Two girls arrested for anti-Thackeray Facebook post

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Mumbai: Police under fire for girls' arrest over anti- Thackeray FB post- Maharashtra- IBNLive

and

*ibnlive.in.com/news/antithackeray-...-girls-arrest-was-justified/306375-3-237.html

Hrishi

I heard that some guy was arrested due to his offensive post against chidumbudum's son on twitter as well.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This article has the complete message posted by that girl :
The Hindu : States / Other States : 'Mumbai shuts down due to fear, not respect'

“With all respect, every day, thousands of people die, but still the world moves on. Just due to one politician died a natural death, everyone just goes bonkers. They should know, we are resilient by force, not by choice. When was the last time, did anyone showed some respect or even a two-minute silence for Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Azad, Sukhdev or any of the people because of whom we are free-living Indians? Respect is earned, given, and definitely not forced. Today, Mumbai shuts down due to fear, not due to respect.”

Which is actually true.

Flash

Lost in speed
I heard that some guy was arrested due to his offensive post against chidumbudum's son on twitter as well.

Yes. But that guy din't apologise for what he tweeted. Moreover, lots of ppl supported him.
The only problem in the girl's post is its Facebook. If she could've posted that in twitter, she would've atleast got supporters.

Hrishi

Well At least they shouldn't have arrested the other girl who liked the comment. !!! Doesn't makes sense.

Flash

Lost in speed
But this is at the extreme.
I think, its the political pressure of Sainks to the Police Dept., that made the arrest.

gameranand

Living to Play
This is ridiculous. She didn't even wrote any offensive thing in that post. All the things she wrote were true and presented quite humbly. India is now becoming Egypt and Irak.

Flash

Lost in speed
The Shiv Sena's Thane rural chief has defended the police action of arresting two girls for a Facebook post on late Shiv Sena founder Bal Thackeray. He has also said any comments against Bal Thackeray will not be tolerated. "Balasaheb Thackeray is our God. We will not tolerate any offensive comments against him. No Shiv Sainik and no Marathi Manoos will remain silent. The police knows who was behind the Facebook comment. The arrest is justified," Rural District Head, Shiv Sena, Thane, Prabhakar Raul, said.

Activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal tweeted, "Police officers who arrested the two girls in Mumbai shud be immediately dismissed. That's minimum that the govt ought to do.(sic)" Activist Kiran Bedi also said, "The complaint was wrong, Magistrate was wrong, the police were equally wrong."

Earlier on Monday, Press Council of India chief and former Supreme Court judge Justice Markandey Katju wrote to Maharashtra Chief Minister Chavan demanding action against the policemen. In his letter, he called the arrest absurd, wrongful and a criminal act.

He said, "We are living in a democracy, not a fascist dictatorship. I request you to immediately order the suspension, arrest, chargesheeting and criminal prosecution of the police personnel (however high they may be) who ordered as well as implemented the arrest of that woman."

*www.moneycontrol.com/news/current-...-sena-says-girls-arrest-justified_784788.html

At least, they are getting SUPPORTs now!!

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Hurt feelings? Its just expressing one's views. BTW Shiv Sainiks did attack her uncle's clinic, proof that they're violent all the time. (yea, arrest me for this :rolleyes:)
Saw on TV Kapil Sibbal is also supporting them. Wasn't he the one who wanted FB to be censored? The world is full of ironies!

Flash

Lost in speed
^come to Maharashtra then talk ;-)

Those girls are from Mumbai, and that's why they're arrested.
Thats where the problem lies.

Whatif the girl posted that comment from say, UK or US and her entire family is over there?
In my guess, a couple of warnings & none would've happened!!

Top Bottom