The Official GRID Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Anyone play GRID?

^Whatever you do, get a controller lest you end up breaking your directional keys on your keyboard.The drifting is way too much for this game & hence if you are a rookie at simulation driving then this would be very tough nut to crack.

Can anyone provide some tips for steep turns? Should I use the handbrake or leave the acceleration & hit the normal brakes to turn? :confused:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

am not amateur, played CMR and MotoGP (though these were bikes). Though i played them using keyboard.

I used to diagonally turn the steep ones, using handbrake and acceleration combo

watch tokyo drift to get the gist of :D

P

paranj

^^I just completed MotoGP 07 and it has very hard turning system too :(

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

^^its easy, just that start from one side of the turn and halfway come at the center of road then when the turn is about to complete go to other extreme.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

@allwyndlima, Grid is a ARCADE racer:p, its not even half sim. (as discussed in rsc forums).

if you talk of sim., nothing comes close to GTR2, Grid will look like "road fighter" (yea, that 8bit game):p

Grid & NFS PS fall in same category = 1/2 arcade + 1/2 sim like.

^^its easy, just that start from one side of the turn and halfway come at the center of road then when the turn is about to complete go to other extreme.

outside-inside-outside :))

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned

^^ i have a passionate corner for arcade flavour though...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

can we do 360 turns in grid???

go fast - handbrake & turn to one dir. till car does 360:D

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxc6YEhD3f8
wow, downhill at night:))

reminds me of Initial-D:))

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis

online play is amazing fun

*img90.imageshack.us/img90/2788/clipboard34dv0.th.jpg

moshel

Padawan

how many of you have u played with a racing wheel and finished the game nd how many widout the racing wheel?

is it easy to play without a racing wheel? i had bought DiRt the last time around but didnt play more than 2 levels..........does this have the same kind of gameplay as DiRt??

Can anyone provide some tips for steep turns? Should I use the handbrake or leave the acceleration & hit the normal brakes to turn? :confused:

steep as in going up or going down??

while ur going upwards and theres a turning, when u reach near the top just leave the accelerator and lightly apply normal brakes, that way ur car wont jump and u will be able to take an immediate turn easily.

when going downwards, do the same as above, leave the accelaration and hit the brakes little harder.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

^My bad.Allow me to rephrase that.How do you turn successfully towards long curves or turns? I tried a couple of times & the handbrake just doesn't feel right.I have to leave the acceleration entirely.Also the my Supra just spins out of control after I crash into someone & try to regain control.It keep doing circles even though I only hold down the acceleration button.Man this game sure needs a lot of practice.Anyone up for online play? :D

moshel

Padawan

^My bad.Allow me to rephrase that.How do you turn successfully towards long curves or turns? I tried a couple of times & the handbrake just doesn't feel right.I have to leave the acceleration entirely.Also the my Supra just spins out of control after I crash into someone & try to regain control.It keep doing circles even though I only hold down the acceleration button.Man this game sure needs a lot of practice.Anyone up for online play? :D

for long curves, take the inside line going into the turning and put very low steering, the car will turn and alongwith it, it will move to the outer line on the new road from where u can hit full gas.

It keep doing circles even though I only hold down the acceleration button
when in an accident, leave the accelerator until ur car becomes stable again and then hit the gas slowly.

btw the above two hints and the one given previously are very common ones. this strategy is for all car racing games in general.

i got the game and man this one is hard...there are pretty good options like setting the deadzone for steering, acceleration and braking. I tweaked with these little bit and now i feel better control.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

^Thanks mate.I believe I am slowly getting the hang of it.I switched to manual gear system & that gave me a bit better control.I throttle the gear to 5 as the race starts & surprisingly the car doesn't spin as much as it used to in the auto mode.I guess it's mainly because the acceleration pick up is very instant in auto mode.Trying to slide across the edges but still having grave difficulties.Coming from a NFS & Burnout background this one feels extremely different.The controls are very sensitive.Can you post some of your advanced control setting?

@s18000rpm: This game doesn't feel anything like an arcade racing game.It's control system & steering response is unlike any arcade racers.The regular arcade games a la NFS are somewhat easy to handle & tame the cars but riding cars in GRID is as good as trying to ride a mad bull.:D

moshel

Padawan

here u go...

i tweaked these settings until i got a setting with which i was comfortable...

so just play around and see what suits u best.

Best Luck!

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz

@allwyndlima,
Ive asked the same q in the racin game discuss thread. Got no response and thanks to that i had to try some on me own.

I switched off/on some options on the "Driving Assist" menu. Got my car's stability back and also some "respect points"

Manual driving is not everyone's cup of tea

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

LOOOOL
damn, this is arcade racers ka baap :D

my chinese controller suks, the input is delayed & wen the car finally turs, it turns too fast :D

anyone for online racing:))

if i get disconnected, then its not my fault, its BSNL:x:|, it dies frequently.

==================================

Custom Presets For Gamepads / Wheels

*community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286996

handling a muscle car seems easy:))

tinckerd around tinckerd around with gamepad settings, finally got a set up which is in "ok" state. (for chinese g-pad that is:)))

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl

finally got digit ,
installed GRID.tough to play with a keyboard.but easy with a gamepad.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC06549_1024x683.JPG*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC06552_1024x683.JPG

*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC06558_1024x683.JPG*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC06559_1024x683.JPG*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC06555_1024x683.JPG*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC06556_1024x683.JPG*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC06557_1024x683.JPG*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC06554_1024x683.JPG*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC06554_1024x683-20080618040046.jpg*s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/DSC06553_1024x683.JPG

*s3.supload.com/free/DSC06554_1024x683-20080618040046.jpg/view/
*s3.supload.com/free/DSC06557_1024x683.JPG/view/
Free Image Host

i won only in Nurbugring track:(:)) (gtr2 experience:twisted:)
with muscle cars, i went opposite direction & crashed head on:D

chinese gamepad suk with codeM games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.