TUTORIAL: Add "INSERT" Option in CD Drive Context Menu !

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Oh Great Registry Hacker!! :D I tried out your method and its great!! I would like to know one thing. Is there a method to put the Insert option, just below Eject? That would be much easier wouldn't it? I had read some registry hacks where you can position text doing the same function where we want in the pop-up when we right-click. In case you come to know, please do let us know. I will also be on a look out for that ;)

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx buddy! :)
But there is no way to re-arrange the option in the menu coz windows automatically arrange these options ;)
Yes! u can re-arrange the default options by using Resource Hacker but bcoz we added this "Insert" option manually so there is no way to place it acc. to our requirements :D

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Vishal Gupta said:
thnx buddy! :)
But there is no way to re-arrange the option in the menu coz windows automatically arrange these options ;)
Yes! u can re-arrange the default options by using Resource Hacker but bcoz we added this "Insert" option manually so there is no way to place it acc. to our requirements :D

If you could put up that tutorial as well, that would be much appreciated. Thanks again :)

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
:evil: VISHAL I HAVE A PROBLEM WHEN EVER I LOAD MY VISTA THEME AFTER SYSTEM RESTART THE THEME IS DISABLE AND WHEN I OPEN APPEARENCE BOX THERE IS NO THEME PREVIEW

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ I can't understand what r u talking about :(

@phreak0utt
U can open any file, like Shell32.dll in resource hacker and then in MENU, u can just move the lines up/down acc. to ur requirements ;)
e.g., if u want to move Refresh above Arrange Icons, then just open that particular menu of Shell32.dll and cut the "Refresh" line and paste it above of "Arrange Icons" line :)

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Vishal Gupta said:
^^ I can't understand what r u talking about :(

@phreak0utt
U can open any file, like Shell32.dll in resource hacker and then in MENU, u can just move the lines up/down acc. to ur requirements ;)
e.g., if u want to move Refresh above Arrange Icons, then just open that particular menu of Shell32.dll and cut the "Refresh" line and paste it above of "Arrange Icons" line :)

:evil: 1-the vista theme which i downloaded from your thread there is problem occuring with it is that whenever i applied the theme as current theme it just there as the system is on and the moment i restart my system it disappear and the default theme is automatically applied,in the properties>>display properties>>appearence-all the options are blanks,no theme preview so tell what the hell wrong with my system and plz tell me the way to manage and solve this problem bro.
2-second thing i wanna ask you is how to disable the user/password window which appear during login the system everytime,i want to switch it off permanently.
3-in the run when i put control user 2 so it runs but the adminstration box does not appear why?

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
1.) Try to patch uxtheme.dll file, run the UXTheme Patcher.
2.) Type control userpasswords2 in RUN dialog box, now uncheck the option users must enter usernames & password to use thic computer.
3.) Administrator account is hidden by default.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx for ur comments guys! :)

PS: This trick is also working in Vista. I'm currently using it in my Vista RTM without any problem. ;)

tnemeth

Right off the assembly line
Hey, does anyone know how to get this to work in Vista 64 bit. Works great on my XP machine, would love to have it on my x64 machine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom