The LG Optimus One Thread

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
i find installing sdk a bit complicated. terminal emulator saves a lot of time.

read this

I have already installed SDK and have adb ready(I guess).

1. Install Android SDK

2. Use ADB in the Tools folder

Many tutorials about it online...

The tutorials online are confusing me alot!
I was following this: Guide to Install Cyanogenmod 7 (Gingerbread) on the LG Optimus One - Mobile Geeky
But in step 3 it says
Download flash_image.zip and a recovery image (recovery-RA-GNM-thunderg-1.1.0.img.zip) for the Optimus One from Android Forums.
Now I am confused. The Android Forums' link says that thread is outdated and asks me to go to the link given by Sam, but I cannot find the files specified in tutorial there..

*dl.dropbox.com/u/31104340/root.JPG
I guess this means adb is ready :?:

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Thanks, Sam, but now I guess I am better without this stuff.

I dont know what I did, but my phone was bricked:)?:) because of some random actions I took. It wasn't booting in anyway, it just showed a white screen. Luckily I was able to boot in emergency mode (volume up + back + power). I downloaded KDZ Updater with KDZ file from link below and ran it. After a few minutes I got my phone back!! :hyper:

Thanks to [HOWTO][PICTURE GUIDE]Update your firmware using KDZ Updater - xda-developers :D

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
most likely boot loader was corrupted. can be cause of wrong code. your best bet is to flash clockworkmod recovery using rom manager & from there install TWRP recovery or amonra recovery.

Neo

your best bet is to flash clockworkmod recovery using rom manager & from there install TWRP recovery or amonra recovery.
I guess that's not a good idea.
I have ended up in fastboot mode everytime i used ROM Manager.

Neo

after flashing always reboot once. also rom manager has received many updates. so these issues should get fixed by now.

else should try the terminal way.
Whatever :confused::confused::confused:

BTW is anyone using Market Enabler?

is LG is stopping its mobile phone industry? i read it somewhere

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
NEED URGENT HELP!

Ok... I may sound dumb, but I need your help!!

This is what happened:
While I was researching about Rooting and Custom ROM and stuff, I saw a vid where a person goes into the console of the phone by pressing 3 buttons: Menu + Volume down + Power. I tried to do the same, just for the heck of it. (Man, am I dumb or what).
So, while I was starting the phone by pressing those 3 buttons, I was expecting I would be taken in console mode. BUT NO! After a long boot up, it greeted me with a Select language option.. and after that it asks me to set date and time formats etc..

It was then that hit me, that I may have hard reseted the phone! I googled and came across this vid, which explained the same thing.

Now is there an option to revert back this hard resetting, since I DONT want to erase the contents of my phone! :'(
My phone is still in that menu.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ where? Post 600 is from AndroidFan!

Btw.. someone please advise on my problem!! Waiting for you sam!! :(

Neo

NEED URGENT HELP!

Ok... I may sound dumb, but I need your help!!

This is what happened:
While I was researching about Rooting and Custom ROM and stuff, I saw a vid where a person goes into the console of the phone by pressing 3 buttons: Menu + Volume down + Power. I tried to do the same, just for the heck of it. (Man, am I dumb or what).
So, while I was starting the phone by pressing those 3 buttons, I was expecting I would be taken in console mode. BUT NO! After a long boot up, it greeted me with a Select language option.. and after that it asks me to set date and time formats etc..

It was then that hit me, that I may have hard reseted the phone! I googled and came across this vid, which explained the same thing.

Now is there an option to revert back this hard resetting, since I DONT want to erase the contents of my phone! :'(
My phone is still in that menu.

You got it wrong buddy. Menu + Vol. Down + Power is for hard resetting the phone.
That console would only appear when you have your phone rooted and a custom recovery installed. Nothing can be done now.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, I too thing the same. I was hoping there would be a way to revert the hard resetting procedure, before I continue with the wizard which ask for language settings and time format etc...

Anyway... thanks. :(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
sorry vineet. was little busy so late at replying. you at least should have asked someone here before trying that. well phone memory is gone. but sd card is untouched.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ No probs. I get it, you were busy!! :D

Btw, it was an accident, just a by product of my stupid, "Curiosity".
It was a poor judgement on my part after watching a YT vid, and I acted on impulse rather than proper research. (Little knowledge -> Dangerous thing, that).

But I don't think much loss has been done.
Contacts got synched back through Google account. Pics were in card and also synched with Google Plus.
Only loss occurred of the notes which I created in Notes app, and the Messages, those were completely wiped out! :(
Also, the game progress must also have been erased. Now will have to again play those levels! But this problem is nothing in front of lost messages.

One strange thing happening right now is that Every app which I had downloaded from Market is currently being downloaded.... ALL AT ONCE!
Yeah! :lol:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
LOL yeah... I learned it the hard way...
OR.. "Hard-reset" way... :rofl:

Now I have to find ways to completely remove dependencies on the phone memory. One of the thing would include, finding a messaging app, that stores messages on Card, or on Cloud.

Top Bottom