The Official GRID Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
Re: Anyone play GRID?

somebody pls give me tips for japanese races...especially the drift ones..im very bad at drift...

also how many of you hav won le mans....man that race is sooo painful, and it becomes difficult at night..i hardly ever finish the race...so anyone pls give me tips for that..if any..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

if codeM had opened the pits, it'd have been awesome:)), coz driving around 24mins,/2hrs.. wil b'com boring.

is it just me or happens with all, after 3-5lap at le-mans, the lvl of grip reduces.:? (wit minimal damage).

OP
shift

shift

Seed is the Life!!

for freestyle drifting, instead of here and there, make a drift point, like, drift round a building to score maximum combo

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

if codeM had opened the pits, it'd have been awesome:)), coz driving around 24mins,/2hrs.. wil b'com boring.

is it just me or happens with all, after 3-5lap at le-mans, the lvl of grip reduces.:? (wit minimal damage).
you playin on x3000 ?

xbonez

NP : Crysis

w00t!! broke the 2 million barrier in drift points....was a four lap race

*img233.imageshack.us/img233/1267/clipboard37bj3.th.jpg

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!

^^ and yet the f0kers online with Superstar ratings always beat my score.. they trail in the range of 30-35 million in 3-4 lap drift tracks in ranked servers... and I always get beaten to 4-5th position... :x :( I guess its better to drift with a gamepad... drifting with keyboard...it makes fingers tiresome enough after a while.... :(

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

^if its a branded gamepad (logitech/microsoft...) then only it'd work fine.

or curse the codeM devs like me:p

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

^using XP or Vista?

works for me. on Vista i didnt install any g-pad drivers, vista installed generic drivers....

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

le-mans = endurance race.
so, the more you preserve the car, the higher the chances of finishing the race:D

btw, noticed there's no penalty for 'cutting the track' :)):))

so far, i've observed, AI slow down a lot when nearing a turn/corner, so if you kno the track, keep a good momentum while entering & exiting the corner. (this is how i've overtaken podium ai's)
for tat- dont press the brake when the corenr is jus 50ft away, slow the car a bit at 150-100ft, then accelerate to enter corner- decelerate if too much speed (no brakin)-acc. again in exiting.

brake early, accelerate early.

if you dont kno le-mans track very well, get a GTR2 +le-mans track mod + GTR2 TC mod(very faast + bit arcady car mod) & then practice:)).

so far, i win only in nurburgrin track only, finished in podium at spa.:(
can we adjust number of AI's in quick race to practice the track a bit:))?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Mods: Please change the title of this thread to GRID official thread

le-mans = endurance race.
so, the more you preserve the car, the higher the chances of finishing the race:D

so far, i've observed, AI slow down a lot when nearing a turn/corner, so if you kno the track, keep a good momentum while entering & exiting the corner. (this is how i've overtaken podium ai's)
for tat- dont press the brake when the corenr is jus 50ft away, slow the car a bit at 150-100ft, then accelerate to enter corner- decelerate if too much speed (no brakin)-acc. again in exiting.

brake early, accelerate early.

if you dont kno le-mans track very well, get a GTR2 +le-mans track mod + GTR2 TC mod(very faast + bit arcady car mod) & then practice:)).

so far, i win only in nurburgrin track only, finished in podium at spa.:(
can we adjust number of AI's in quick race to practice the track a bit:))?

Handbrake is very very important in Le Man's Race to stay well ahead of the other cars in your group.

Last edited:

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz

But those slow u down and spins u outacontrol.!

+1 for other pointers.

What driving assists are really needed?
Can one have a semi-auto transmission?
In Manual transmission, if one can get it right is much fruitful than AT?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

manual always pays off, better speed & control.

no semi-auto in grid:(
about cutting track, try it in chicanes & turns where there's no gravel trap or grass.;)
(i tried it at spa, le-mans(chicanes), & in nurburgring for fun :D)

GRID Launcher

Features

Launches GRID [Full version] with the option to choose different resolutions, refresh rates, aspect ratios, gamma levels as well as specifying whether it runs full screen and with VSync turned on.

Graphical profiles can be created to suit varying needs (e.g. For different monitors or projectors which use different resolutions and aspect ratios)

Automatically detects GRID file locations and backs up files before making any modifications

d/l = *gridjoint.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=31&func=fileinfo&id=9

==============================

WOOOOT :p

GRID Launcher rocks :D:D

i disabled hrd & blur effect & now the car control with gamepad is nicccccce :D

went for 2nd drift session & score 6lakh pts:D, & won in Spa :))

*img83.imageshack.us/img83/7089/gridddot0.th.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom