The Official GRID Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
Re: Anyone play GRID?

some local chinese make one....but it worked with FIFA 07,08, NFS (MW, C and PS) and most other games too. it gets detected in 'Game Controllers; in Control Panel

In Grid, when I go to Control Setup and try to redefine keys, it does not respond to my gamepad

xbonez

NP : Crysis

i'm having trouble in drift races...difficult to manage them with keyboard

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

hey wud it fell better with a Wheel?
get a branded wheel (logitech...) .
codeM games dont usually detect chinese make wheels.

about gamepad, it should detect, as DiRT detected my chinese g-pad :))
(but i played DiRT on Vista & vista's g-pad drivers ;) )

btw Grid is also a arcade racer, some ppl complaining that its tough n' all (handling) ... - just play for a while, you'll get the hang of it.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

if you have money go for Logitech G25 (~24k)

check this link *www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/wheels/&cl=in,en

P

paranj

lol i m not a billionare! suggest me under 5k.

Indyan

Here Since 2003

All the online shopping websites seems to house only the cordless version of Logitech Rumblepad. Can't find the corded version anywhere.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

lol i m not a billionare! suggest me under 5k.

check that link, other logitech models are listed & google for their price

All the online shopping websites seems to house only the cordless version of Logitech Rumblepad. Can't find the corded version anywhere.

link frm logitech's site

*shopping.rediff.com/shop/store.jsp?strfnbr=2322

*www.theitdepot.com/Logitech/subcategries.php?cate_id=6&subcate_id=18

@paranj
the logitech wheel start at 2.5k (check the second link for cheapr price)

sorry the g25 costs ~17k :))

Last edited:

Indyan

Here Since 2003

Both of them list the cordless version of the rumblepad.
Not the corded.

Anyway, I am not yet sure if I want to spend 1k+ on a gamepad. If I do I will probably go for Saitek P2600 Rumble.

Last edited:

hmphfpolo

Right off the assembly line

How is it?

most people say that the cars in GRID is very hard to control using gamepad even if it is calibrated using windows default....

but this P2600 Rumble comes with its own Calibration software....

for me, i say its very good.... :smile:

what i hate most is that the left and right handle is too far from each other and i dnt think the FPS button is not necessary :rolleyes:

and the direction button breaks easily....i've superglued it twice :D:D:D

P

paranj

^rofl

guys buy the Logitech Rumblepad, its very good for this game.

amitash

Intel OCer

mine are
gameplay 8/10
graphics 9/10
usefullness 0/10
compatibility and UI 2/10

Overall : 7.5/10

GRID does not have crossfire.sli support so i have to disable it AND since i have onboard crossfire i have to turn off AA AND it crashes under vista....so compatibility stinks. Hoping for a patch soon.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven

As far as I have seen, the standard Xbox 360 controller is by far the best controller. For those who like it, I suppose it will make for a good choice to get itf or your PC as well.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

Alright I just got back from an hour after crashing & burning on this game.My words are......there are no bloody words.

Man I'm left speechless.This game is brilliant.I salute you codemasters as yours is the first "THE" most realistic racing game I have seen till now (GT fans stay away).This game has everything.Graphics,Physics,mind blowing sound & heck even time reversal feature(neat!).Played it @1280x1024 with 2X MSAA & the game looked gorgeous as heaven.The only downside is that it's a simulation driving which makes it insanely difficult to drive.I guess it's now time to get myself the controller again.But man this game puts every other race title back there to shame.EA you can rest in piece now.:D

Ok time to hit the break as I am beginning to sound like a fanboy.But who cares? People please get this game as it's worth every single penny you pay.:D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

^^yeah i sure will, but not now. Need some spare time to play it (september-october)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom