The Windows 8 Thread

gameranand

Living to Play
OK here is a question. I have started using this OS and the description panel which was present in Windows in the bottom area of the Explorer is no more so how do I see the size, resolution etc of images when I am viewing them in very large mode. Please don't tell me to hover the mouse and see or seeing the properties, Is there any way to get that Description Bar back or not ??

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
OK here is a question. I have started using this OS and the description panel which was present in Windows in the bottom area of the Explorer is no more so how do I see the size, resolution etc of images when I am viewing them in very large mode. Please don't tell me to hover the mouse and see or seeing the properties, Is there any way to get that Description Bar back or not ??

couldn't recall what the description bar is but maybe this would be helpful..

*i.imgur.com/EmJ0s1U.png

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah its the same except that it was in bottom in Windows 7 instead on being on right side. Can I have the same thing in bottom ??

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Is there any way to group the images into portrait and landscape images in file explorer ? Or any other app/software to do it?

I came to know that gadgets were replaced by apps in Windows 8 but that means we can't install gadgets in Windows 8 ?

Is there any way to group the images into portrait and landscape images in file explorer ? Or any other app/software to do it?

I came to know that gadgets were replaced by apps in Windows 8 but that means we can't install gadgets in Windows 8 ?

no you cannot. it was also disabled in win 7 SP1.

amjath

Human Spambot
My PC shut down time for windows 8 is taking too long. Monitor goes off in few seconds after shutting down but power LED and mouse lights [logitech g300] goes off around 30 seconds later. Help me with this later shut down

My PC shut down time for windows 8 is taking too long. Monitor goes off in few seconds after shutting down but power LED and mouse lights [logitech g300] goes off around 30 seconds later. Help me with this later shut down

I suppose you have recently installed windows 8. its not a problem. it will happen for 5-6 days, then everything will be normal.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker

My machine shuts real quick if I shut down usual way. But if I use cmd prompt to shut down (shutdown /s /t 0) it take longer to shut down.
I think this has something to do with fast boot. Did you disable it?

Gollum

Collector

I have the same thing happening on my PC but I'm not complaining. Its the way the OS works.

amjath

Human Spambot
I have the same thing happening on my PC but I'm not complaining. Its the way the OS works.

I'm not complaining. First when i upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 I did not face this slow shutdown issue. Then after few months I did clean install, it was good for few days then slow shutdown happening!!!

My machine shuts real quick if I shut down usual way. But if I use cmd prompt to shut down (shutdown /s /t 0) it take longer to shut down.
I think this has something to do with fast boot. Did you disable it?

Fast boot and my issue :rolleyes: lets see I think it is enabled

Top Bottom