The Windows 8 Thread

andy_65_in

Padawan
it still says auto maint delayed will be run in next schedule or u can run maint now.however when i run it it takes a huge time-it als has a setting for daily maint and even a setting which says allow schedule maint 2 wake up my computer at that ti,e what shud i do.ignore the maint or what
- hi folks can anyone help me-the action centre still says some maintainence problem.it also has a option of turning off messages abt auto maint-what shud i do- i mean i dont want the laptop 2 develop any problems-hence the query

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
- hi folks can anyone help me-the action centre still says some maintainence problem.it also has a option of turning off messages abt auto maint-what shud i do- i mean i dont want the laptop 2 develop any problems-hence the query

can you post a screenshot?

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ Which one worked - the automated phone activation or call the customer care representative?

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
Guys, I'm seriously screwed! The thing is I'm into editing and now I hit upon Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro (used Corel Draw before of course). But both these softwares don't work on a 32-bit OS and I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. Should I buy Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8? And btw, I will be playing old and new games which might even seldom include Prototype, Prototype 2 and Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer. Otherwise, all the latest games. Also, just inform me if CoD4 multiplayer works fine (with xFire) on Windows 8? Plzz guys, help me. I literally feel miserable not being able to use those softwares for editing mainly because I have used a lot of Premiere Pro in my school for a competition and I need it badly.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
CS4 versions are available in x86 flavors.

if you plan on going for later versions, then yes, you need a x64 OS.

Win 8 is a LOT more optimised. a LOT. its faster, smoother.

but Win 7 is also good.

Take your pick.

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
I forgot to mention one thing. I have an 8 gig ram and 32 bit dosen't let me use it all. So that provides me an incentive to actually upgrade. Also please tell if the games I mentioned in my last post will work properly on Windows 8 or not.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I forgot to mention one thing. I have an 8 gig ram and 32 bit dosen't let me use it all. So that provides me an incentive to actually upgrade. Also please tell if the games I mentioned in my last post will work properly on Windows 8 or not.

if you had 8gb ram, then you should've installed a 64 bit os in the first place. i think the key for 32 bit installation should work for 64 bit installation of same os.

download MSDN iso of 64 bit version of your os and use that. no need to buy another key. use the phone activation method if the online method doesn't works.

chintan786

In the zone
Hi Friends,

recently bought new lappy having Win 8. Every time i about to shutdown it asks for installing win updates. wants to know how i stop my lappy downloading win updates automatically.

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
What is the point of actually changing a 32 bit Win 7 to a 64 bit Win 7? Can't I change it to Win 8 64 bit? What I am mainly asking is, will those games I mentioned work in Windows 8?

Gollum

Collector
What is the point of actually changing a 32 bit Win 7 to a 64 bit Win 7? Can't I change it to Win 8 64 bit? What I am mainly asking is, will those games I mentioned work in Windows 8?

you need 64bit OS to utilize RAM more that 4gb. If you are on a 32bit OS, you would not make full use of the ram and will be a waste of money. There may be compatibility issues with win8 when it comes to old games but the new ones should not have any problems.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

also AFAIK know 32 bit apps have 2GB memory limitation but many software and games now comes with 64 bit executables so if you run such apps on 64 bit windows they will function better.

Top Bottom