The Windows 8 Thread

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
So, my faulty motherboard was replaced with a new one of the same model (Asus F1-A75), now Windows prompts me to activate again and when I used online activation it won't activate saying the key is already being used in another computer. Will the Phone activate option work? What should I do if it doesn't work?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
luffy i am using gogle chrome only-but the files wont open now.what should i download. im using win 8 64 bit.i downloaded foxit butwithout some google chrome compatible component and it also failed so i uninstalled foxit.what should i do

Ok, what version of Chrome are you using? I'm using V27.0.1453.116 m.

Update chrome if you have any version below V25.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the latest stable version of chrome is 28.0.1500.72 and it's always better to keep the browser updated to the latest version .. anyway, andy_65_in has fixed his issue with the pdf files.

gameranand

Living to Play
Its a lot trouble to run GFWL games on Win 8. You always have to run the setup in compatibility mode or game will give errors while executing. :|

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I tried the phone activation several times. After entering the 9 sets of code displayed on the activation page, the IVRS prompts to 'hold the line while we retrieve the activation data' and then the call terminates instantly.:-x Guys any suggestions?

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I tried the phone activation several times. After entering the 9 sets of code displayed on the activation page, the IVRS prompts to 'hold the line while we retrieve the activation data' and then the call terminates instantly.:-x Guys any suggestions?

try with UK/US toll free number

Don't try with phone activation. CAll microsoft on the toll-free number nad select the option which says to tack to representative. tell them about the motherboard replacement. They will ask you the key and will provide you with the phone activation code.

andy_65_in

Padawan
it still says auto maint delayed will be run in next schedule or u can run maint now.however when i run it it takes a huge time-it als has a setting for daily maint and even a setting which says allow schedule maint 2 wake up my computer at that ti,e what shud i do.ignore the maint or what

Last edited:

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Don't try with phone activation. CAll microsoft on the toll-free number nad select the option which says to tack to representative. tell them about the motherboard replacement. They will ask you the key and will provide you with the phone activation code.

Nothing works. When I select technical support option, IVRS says the business hours is between 9am -9pm and to call during this time. Then the call ends with a thank you. Can somebody do it for me. I will pm the activation code.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Nothing works. When I select technical support option, IVRS says the business hours is between 9am -9pm and to call during this time. Then the call ends with a thank you. Can somebody do it for me. I will pm the activation code.

i will give it a try. Give me the set of numbers and us/uk toll free number.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
odd compatibility issues of Avast IS with Win 8.

Black screen after boot.

needed to disable Behavioural Shield.

Top Bottom