's a retarded platform anyway). Or report them. And there was nothing to be "hurt about" in this incident in anycase.

Could understand if posts are inflammatory, racist, xenophobic, etc. But wow. And as far as hurt comments is concerned, Shiv Sena netas proclaiming their late leader as "God" can also be potentially termed as "offensive" to hardcore followers of the Abrahmic faiths. How about arresting them, they like have potentially "hurt" millions of Indians, a number lot more than Shiv Sena sympathetizers. :lol:

India could be a lot better without these bigoted vandals, they are no more than terrorist organisations in my opinion. (INB4ARRESTED)

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Does freedom of speech involves talking trash/hurting feelings of a particular community?if yes then i could talk sh!t about anybody.

Nope. But this IMHO is a case of speaking out a plain opinion and being punished for it.
If innocuous differences of opinion like this are curbed, then the day is not far when somebody would be arrested just for refusing to believe in god or or follow a religion or something similarly nonsensical.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Nope. But this IMHO is a case of speaking out a plain opinion and being punished for it.
If innocuous differences of opinion like this are curbed, then the day is not far when somebody would be arrested just for refusing to believe in god or or follow a religion or something similarly nonsensical.

For not attending someone's call too, maybe. :lol:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
the arrest was stupid, people's reaction was about right... what do you expect.. LOL.. angry ppl, disheartened ppl and finally mainacs ..

however the girl is massivly retarted.. first she should not make dumb comments..
then second she should not insult a person that just died.. i mean WTF.. seriously ????? have some respect..

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
then second she should not insult a person that just died.. i mean WTF.. seriously ????? have some respect..

Did you show respect to terrorists involved in Mumbai attacks? Did you refrained from insulting just because they are dead?

Note to sainiks: Not comparing Mr. Bal Thakrey to terrorists at all, just saying insulting a dead man is no crime.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
the arrest was stupid, people's reaction was about right... what do you expect.. LOL.. angry ppl, disheartened ppl and finally mainacs ..

however the girl is massivly retarted.. first she should not make dumb comments..

?

What dumb comment? What insult? Just because a person died, you can't criticize the person? Did you show respect to Osama Bin Laden when he died? Trust me he had lot more supporters than the late Shiv Sena leader.

Show me what's exactly "retarded" they did. Nothing what I've read seems retarded. Your post is though.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Your post hurts my "feelings". Go to the nearest police station and surrender. :lol: :lol:

Seriously wtf? Your feeling are hurt? Go block that FB/Twatter user (it's a retarded platform anyway). Or report them. And there was nothing to be "hurt about" in this incident in anycase.

Could understand if posts are inflammatory, racist, xenophobic, etc. But wow. And as far as hurt comments is concerned, Shiv Sena netas proclaiming their late leader as "God" can also be potentially termed as "offensive" to hardcore followers of the Abrahmic faiths. How about arresting them, they like have potentially "hurt" millions of Indians, a number lot more than Shiv Sena sympathetizers. :lol:

India could be a lot better without these bigoted vandals, they are no more than terrorist organisations in my opinion. (INB4ARRESTED)

im not a shivsena supporter but it seems like you dont know what 'hurt' means.Some people like mr thackrey,others dont.And there is no excuse for posting these kind of comments when that person is already dead and the whole supporters are mourning.Atleast show some respect to the dead.

So when he died,that candy assed ***** opened her **** mouth and told the whole world that people like him have to die dialy.is that what we say when someone dies?--and some people actually supports her..And when they asked for an apology,later,she denied.what kind of behaviour is that?
Though,i condemn the violence and happenings to her friend,clinic etc ...oh and her...

?

What dumb comment? What insult? Just because a person died, you can't criticize the person? Did you show respect to Osama Bin Laden when he died? Trust me he had lot more supporters than the late Shiv Sena leader.

Show me what's exactly "retarded" they did. Nothing what I've read seems retarded. Your post is though.
like Mr Thackrey blowed the twin towers with the american airlines..whoa

Flash

Lost in speed
So when he died,that candy assed ***** opened her **** mouth and told the whole world that people like him have to die dialy.is that what we say when someone dies?--and some people actually supports her..And when they asked for an apology,later,she denied.what kind of behaviour is that?

She SHOUL'VE meant "there are so many people (including the greatest of greatest) who were born and die daily, why one should observe a nation-wide bandh".. We don't know whether the bandh is called really "to show support to their late leader" or "the fear of locals, who thought they will get into trouble by SS's people when their stores are open"; The words here played the twist.

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
im not a shivsena supporter but it seems like you dont know what 'hurt' means.Some people like mr thackrey,others dont.And there is no excuse for posting these kind of comments when that person is already dead and the whole supporters are mourning.Atleast show some respect to the dead.
I am not an Osama supporter and some people like Osama and most (sane) don't. In your vein there is no excuse for posting "those kind of posts" to Osama. :lol:

Though,i condemn the violence and happenings to her friend,clinic etc ...oh and her...
People like him die daily. I will die one day too, so will you. But the whole infrastructure doesn't come to halt. Like it or not, we have our daily lives. He is dead, may be rest in peace, but the whole "bandh" is pointless. Even if the person is a "Gandhi".
And mind your language, infracted.

Of course she will deny, the Shiv Sena terrorists attacked her relative's hospital. We all care for our own safety. You would have done the same.

like Mr Thackrey blowed the twin towers with the american airlines..whoa
Mate you're thick. Where did I compare them? (see Nipun). Only point being "respecting who is dead" and "amount of supporters". That's a joke.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
For the love of god, I am not calling him even "bad", god forbid as bad as Bin Laden. And no I am neither comparing him to Gandhi.

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy

Everyone has the right to criticize anyone (dead, alive, whatever). As long as it's not racist/xenophobic, defamatory or discriminatory. It's a pity Free Speech in India is a myth.

Flash

Lost in speed
In Election times, both ruling & opposing party leaders criticize each other.
Where the heck was "Freedom of Speech" on that times!!

Top Bottom