The Windows 8 Thread

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
The Windows Photo Viewer in W8 has Less SlideShow Option than the Windows Photo Viewer in W7. how to get back w7 photo viewer??

Gollum

Collector
why the heck is windows photo viewer so slow? Does anyone have a clue? I mean it takes ages[10 to 30 seconds] to open a photo. And each photo that is. any source, be it on HDD or external HDd, flash drives are even slower and phone is a snail.

amjath

Human Spambot
The Windows Photo Viewer in W8 has Less SlideShow Option than the Windows Photo Viewer in W7. how to get back w7 photo viewer??

I dont know how to get back but I suggest Irfanview you ll get more slideshow options

why the heck is windows photo viewer so slow? Does anyone have a clue? I mean it takes ages[10 to 30 seconds] to open a photo. And each photo that is. any source, be it on HDD or external HDd, flash drives are even slower and phone is a snail.

Try this solution, it might help cause I tried it once
Windows Photo Viewer is insanely SLOW! Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums

gameranand

Living to Play
I noticed that there are buttload of software and games that don't run on Win 8 directly. I have to use the compatibility tab and run them as Windows 7. Seriously MS your latest OS don't support even the last OS you released.

lohaniabhishek

Right off the assembly line
Hi. I am facing delay problem with my windows 8 dell inspiron15R laptop.
when i try to open to the task manager it takes about 30 seconds to open.
My system specs are intel core i5, 4GB RAM, 1TB hard disk, 1.80Ghz clock and 2GB graphics...
plz help

^^ Try creating a slipstream installation. It will install all the updates while installing Windows. There are even methods to slipstream your drivers/softwares etc too. Google is your teacher :)
Another method is to use some software like WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection
I had used Windows Download integrator in a lot of Windows 7 installations. Seems it supports Win 8 too now. During the time of XP, there was something called nlite(?) which did the same job and also allowed many other features.

Thanks. I was searching for same.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's windows 8.1 Build 9471 :

Windows 8.1 RTM leak reveals major changes to reduce hatred from first-time users | ExtremeTech

andy_65_in

Padawan
i just instaleed an update in my adobe flash player 11 plugin and after that my pdf files in my downlaod were nt accesible-whats the reasom.im using win 8.ialso have adobe shockplayer 11.6 installed.do i ave to again downlaod some software to read pdf files

i just instaleed an update in my adobe flash player 11 plugin and after that my pdf files in my downlaod were nt accesible-whats the reasom.im using win 8.ialso have adobe shockplayer 11.6 installed.do i ave to again downlaod some software to read pdf files

you need adobe reader or some other PDF-viewer for opening PDF files. Flash and shockwave have nothing to do with pdf files.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

try to open the pdfs in Google Chrome if you have it.

andy_65_in

Padawan
luffy i am using gogle chrome only-but the files wont open now.what should i download. im using win 8 64 bit.i downloaded foxit butwithout some google chrome compatible component and it also failed so i uninstalled foxit.what should i do

Last edited:
Finally, october 18 is the official launch date for windows 8.1 (Windows 8.1 will launch on October 18th, available a day earlier on Windows Store | The Verge)

Top Bottom