The LG Optimus One Thread

Tanveerpa

Broken In
Thanks sam. mine is official GB v20b 2.3.3 Indian version. I think this is new based band. Btw how to find out the baseband?

And thanks again for ur earlier reply also. I successfully rooted my p500, installed Titanium backup and ROM manager. If I can flash the new cm 7.2 (mentioned Above) over my official gb, then how can I do it? Guide me.please.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
go to "About Phone" from settings. there baseband is listed. it doesn't says new or old but new one is different. thats how we know.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Thanks sam. mine is official GB v20b 2.3.3 Indian version. I think this is new based band. Btw how to find out the baseband?

And thanks again for ur earlier reply also. I successfully rooted my p500, installed Titanium backup and ROM manager. If I can flash the new cm 7.2 (mentioned Above) over my official gb, then how can I do it? Guide me.please.

Now, install recovery from ROM Manager. Rom Manger > Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.

Take backup. Rom Manager > Backup Current ROM

Now before proceeding, keep a backup of the Backup ROM on PC. You can find it under clockworkmod/backup on your SD Card.

And install Custom ROM. Rom Manger > Install ROM from SD Card > Select the ROM that you want to flash.

Tanveerpa

Broken In
In About phone there is no baseband list. There are software ver. kernel etc are there. But no specific word which says base band!

Tanveerpa

Broken In
Okay. Thanks.

Installing custom recovery using Rom Manager is as simple as installing any other app from market! is it that easy? Or more steps are there?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
not that simple but easy. once custom recovery is installed (ROM manager will do it for you). reboot mobile once. then run rom manager again & just install a rom using it. mobile will restart & will take you to a new screen. usually everything is done automatically. you don't need to do anything. in case it doesn't goes as stated, just select flash rom/menu & flash using it.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ya don't forget to take a backup of your present rom before proceeding, so if you ever mess up anything you can go back and start again from where everything started :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
NO. it'll take you to custom recovery. you can do 2 things: backup LG ROM using custom recovery. later you can restore it. its known as Nandroid backup. secondly, you can flash stock LG ROM using KDZ updater but its a high risk tool. many (& i mean maaaaaaaaaaany) have bricked their mobile using this piece of crap. do it if absolutely no option is left.

Oh no... I would not want to take a chance on something which have such a high risk of failure!

rendering of the menu system & UI using the GPU. as its hardware accelerated hence takes lot more power. the GPU can be used for games & watching videos only. else even websites will start using the GPU & battery backup will get cut in half. last used in Android 2.2 ROM.

One of the factors in my decision to purchase O1 was the presence of Adreno graphics. And I would like to use the power it can provide.
I hope any custom ROM provide an easy toggle switch which we can use to turn the hardware acceleration on or off.

who said that? Oxygen ROM have some FM problem which most likely was sorted out. else install some other radio from market :p

You are still on mobile isn't it? Since I did quoted whoever said that! :lol:

yes you'll loose them. your apps are linked to google account but for current ROM. change rom & most likely everything will get erased. you can try 1 trick (don't blame me if you break your mobile :p ). root, install titanium backup, backup that N-Map. save the titaniumbackup folder in PC. install custom rom, install titanium backup, restore folder to memory card & try to restore. app may fail to respond or may through FC (force close).

If the app is linked for my current ROM, then in case that I restore LG's custom ROM (after using some other ROM), the app should start to work again. Isn't it?

yes. i have this problem. 1 single dust particle but visible :(
fixed in newer models & old models can be taken to service center where they'll fix it. i don't trust service center guys to open up my mobile. so didn't bother to take it.

I think there is a dust or two under my screen too. But those are near the edges and its not a big problem too (yet). But yeah, you can't trust service center guys. Maybe you can watch this video and try to open it yourself How to disassemble the LG-P500 Optimus One - The first instruction video out there - YouTube :D Just maybe.

3.0MP looks clean, maybe ;-)

No. Letsbuy and even the official LG website says its just 3.0. Looks like GSMArena goofed up the specification and our mobile just have 3.0 megapixel! :(

Is Intel 2nd gen Core i*** series better than 1st gen Intel Core i***? new architecture. but old GPU architecture. GPU is modified a bit & hence may run at higher clock or maybe with more cores.

I am sorry, but can not make out which specification is better after reading what have you written: O1's or Ubislate+'s. :oops:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Oh no... I would not want to take a chance on something which have such a high risk of failure!

not huge. 1 in every 3 attempt is a failure = brick :p

One of the factors in my decision to purchase O1 was the presence of Adreno graphics. And I would like to use the power it can provide.
I hope any custom ROM provide an easy toggle switch which we can use to turn the hardware acceleration on or off.

using script, yes. a DEV named knzo made a system of toggle using folder. create a folder inside system folder to overclock & all.

You are still on mobile isn't it? Since I did quoted whoever said that! :lol:

when from mobile i don't quote multiple msgs. not possible. BTW i don't remember saying anything like that.

If the app is linked for my current ROM, then in case that I restore LG's custom ROM (after using some other ROM), the app should start to work again. Isn't it?

yup.

I think there is a dust or two under my screen too. But those are near the edges and its not a big problem too (yet). But yeah, you can't trust service center guys. Maybe you can watch this video and try to open it yourself How to disassemble the LG-P500 Optimus One - The first instruction video out there - YouTube :D Just maybe.

na. i am better off with enjoying Dusted Gingerbread ;-)

No. Letsbuy and even the official LG website says its just 3.0. Looks like GSMArena goofed up the specification and our mobile just have 3.0 megapixel! :(

.15 doesn't make a difference, does it?

I am sorry, but can not make out which specification is better after reading what have you written: O1's or Ubislate+'s. :oops:

i was comparing ARM1136EJ-S (ticking inside Qualcomm MSM7227 that is powering O1) with Cortex A8. A8 is a new core based on ARM v7 architecture. MSM7227 uses a old ARM v6 architecture based core.

Tanveerpa

Broken In
Btw after installing cwm recovery using Rom Manager can I flash twrp recovery? if so how can I do that? Do I have to dowmload twrp recovery first?

After flashing cm7.2 Rom do I have to flash kernel also? If so how to flash it? Sorry for asking too many queries.

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Btw after installing cwm recovery using Rom Manager can I flash twrp recovery? if so how can I do that? Do I have to dowmload twrp recovery first?

After flashing cm7.2 Rom do I have to flash kernel also? If so how to flash it? Sorry for asking too many queries.

You only need one custom recovery. Personally, I use Amonra, and am happy with it. You choose one, and then follow instructions to flash it...

Also, CM 7.2 ROM contains a kernel patch. There is no need to flash another patch. You can do that if there is a newer version or some other better kernel...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
----------------------------------------------
Need advice please...

AdFad666 has released his updated ROMs today...

For old baseband, we have .32 kernel A8 ROM and .35 kernel F2 ROM...

Should I move to .35 ROM? Will I be able to reflash the .32 ROM if I don't like it?

Cheers!

Top Bottom