The LG Optimus One Thread

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
It's ok :)

So till now no other bug except that Data bug I already said.

One more thing, I don't know why, but I couldn't manage to open Google+ Messenger even once after installing it. Everytime it gets FC.

Will post in XDA and see if anyone else are having the same problem.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Encountered this MMORPG game for Android: *market.android.com/details?id=sts.sl

Its written that it will run smooth on EDGE. Is EDGE different from the GSM connection that I am using on my phone from Airtel?

And these, (For the record. Have to install later.)
*market.android.com/details?id=net.hexage.robotek.hd
*market.android.com/details?id=com.disney.WMWLite
*market.android.com/details?id=com.sega.soniccd (Paid, have to buy.)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Well, then I hope Star Legends will play nicely on my phone.
And about exams, the last one is tomorrow. This is just the preparation for that! :lol:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have not played a single multiplayer game till now on my mobile. may give it a try.

;-) after exams will you join the custom rom team or wait till 2012? all the best for exams :razz:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ I would have jumped to custom ROM team, a long time ago. But there are a few scores to be settled, benchmarks to be taken and queries to be cleared, before I do that.

So, I think, I would only be able to jump, NEXT YEAR! :p

Thanks for the wish.

rockstarmpm

Broken In
Hello,
GTA 3 is working perfectly in openOptimus, but it lags in CM7. Eventhough CM7 has 1650points in AnTuTu (oO has only 1450points) GTA lags in CM7.
Is there any tweaks for CM7?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So, list of devices getting ICS update is out..
List of Android Smartphones getting Icecream sandwich (ICS) updates in 2012

Looks like, O1 didn't made it. :(

So, can we install ICS any way still? :D

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^ @Sam,

A Dev has written on XDA -- xda-developers - View Single Post - ICS 4.0 port possibilities

Back in time, when ICS sources were released and Andy started with his port, i told him that there would be no big big progress until some specific parts of source corresponding not only to armv6 but qualcomm chip itself (or lg stuff/sources) be released but he insisted he could manage to fix all by himself, now im sitting back with my bowl of pop corns

So, lets hope Andy and other DEVs can succeed in porting ICS to Optimus One... But the task seems too tough given their limitations...

EDIT: Also, P500 does not support Hardware Acceleration. So, ICS is not really needed. Gingerbread is good enough...

Source:
*forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20808529&postcount=946
Andy said:
why it is so difficult to understand: THE P500 DOESNT SUPPORT HW ACCELERATION! :D

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
happy that Optimus One didn't made it.

:shock: Why? :?

CM9, Oxygen, Phoenix, etc. at least 5-6 DEVs are working on O1 only. then add 100s more working for "O1" type mobiles.

I think that's good news. Although, I will be happy to upgrade to gingerbread first :p

^^ @Sam,
So, lets hope Andy and other DEVs can succeed in porting ICS to Optimus One... But the task seems too tough given their limitations...

Wouldn't overclocking O1 help? It already has fair amount of RAM.
Didn't know about Hardware acceleration though. :|

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I think that's good news. Although, I will be happy to upgrade to gingerbread first :p

|

Please don't upgrade to official Gingerbread. Because if you do that, your baseband would be upgraded, which makes your phone incompatible with most of the custom ROMs.

If you want to upgrade, the best ones are Phoenix and Oxygen ROM...

I am on Cyanogenmod 7 2.3.7 myself, and it is excellent. There are bugs, but nothing major. And Cyanogenmod has its benefits...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ @Sam,

A Dev has written on XDA -- xda-developers - View Single Post - ICS 4.0 port possibilities

EDIT: Also, P500 does not support Hardware Acceleration. So, ICS is not really needed. Gingerbread is good enough...

Source:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [DISCUSSION][UPD 28/11 FAQ] Andy's PHOENIX (ICS 4.0.1/GB 2.3.4)

yup. i clearly remember that post. so not only we need Qualcomm drivers but some help from LG too. well if LG releases source code for Sol (have Adreno200 GPU & MSM7227T chipset) we have a chance.

when Android 4.1 or whatever the next version will be out our mobiles will get an update then to Android 4.0. then we'll notice that its of a new baseband so data won't work. and finally we'll experience the power of crappy LG modded Android. thank you very much, most will be happy with GB themed as ICS.

:facepalm: you are still on froyo. thats why i was wondering why the Android distribution for Froyo wasn't the value that i calculated :p

Wouldn't overclocking O1 help? It already has fair amount of RAM.
Didn't know about Hardware acceleration though. :|

its like running DirectX 11 game on a directX9 GPU. overclocking won't help here.

rockstarmpm

Broken In
ICS for O1, chk this [ROM] IceDroid -(ICS-PORT)- Close'd Project! - xda-developers
Screenshots: ICS Screenshots for Optimus One! - xda-developers

I am downloading it.

Neo

USB storage mode is not working still.
I have tried CM7, Oxygen etc. etc. ;changed the kernels but in vain.
What do i do guys...PLEASE HELP.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yesterday I shifted to AdFad666's CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-20111230-Thunderg-A5. And just after few mins of flashing I saw A6 is out!! He also released .35 based CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-20111230-Thunderg-F1 along with A6.

Though I didn't flashed A6 after that. So here's the battery stats of A5.

*i.imgur.com/VVAUi.png

*i.imgur.com/LhXDB.png

No Bugs Yet!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ICS for O1, chk this [ROM] IceDroid -(ICS-PORT)- Close'd Project! - xda-developers
Screenshots: ICS Screenshots for Optimus One! - xda-developers

I am downloading it.

its a half baked rom. i would rather go for themed gingerbread.

USB storage mode is not working still.
I have tried CM7, Oxygen etc. etc. ;changed the kernels but in vain.
What do i do guys...PLEASE HELP.

Wait. problem not solved with CM7? something seriously wrong. looks like i'll have to install CM7 now.

Yesterday I shifted to AdFad666's CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-20111230-Thunderg-A5. And just after few mins of flashing I saw A6 is out!! He also released .35 based CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-20111230-Thunderg-F1 along with A6.

Though I didn't flashed A6 after that. So here's the battery stats of A5.

*i.imgur.com/VVAUi.png

*i.imgur.com/LhXDB.png

No Bugs Yet!!

thanks for the screenies. look good (better than Mik's port).

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
Hey guys, I am back after a long time...

After being tired with sluggish performance during the last few months and the touchscreen bug, I finally went ahead and flashed my O1 last week (Thanks to all your posts in the previous few pages :) ) and my phone feels like it's brand new :D

Using the CM7 6.5.8 ROM with Franco's kernel 19.4

Last edited:
Top Bottom