The Official GRID Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Re: Anyone play GRID?

Just finished the game.. playing on through the entire night today.... regardless to say, i stand by my earlier conclusions... it is the BEST racing game yet out for PC in all aspects.... and it replaced my earlier favorite NFS:MW.... :) Whats special about this game apart from its awesome graphics (looks quite photo-realistic sometimes) and physics is that its gameplay is ultimate smooth and swift.. I just loved driving this.. and it now seems that I might not wanna get back to NFS ever again...:) I will rate it 9.0/10... a must play for all racing fans... :)

OP
shift

shift

Seed is the Life!!

after 20hrs, i ll smoked all those people online with the full version.............

u knw wat i mean?

Last edited:

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

@rockthegod and @desiibond,
Thankks for those convincing words in favour of GRID! I am going for it!! :D
Ok, few things...what kind of car modding are we talking about? Rally-ish?? :| What kind of weather/environment/daytime is in the game? Is it same, throughout the game? And lastly...how many different cars in this one?? :D
Thanks..

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

You are welcome.. and yes, the game is worth buying...it is worth every penny...:)

Screenshots from the demo, i had posted much earlier in the following thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87501

regarding your questions, here are the answers:
1) Car Modding is minimal (not like NFS)... you can change color, vinyl designs but the rest of the car is already pro modded when you buy it. By any way, they look terrific even at 4X MSAA.

2) Some tracks are rally like.. there are drift tracks, races down the mountains, drifts down the mountains, closed-circuit races, open drift races, free-form racing, mountains duels (quite something like what was in NFS carbon but here its better and tougher.., you can actually fall down from the side of the mountain and crash your car accordingly..:D).

3) There is no police or anything like that. You just race alone (in drifts) or head-on with other cars. Whats so special is that the car AI is terrific.. they not only race with you but also among themselves.. and with the heavy flyin dust, car parts breaking and flying away.. cars smashing and fighting among themselves.. the experience is simply terrific....

4) You can drive in broad daylight, dusk or at night but that is not under your control. Whats beautiful is the HDR (High dynamic range) lighting so beautifully employed in this game. You can see sun rays tricking through the trees on the road-sides.. sometimes the environments are so amazing that I watched them rather than concentrating on the racing and crashed my car..:D

5) The Replay thing is awesome.. you can fully control your view and timeline and speed..

6) last of all, all the cars here (I think over 40) are all proper racing cars fully pro modded...

Official Cars List:
===============

DALLARA FORMULA 3*
FJ 1000*
BMW 320si
CHEVROLET CORVETTE C5-R*
CHEVROLET CORVETTE C6-R
CHEVROLET CAMARO CONCEPT
CHEVROLET LACETTI
MAZDA 787B
MAZDA RX-7 FD3S
TOYOTA SUPRA
TOYOTA COROLLA GT-S (AE86)
TOYOTA SOARER (JZZ30)
SUBARU IMPREZA
PONTIAC GTO
NISSAN 350Z
NISSAN SILVIA
NISSAN SKYLINE GT-R Z-TUNE
NISSAN R390 GT-1
TVR TUSCAN CHALLENGE*
PORSCHE 911 GT3 RSR*
PANOZ ESPERANTE
SPYKER C8 SPYDER
LAMBORGHINI MURCIELAGO RGT*
ASTON MARTIN DBR9
SALEEN S7R
COURAGE C65*
COURAGE LC70*
LOLA B05/40*
LOLA B06/10*
FORD MUSTANG GT-R CONCEPT
FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302
DORAN RACING JE4*
DODGE VIPER SRT10
MOPAR DODGE CHARGER SRT8 DRIFT
DODGE CHALLENGER CONCEPT
KOENIGSEGG CCXR
KOENIGSEGG CCGT
PAGANI ZONDA R
AUDI R10 TDI*
CREATION CA06/H-JUDD*
JUPITER EAGLERAY MK5*
HONDA NSX-R
PLYMOUTH AAR 'CUDA

Track List:
==============

Circuito del Jarama
Nürburgring GP circuit
Donington Park
Istanbul Park
Milan
Le Mans*
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Okutama Grand Circuit*
Yokohama Docks
Shibuya
Mount Haruna
San Francisco
Washington DC
Detroit
Long Beach
Haneda Airport**

Last edited:
OP
shift

shift

Seed is the Life!!

what is that thing! the asterik thing on some of the car?

some 1 and some 2

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

sorry.. the * marked ones are not available in the Nintendo DS version of the game..and ** ones in some other version.... don't remember now...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

@rockthegod and @desiibond,
Thankks for those convincing words in favour of GRID! I am going for it!! :D
Ok, few things...what kind of car modding are we talking about? Rally-ish?? :| What kind of weather/environment/daytime is in the game? Is it same, throughout the game? And lastly...how many different cars in this one?? :D
Thanks..

No car modding. Just the paint job can be changed It's pure rallyish game.

I think only Le Mans race has a 6 minute night race mode. Rest is pure day racing. Haven't encountered wet track yet.

It's totally different from NFS.

Environment: bright and very crisp

Car physics: Unlike other game developers, codemasters concentrated car's weight around center of mass. Because of this, the drive feels more realistic and the damage feels more real. In one race, I touched the left barriers and the damage happened to whatever is on the left side like the side mirror, left front wheel, wheel cover etc. Handling the car is little difficult here when compared to NFS:MW. in NFS:MW, the car feels stiff but here it's super smooth and if you do too much left turn, the car will immediately go into a spin.

GPU Support: NFS:MW struggled to run smoothly on my HD2600XT 512MB card when I played it on 1440x900 resolution with full eye candy on. But for GRID, it looked more realistic, the graphics were superb when compared to NFS:MW. And even at the same resolution with full eye candy on, it was super smooth. Full credit to the codemasters's developers who were able to squeeze the best out of the GPU. First I thought I had to turn down the resolution but I never needed to. Imaging how it will be to play this game on a 24" monitor with 8800GT+ card :)

VFM: Truly worth every penny. Best racing game ever designed for PC. This might even go head to head with Gran Turismo ( car damage and physics in GT5 looks breathtakingly funny)

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

I think only Le Mans race has a 6 minute night race mode. Rest is pure day racing. Haven't encountered wet track yet.

There are quite a few wet tracks in Japan (Drift on ultra slippery surfaces) which are all in Night Mode.

P

paranj

GRID is waaaaay better than DiRT(same developers but still. I m not toking abt graphics cuz anyways DiRT was the best-looking racing game out there. I m toking abt the physics, and driving and the super-reallistic tracks. All this was very good in DiRT and is better in GRID.) so what i m saying is GRID is waaaay better than DiRT and DiRT was well...hehe waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than any NFS games. i hope u get it. Now stop flooding this thread and go download it and play it. 9.5/10. Furcking awesome.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

the game's worth buying..screenshots really look cool..are codemasters games available in india?i mean original ones for PC?

P

paranj

buying? who the furck wants to BUY a game? lol buying original games is a sin .

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

really?
there are many ppl who buy original games..and PC games dont cost much.there are 4-5 great titles released every yr and i think every1 can buy them if u can buy a pc to run it...or was the PC stolen ? :lol:

BTW-U can get games for 700-900 bucks in india..

P

paranj

ya u are right. i stole it from a near-by store. I put the PC in my pocket when they were not looking:D lol

ajaybc

Youngling

+1

I wont buy an original version until the are available for below 300Rs:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom